The Central Issue of American Politics?

Cato cv

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 04:55 pm
The central issue since the Magna Carta has been freedom or liberty from government. In America, from Jefferson forward, the Republicans have been for freedom while others: currently Democrats, have opposed.

Republicans like freedom because they know it makes each individual responsible and productive, while Democrats or liberals are opposed because they imagine powerful central government can do magical things to help people!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,954 • Replies: 27
No top replies

jpn of Seattle

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 02:31 pm
@Cato cv,
This has to be one of the stupidest posts I've ever read.

Let me respond at the level Cato feels the need to operate at:

Republicans like for people to be free to die of disease.
Republicans like for people to be free to have no future, no help in educating their kids, no social programs like the interstate freeway system.
Republicans like corporations to be free to pollute at will.

Gee, this is fun.
Cato cv

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 02:58 pm
@jpn of Seattle,

CATO: let's see

CATO: OK lets see how you do

CATO: no they like people to be free of government as our Founders intended.

Republicans like for people to be free to have no future,

CATO: no they like people to be free of government as our Founders intended.

no help in educating their kids,

Cato: this is true they would rather any help come from the state or local level

no social programs like the interstate freeway system.

CATO: 1) interstate highway system is not considered a social program, 2) conservatives are not against it as far as I know? Do you have any evidence to the contrary or are you just pretending to yourself??

CATO: If this is true I will pay you $10,000. Bet, or run away with your liberal tail between your legs.

Gee, this is fun.

CATO: feel free to try again!
NEUROSPORT

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 12:11 am
@Cato cv,
Cato;70438 wrote:
Republicans have been for freedom

No sonny boy. LIBERTARIANS are the only ones for LIBERTY. Republicans are NOT.

Unless liberty to you means getting searched without a warrant, waterboarded, and detained indefinitely without being charged with anything and with no access to a lawyer.

If that is your understanding of liberty then yes - Republicans are for it.

The truth son, is quite simple actually - the government is NEVER for liberty ! The government is always for slavery !

LIBERTARIANS are for liberty because they aren't actually in the government. Democrats and Republicans are the same ****.
NEUROSPORT

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 12:13 am
@jpn of Seattle,
jpn of Seattle;70444 wrote:

Republicans like for people to be free to have no future, no help in educating their kids, no social programs like the interstate freeway system.

Gee, this is fun.

indeed you have responded on the level of his post :ban:
0 Replies

NEUROSPORT

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 12:19 am
@Cato cv,
Cato;70445 wrote:
they like people to be free of government

You are confusing Republicans with Libertarians. Republicans want everybody in guantanamo getting raped by prison guards.

Cato;70445 wrote:
this is true they would rather any help come from the state or local level

confusing Republicans with Libertarians again. Republicans GREW the federal government enormously.

Cato;70445 wrote:
If this is true I will pay you $10,000. Bet, or run away with your liberal tail between your legs.

Republicans don't know what they want - they're ******* idiots. They have never read the constitution or anything from Jefferson or anybody at all. All they know is what Limbaugh tells them.
CapitalismFan01

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 11:38 am
@NEUROSPORT,
NEUROSPORT;70497 wrote:

Republicans don't know what they want - they're ***ing idiots. They have never read the constitution or anything from Jefferson or anybody at all. All they know is what Limbaugh tells them.

I have to agree with this. Any one who is in a political party is only power hungry or an extremist. They themselves are almost as bad as terrorist groups around the world. I am pretty sure George Washington once said something about how a Nation with political parties will not stand and I believe we are now seeing the consequences.
Cato cv

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 12:44 pm
@NEUROSPORT,
NEUROSPORT: No sonny boy. LIBERTARIANS are the only ones for LIBERTY. Republicans are NOT.

Cato: hardly a fair comparison since Republicans hold office and libertarians don't!

Neuro: Unless liberty to you means getting searched without a warrant, waterboarded, and detained indefinitely without being charged with anything and with no access to a lawyer.

CATO: dear, thats done for the liberty of those the terrorists would behead! You might say it gives them the liberty to keep their heads!!

If that is your understanding of liberty then yes - Republicans are for it.

CAto: I assume you understand now??

Nuro: The truth son, is quite simple actually - the government is NEVER for liberty ! The government is always for slavery !

Cato: it depends on who runs the government: libertarians Nazis, Republicans etc etc! That wasn't so hard was it?

Neuro: LIBERTARIANS are for liberty because they aren't actually in the government.

Cato: actually there are many including Ron Paul

Neuro: Democrats and Republicans are the same

Cato: if so then 100% of Republicans would not have voted against an increase in the debt ceiling as proposed by Democrats, for example!!

Cato: I with you about government being evil as a general principle but you have to be part of the government and compromise with them to shrink the government!
Republicans are libertarians who compromise as democracy requires. Pure libertarians don't compromise and so have no power to reduce government! PLease print this out and read it over and over again!. Thanks!
NEUROSPORT

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 03:18 pm
@CapitalismFan01,
CapitalismFan01;70510 wrote:
I am pretty sure George Washington once said something about how a Nation with political parties will not stand and I believe we are now seeing the consequences.

Thank you for saying this ! I didn't know that !

i found that speech:

Avalon Project - Washington's Farewell Address 1796

i will read it later.

it just occured to me yesterday that since a political party is like a religion the problem is actually not that we have ONLY TWO of them - the problem is that we have them at all !

the fathers wanted a separation between church and state instead parties rose to prominence and effectively took the role of church.
Cato cv

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 03:31 pm
@NEUROSPORT,
Washington Was against political parties?

Ted: one has to know history here. Washington was against parties because he did not want to be criticized. In fact, his Party ( the Federalists) was arresting Republicans during the election of 1800 for trying to criticize the Federalists during an election. Now that you understand the context you can see how essential parties are to a vibrant democracy!

Ted: Unfortunately to this day we have Federalists or Democrats who believe the bigger government is the better. If Jefferson had realized the Constitution, as written, would not prevent Democrats I'm sure he would have insisted on changes.
NEUROSPORT

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 11:52 pm
@Cato cv,
Cato;70519 wrote:
ve Federalists or Democrats who believe the bigger government is the better. If Jefferson had realized the Constitution, as written, would not prevent Democrats I'm sure he would have insisted on changes.

the failure of the constitution was in not mandating death penalty for anybody who tries to pass an unconstitutional law.

the problem with constitution is not that it doesn't spell out what can and cannot be done - it does. the problem is it doesn't spell out how it is to be enforced.

the constitution states that any powers not specifically granted to federal government are reserved to the states. so 90% of of everything that the federal government does is unconstitutional - problem is there is nobody to stop them !

also i believe the constitution should have never allowed for amendments beyond the bill of rights. in fact it should have mandated death penalty for anybody trying to amend it. the 11th amendment should have been the one banning all further amendments.
NEUROSPORT

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 12:12 am
@Cato cv,
Cato;70514 wrote:
dear, thats done for the liberty of those the terrorists would behead! You might say it gives them the liberty to keep their heads!!

to understand how stupid what you're saying is no single argument would suffice. you would really have to examine history as a hole and understand that tyranny always comes from the government, not "terrorists".

Cato;70514 wrote:
it depends on who runs the government: libertarians Nazis, Republicans etc etc! That wasn't so hard was it?

Not really. I mean maybe if there was a single example of libertarians running government in actual real world maybe i would agree with you. But as far as real world governments go they all eventually end up enemies of liberty.

Cato;70514 wrote:
actually there are many including Ron Paul

Ron Paul is ideologically a libertarian but is registered a republican. He is also forced by the system to deny some of his true views. Ron Paul in truth knows that 9-11 is an inside job for example but he always denies this. So on the INSIDE RP is a Libertarian, yes, but on the outside he is 50/50.

Cato;70514 wrote:
if so then 100% of Republicans would not have voted against an increase in the debt ceiling as proposed by Democrats, for example!!

is this a joke ? can't you see that this is a circus ? 98% of Iraqis voted for Saddam Hussein in election - what does that prove ? USE YOUR HEAD.

Cato;70514 wrote:
I with you about government being evil as a general principle but you have to be part of the government and compromise with them to shrink the government!

that's a complex question - i won't go there. all i am saying is that republican party isn't doing JACK **** and never has done **** to shrink the government. cutting taxes and shrinking government is not the same. the only republican really worried about shrinking government is Ron Paul and you know that he is a Libertarian ...

Cato;70514 wrote:
Republicans are libertarians who compromise as democracy requires.

almost ! Republicans are filthy scumbags who PRETEND to have Libertarian values. they use libertarian ideas only to shop for votes but they all go out the window as soon as they're elected.

Cato;70514 wrote:
Pure libertarians don't compromise and so have no power to reduce government! PLease print this out and read it over and over again!. Thanks!

At least they don't actively grow the government like Republicans do.
Cato cv

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 05:01 pm
@NEUROSPORT,
Originally stated by Cato
dear, thats done for the liberty of those the terrorists would behead! You might say it gives them the liberty to keep their heads!!

Neuro: to understand how stupid what you're saying is no single argument would suffice. you would really have to examine history as a hole and understand that tyranny always comes from the government, not "terrorists".

Cato: as a practical matter I'm especially fond of my head so am more concerned with terrorits righ now?

Quote:
it depends on who runs the government: libertarians Nazis, Republicans etc etc! That wasn't so hard was it?

Nuro: Not really. I mean maybe if there was a single example of libertarians running government in actual real world maybe i would agree with you. But as far as real world governments go they all eventually end up enemies of liberty.

Cato: not as long as Jeffersonian Republicans run them or have power in them!

Quote:
actually there are many including Ron Paul

Cato: Ron Paul is ideologically a libertarian but is registered a republican. He is also forced by the system to deny some of his true views. Ron Paul in truth knows that 9-11 is an inside job for example but he always denies this. So on the INSIDE RP is a Libertarian, yes, but on the outside he is 50/50.

Cato: same with Republicans!! If they did not have to compromise they would be as far to the right as people wanted them!

Quote:
if so then 100% of Republicans would not have voted against an increase in the debt ceiling as proposed by Democrats, for example!!

is this a joke ? can't you see that this is a circus ? 98% of Iraqis voted for Saddam Hussein in election - what does that prove ? USE YOUR HEAD.

Cato: so an election in Saddam's Iraq is the same as an election in America?? Stupid!!

Quote:
I with you about government being evil as a general principle but you have to be part of the government and compromise with them to shrink the government!

Nuro: that's a complex question - i won't go there. all i am saying is that republican party isn't doing JACK **** and never has done **** to shrink the government.

Cato: except introduce the Balanced Budget Amendment and get 34 states to sign it?? isn't it fun to think?

Nuro: cutting taxes and shrinking government is not the same.

CATO: you mean cutting taxes makes the government grow. Who knew??

Nuro: the only republican really worried about shrinking government is Ron Paul and you know that he is a Libertarian ...

CATO: Vince Buchanan just reintroduced the BBA!! Where have you been??

Quote:
Republicans are libertarians who compromise as democracy requires.

Nuro: almost ! Republicans are filthy scumbags who PRETEND to have Libertarian values.

CATO: the BBA is very real I'm afraid!!

Nuro: they use libertarian ideas only to shop for votes but they all go out the window as soon as they're elected.

Cato; The BBA did not go out the window. Do you like pretending to yourself?

Quote:
Pure libertarians don't compromise and so have no power to reduce government! PLease print this out and read it over and over again!. Thanks!

Nuro: At least they don't actively grow the government like Republicans do.

CATO: the BBA would not grow government it would stop it dead and shrink it!!
NEUROSPORT

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 02:44 am
@Cato cv,
for ****'s sake learn to parse quotes properly - it's not rocket science.

Cato;70595 wrote:
as a practical matter I'm especially fond of my head so am more concerned with terrorits righ now?

as a practical matter you have no clue and your head isn't of much value as there is nothing but lies, fears and misconceptions in it.

the actual number of people killed by islamic terrorists in USA in our entire history dating back to Columbus is several times less than the number of people who die in car accidents IN A SINGLE DAY.

the only major terrorist even attributable to islamic terrorists was 9-11 and that was the work of CIA and Mossad.

keep swallowing the **** that mass media is feeding you. you deserve it.

Cato;70595 wrote:

not as long as Jeffersonian Republicans run them or have power in them!

well they don't.

Cato;70595 wrote:

Cato: same with Republicans!! If they did not have to compromise they would be as far to the right as people wanted them!

wake the **** up already. **** republicans. what if republican party disappeared completely today and only democrats were left - what would change ? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. same if it were democrats that disappeared.

COMPROMISE MY ASS.

STOP EATING **** THAT IS BEING FED TO YOU.

you don't ******* fight for something by fighting against it. Orwell wrote:

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

he was TALKING ABOUT YOU THERE BUDDY. you better read up on that and understand it.

recent polls showed the tea party ahead of both republican and democrat party. yet sarah palin instructed the tea partiers to "pick a party" by joining the two "official" parties to keep the BULLSHIT TWO PARTY PARADIGM alive.

republicans don't "compromise" because they need to. they don't need to. if they didn't compromise and went with tea party agenda they would have done BETTER.

instead you are just ******* BLIND and cannot see the obvious.

Cato;70595 wrote:
so an election in Saddam's Iraq is the same as an election in America??

Bingo ! You said it. Now try to understand it. Power is power and stupidity is stupidity. Those things don't change with geographical location - only idiots believe that. Americans are not made out of special meat - sorry to burst your bubble parrot / patriot boy.

Cato;70595 wrote:
except introduce the Balanced Budget Amendment and get 34 states to sign it?? isn't it fun to think?

and Obama promised to end the war, never to use signing statements, end the Patriot act etc. etc. etc.

WHEN I SEE IT I BELIEVE IT ! ! !

when we have an actual ******* balanced budget - call me. and don't give me **** about the need to compromise. YOUR PARTY IS **** AND NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR EXCUSES.

Cato;70595 wrote:

you mean cutting taxes makes the government grow. Who knew??

obviously not you, since you understand absolutely nothing about economics. cutting taxes accomplishes only one thing - greater deficits. YOUR COCKSUCKING REPUBLICANS INCREASED SPENDING WHILE LOWERING TAXES AND CRYING ABOUT BALANCING THE BUDGET ALL AT THE SAME TIME. now it helps that you have apparently never passed grade school math because if you did you would have a serious problem explaining republican strategy.

what ? what do i hear you say ? oh it was a WAR EMERGENCY oh ! oh you mean emergency that Bush HIMSELF STARTED based on HIS OWN LIES ? oh i am sorry ! ! ! IT MUST BE ******* HARD BEING A REPUBLICAN AIN'T IT ?

Cato;70595 wrote:
the BBA is very real I'm afraid!!

and you should be afraid - after all you're a republican. republicans are afraid of everything. chicken hawks. afraid that palestinian children will swim across the ocean and beat your ass with their 5 year old fists.

don't count your chickens before they are hatched. when i see it i believe it.

Cato;70595 wrote:
The BBA did not go out the window. Do you like pretending to yourself?

WHEN I SEE A MOTHERFUCKING BALANCED BUDGET I WILL BELIEVE IT !

Cato;70595 wrote:
the BBA would not grow government it would stop in dead and shrink it!!

oh no ! you just sounded so powerful ! i think i just pissed my panties !

i am so scared of your THREAT of balancing the budget HAHAHAHHAHA ! ! !

WHEN IT IS BALANCED I WILL BELIEVE IT !

now how many ******* times do u want me to repeat it ?
Cato cv

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 05:37 pm
@NEUROSPORT,
Cato:
ve Federalists or Democrats who believe the bigger government is the better. If Jefferson had realized the Constitution, as written, would not prevent Democrats I'm sure he would have insisted on changes.

Nuro: the failure of the constitution was in not mandating death penalty for anybody who tries to pass an unconstitutional law.

Cato: tries?? you only really know years later if it gets to Surpeme Court. If they rule unconstitutional then, do you then execute??????? Absurd!!!

Nuro: the problem with constitution is not that it doesn't spell out what can and cannot be done - it does. the problem is it doesn't spell out how it is to be enforced.

Cato: no idea why you say that??? do you have to asked to explain??

Nuro: the constitution states that any powers not specifically granted to federal government are reserved to the states. so 90% of of everything that the federal government does is unconstitutional - problem is there is nobody to stop them !

Cato: Supreme Court!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for one!!!!!

Nuro: also i believe the constitution should have never allowed for amendments beyond the bill of rights. in fact it should have mandated death penalty for anybody trying to amend it. the 11th amendment should have been the one banning all further amendments.

Cato: of course you do not explain why you feel that way?
0 Replies

Cato cv

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 06:04 pm
@NEUROSPORT,
NEUROSPORT;70620 wrote:
for ***'s sake learn to parse quotes properly - it's not rocket science.

as a practical matter I'm especially fond of my head so am more concerned with terrorists right now?

Nuro: as a practical matter you have no clue and your head isn't of much value as there is nothing but lies, fears and misconceptions in it.

the actual number of people killed by Islamic terrorists in USA in our entire history dating back to Columbus is several times less than the number of people who die in car accidents IN A SINGLE DAY.

Cato: there was that matter of 3000 on 9/11 dear. 3000 x 365 =1095000. Sorry. I guess this is not your day?

Nuro: the only major terrorist even attributable to Islamic terrorists was 9-11 and that was the work of CIA and Mossad.

CATO: oh great a full out nut case

Nuro: keep swallowing the **** that mass media is feeding you. you deserve it.

Cato: idiot!!

Quote:
not as long as Jeffersonian Republicans run them or have power in them!

Nuro:well they don't

Cato : only because the enemy liberal prevents it!! Know thy enemy!.

Quote:

Nuro: wake the *** up already. *** republicans. what if republican party disappeared completely today and only democrats were left - what would change ? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. same if it were democrats that disappeared.

Cato: actually dear if Republicans disappeared single payer would pass in an instant

Nuro: COMPROMISE MY ASS.

STOP EATING **** THAT IS BEING FED TO YOU.

you don't ***ing fight for something by fighting against it. Orwell wrote:

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

he was TALKING ABOUT YOU THERE BUDDY. you better read up on that and understand it.
Cato: vague gibberish!

Nuro: recent polls showed the tea party ahead of both republican and democrat party. yet Sarah palin instructed the tea partiers to "pick a party" by joining the two "official" parties to keep the BULL**** TWO PARTY PARADIGM alive.

Cato: and??

NUro: republicans don't "compromise" because they need to. they don't need to. if they didn't compromise and went with tea party agenda they would have done BETTER.

CATO: bad English

NUto: instead you are just ***ING BLIND and cannot see the obvious.

Cato: so what is the most obvious thing?? Why be afraid to say??

Quote:
so an election in Saddam's Iraq is the same as an election in America??

NUro: Bingo ! You said it. Now try to understand it. Power is power and stupidity is stupidity. Those things don't change with geographical location - only idiots believe that. Americans are not made out of special meat - sorry to burst your bubble parrot / patriot boy.

Cato: exactly what bubble did you burst without facts or logical arguments??

Quote:
except introduce the Balanced Budget Amendment and get 34 states to sign it?? isn't it fun to think?

NUro: and Obama promised to end the war, never to use signing statements, end the Patriot act etc. etc. etc

CAto: and??? do you wish to make a point??.

NUro: WHEN I SEE IT I BELIEVE IT ! ! !
when we have an actual ***ing balanced budget - call me. and don't give me **** about the need to compromise. YOUR PARTY IS **** AND NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR EXCUSES.

Cato: what excuses exactly??

Quote:
you mean cutting taxes makes the government grow. Who knew??

Nuro: obviously not you, since you understand absolutely nothing about economics. cutting taxes accomplishes only one thing - greater deficits.

Cato: unless of course you have a BBA and cutting tax rates brings in more money!!

Nuro: YOUR COCKSUCKING REPUBLICANS INCREASED SPENDING WHILE LOWERING TAXES AND CRYING ABOUT BALANCING THE BUDGET ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

Cato: yes Republicans and country need to be further to the right!!

Nuro: now it helps that you have apparently never passed grade school math because if you did you would have a serious problem explaining republican strategy.

Cato: of course it varies greatly ing depending on how the nations feels and who they have elected, and whether the most charismatic Republicans are far right or center right. The Party is not a fixed entity. The only thing consistent about it is being to the right of Democrats to one degree or another!! Maybe too subtle for you??

Nuro: what ? what do I hear you say ? oh it was a WAR EMERGENCY oh ! oh you mean emergency that Bush HIMSELF STARTED based on HIS OWN LIES ? oh I am sorry ! ! ! IT MUST BE ***ING HARD BEING A REPUBLICAN AIN'T IT ?

Cato: Iraq was 1000 times more likely to attack us than Afghanistan!

Quote:
the BBA is very real I'm afraid!!

Nuro: and you should be afraid - after all you're a republican. republicans are afraid of everything. chicken hawks. afraid that Palestinian children will swim across the ocean and beat your ass with their 5 year old fists.

don't count your chickens before they are hatched. when I see it I believe it.
Cato: insane gibberish!!!!

Quote:
The BBA did not go out the window. Do you like pretending to yourself?

Nuro: WHEN I SEE A MOTHER***ING BALANCED BUDGET I WILL BELIEVE IT !

Cato: you will see it, but only when the people want it

Quote:
the BBA would not grow government it would stop in dead and shrink it!!

Nuro: oh no ! you just sounded so powerful ! I think I just pissed my panties !

I am so scared of your THREAT of balancing the budget HAHAHAHHAHA ! ! !

Cato: anti intellectual gibberish!!

Nuo: WHEN IT IS BALANCED I WILL BELIEVE IT !

now how many ***ing times do u want me to repeat it ?

Cato: i don't recall wanting you to ever repeat it? You seem stoned stupid and immature!!
NEUROSPORT

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 10:10 pm
@Cato cv,
Cato;70624 wrote:
Nuro: the only major terrorist even attributable to Islamic terrorists was 9-11 and that was the work of CIA and Mossad.

CATO: oh great a full out nut case

[SIZE="5"]calling me a nutcase[/SIZE] is your most thought out argument for how WTC7 collapsed without sustaining virtually any damage on 9-11 ?

very well.

[SIZE="4"]on the ignore list you go[/SIZE]

good bye.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 12:18 am
@Cato cv,
Cato;70438 wrote:
The central issue since the Magna Carta has been freedom or liberty from government. In America, from Jefferson forward, the Republicans have been for freedom while others: currently Democrats, have opposed.

Republicans like freedom because they know it makes each individual responsible and productive, while Democrats or liberals are opposed because they imagine powerful central government can do magical things to help people!

Your understanding of politics is cartoon-ish at best.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 12:24 am
@NEUROSPORT,
NEUROSPORT;70542 wrote:

also i believe the constitution should have never allowed for amendments beyond the bill of rights. in fact it should have mandated death penalty for anybody trying to amend it. the 11th amendment should have been the one banning all further amendments.

The founding fathers believed in a living document something that could adapt to any given situation and that if they forgot anything it could be added. If the constitution was not able to be amended women still wouldn't have equal rights.
Cato cv

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 05:27 pm
@NEUROSPORT,
Neuro:

Weki: On September 11, 2001, 7 WTC was damaged by debris when the nearby North Tower of the WTC collapsed. The debris also ignited fires, which continued to burn throughout the afternoon on lower floors of the building. The building's internal fire suppression system lacked water pressure to fight the fires, and the building collapsed completely at 5:21:10 p.m.[1] The collapse began when a critical column on the 13th floor buckled and triggered structural failure throughout, causing at first the crumble of the east mechanical penthouse at 5:20:33 p.m.
0 Replies