Anyone care to say what liberalism is and defend it?

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 02:53 pm
@NEUROSPORT,
NEUROSPORT;70923 wrote:
I can speak English, Russian and Ukrainian. I didn't count Ukrainian because it is similar to Russian.

captain obvious strikes again :p

German and Spanish is smooth sailing for me.

But Chinese is like banging my head on the table. Chinese is the language that separates the men from the boys so to speak Smile

But you're not fluent in them. And don't lie.
0 Replies

kynaston

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 07:09 am
@NEUROSPORT,
NEUROSPORT;70906 wrote:
if you consider having two engineering degrees from one of the best schools in the world ( New York University ) as being a peasant, then i guess i am.

and thanks for the advice. i AM learning to read and write in my 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th languages. that's not counting Latin in which i am temporarily stuck.

by the way, it's aN ignorant peasant, not "a" ignorant peasant ...

Well, I though I'd answered this. I suggested that boasting on here about how many degrees we have or languages we speak is a bit aimless, don't you think, since no-one is going to be able to check. I also said that engineering may be very useful to the world, but it doesn't train people to think about history or politics, as you so worthily prove. I also pointed out that where I write 'a' for 'an' you write 'i' for 'I'. We must form a dyslexia club!
0 Replies