Should gov't turn to slaves to save money?

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2009 09:54 am
We asked you: To save money, should local governments use nonviolent inmates for physical labor?

That was the question in the other day's opinion section of my my local newspaper.

YES: 92.6%

NO: 7.4%

So my qestion is this, should gov't turn to slaves to save money?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 679 • Replies: 4
No top replies

synthy

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2009 06:27 pm
@David cv,
Depending on country it is already done.
Hard labour,chaingangs,prison farms
Voluntary work while incarcerated gets minimal pay etc
The option as voluntary will at least not require quotas and enforcement through violent means(beatings) or witholding of priveledges like food,bedding(yes bedding)or outdoor sunlight and isolation.(legislativ brutality encouragement)
The question is what kind of work is beneficial in a crime and punishment related way.
Some experiements are already implemented in disaster relief bushfires/floods,comunity work as replacement for incarceration.(Anti social behaviour treatment)
It really depends on the moral standards of the Nation in question.
Forced labour in Europe compared to Africa or America is implemented differently

Have'nt goverments/corporations turned their populus trough a monetary reward/tax system into working slaves anyway?
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 12:01 am
@David cv,
David;68406 wrote:
We asked you: To save money, should local governments use nonviolent inmates for physical labor?

That was the question in the other day's opinion section of my my local newspaper.

And why would we waste such a precious opportunity to employ people during an economic downturn?

My guess is that the majority of people who took that poll don't understand how economics works.
0 Replies

Whip

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2009 02:11 pm
@David cv,
David;68406 wrote:

Dammmm, dat bees racist! We don gots all des brudders locked up an now you cracker muthafuckas wan make slave of de black mans again! set duh black mans free (and dey hos also)! yo crakers don ooohs reprations and sheet! but now you all honkey mothafuckas wanna make us de slave agin! black man is politcal pridner by the yt. let de black man (and his hos) go!
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2009 11:15 am
@Whip,
yeeeeah....

you make a convincing argumnet whip. I'm convinced :rollinglaugh:
0 Replies