Carico

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 11:24 am
@Ares cv,
Ares;66994 wrote:
Technically the only people who question whether or not Christ was telling the truth are not well read. The REAL question is whether Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were telling the truth about Jesus telling the truth.

:rollinglaugh: Once again, it's the exact opposite. Why would Jews make up a story about a Messiah that the Jews would reject?:eek: :rollinglaugh: You don't even understand Christ's words. If you did, you'd know why he wasn't a fallible human being. Wink So it's you who's not well read. Wink
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 11:45 am
@Carico,
Carico;66997 wrote:
:rollinglaugh: Once again, it's the exact opposite. Why would Jews make up a story about a Messiah that the Jews would reject?

But THOSE jews didn't reject him. But it's not even a matter of lying, the NT was written a decade well after jesus supposedly died. Perhaps they believed the things they wrote, perhaps not. But the fact remains there is no reason to believe it in the first place. There is no corroborating evidence.
0 Replies

kynaston

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 09:24 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66960 wrote:
Again, do you think Jesus is telling the truth? Or not? Or do you want to plead the fifth? Wink

He was telling HIS truth, as far as we can make out, just as most of us tell ours. You don't do that. You do seem to me extremely naive. Have you stopped beating your wife? Tell the TRUTH!
Ares cv

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 12:10 am
@Carico,
Carico;66997 wrote:
:rollinglaugh: Once again, it's the exact opposite. Why would Jews make up a story about a Messiah that the Jews would reject?:eek: :rollinglaugh: You don't even understand Christ's words. If you did, you'd know why he wasn't a fallible human being. Wink So it's you who's not well read. Wink

Dude... The Jews were the MOST rejective of the whole damn idea. It was the Roman pagans that accepted it the most because it was so in line with their own beliefs, a god impregnated a woman, Christ being gods son, the whole Lucifer thing. Read the Age of Reason by Thomas Paine, a very brilliant work.
0 Replies

Carico

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 11:09 am
@kynaston,
kynaston;67023 wrote:
He was telling HIS truth, as far as we can make out, just as most of us tell ours. You don't do that. You do seem to me extremely naive. Have you stopped beating your wife? Tell the TRUTH!

HIS truth? Laughing So if he thinks that today is January 24, 2001, is he telling the truth? :eek: Or are atheists so confused, they have no clue what's true and what's false? what's real and what's imaginary? :eek: It appears to be the latter. Wink
kynaston

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 10:31 pm
@Carico,
Carico;67201 wrote:
HIS truth? Laughing So if he thinks that today is January 24, 2001, is he telling the truth? :eek: Or are atheists so confused, they have no clue what's true and what's false? what's real and what's imaginary? :eek: It appears to be the latter. Wink

What on earth are you whoofling about now? That is devoid of sense.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 06:03 am
@Carico,
Carico;67201 wrote:

I think you are taking this too literally, fundamentalists seem to have a habit of doing that.
0 Replies

Seer Travis Truman

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 11:07 pm
@Ares cv,
Quote : "He was telling HIS truth, as far as we can make out, just as most of us tell ours. You don't do that. You do seem to me extremely naive. Have you stopped beating your wife? Tell the TRUTH!"

Carico literally cannot tell you, or himself, the Truth. He fears, hates and rejects the Truth.

Jesus was simply a mentally-ill and highly deranged Truth-hating inferior. The reason why Jesus heard "god" talking to him is almost certainly because he was hearing voices.

Jesus' beliefs were just simply lies and delusions. That does not mean Jesus was a "liar", using the societally-defined version of the word. Jesus should have been ignored.
If Jesus was alive today, and I ran society, I would have him placed in a mental hospital.
David cv

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 11:58 pm
@Seer Travis Truman,
Seer Travis Truman;67823 wrote:
Quote : "He was telling HIS truth, as far as we can make out, just as most of us tell ours. You don't do that. You do seem to me extremely naive. Have you stopped beating your wife? Tell the TRUTH!"

Carico literally cannot tell you, or himself, the Truth. He fears, hates and rejects the Truth.

Jesus was simply a mentally-ill and highly deranged Truth-hating inferior. The reason why Jesus heard "god" talking to him is almost certainly because he was hearing voices.

Jesus' beliefs were just simply lies and delusions. That does not mean Jesus was a "liar", using the societally-defined version of the word. Jesus should have been ignored.
If Jesus was alive today, and I ran society, I would have him placed in a mental hospital.

It should also be noted that Jesus likely didn't say any of that and words were put in his mouth by the creators of the Bible. Jesus was a philosopher, revolutionary, political advocate and demanded logic and truth from the rabbis and High Presets, I doubt a man such as himself 'talked to God'. If he did, then yes, he'd end up in a padded room in todays world. :rollinglaugh:
0 Replies

xexon

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 02:18 am
@Seer Travis Truman,
Seer Travis Truman;67823 wrote:

You are judging someone because of the religion that followed in his wake, not the man himself.

It's Christians that have made such a mess of things not Jesus .

x
0 Replies

kynaston

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 02:46 am
@Ares cv,
Time goes by. At one time, anyone who believed the world was other than flat seemed mad; once anyone who said all life had a shared ancestry would have seemed extremely odd; now anyone who believes the earth IS flat seems mad, and anyone who attacks Darwin is either nutty or American, probably both. Jesus offered genuine advances in the terms of his own time, and, as with anything out of the past, we have to 'translate' them into our own terms to make them useful. The trouble with the fundamentalists is they go on mouthing, literally and figuratively, an old-fashioned language that no longer makes sense.
Seer Travis Truman

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 08:12 am
@kynaston,
Jesus heard voices of god because he was mentally ill. I did not say he "spoke back".

"Jesus offered genuine advances in the terms of his own time"
No, the only thing that Jesus advanced was mental illness, derangement and the bible. The bible has caused so much trouble and further mental dysfunction that this in itself is ridiculous to be called an advancement.
kynaston

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 10:57 pm
@Seer Travis Truman,
Seer Travis Truman;67853 wrote:
Jesus heard voices of god because he was mentally ill. I did not say he "spoke back".

"Jesus offered genuine advances in the terms of his own time"
No, the only thing that Jesus advanced was mental illness, derangement and the bible. The bible has caused so much trouble and further mental dysfunction that this in itself is ridiculous to be called an advancement.

Well, it is a matter of opinion, but if you read the New Testament without prejudice I think you'll find that he certainly doesn't sound mad. The Roman world and the world of the Jews were both mad, the one based on conquest and slavery, the second on appeasing an imagined fifth-century-BC tyrant-in-the-sky. Jesus offered an altenative that defeated both, and though (naturally) the gangsters took it over, they found it difficult to deny the message that it was the simple ordinary people who had the right to the world and everything in it. That keeps coming back like a song, you know, for all the bosses' lies.
Seer Travis Truman

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 11:16 pm
@kynaston,
kynaston;67877 wrote:
Well, it is a matter of opinion, but if you read the New Testament without prejudice I think you'll find that he certainly doesn't sound mad.

Who exactly is "he"? Jesus? Jesus, as I already stated, was a pathetic and deranged mental case. There is no way that Jesus wrote the modern bible, because he died. He died becuase of his own mental problems and his stubborn ways. Virtually everything Jesus said was illogical, contradictory and demented. If that does not make someone "mad", then nothing does. Becuse Jesus is dead, any claim by the modern bibles to change what Jesus said is false. Not that it would really matter to anything.

That said, most human are deranged, so it is of no surprise to Me that Jesus
words are not seen for what they actually are.

When it comes to the bible itself, there is no opinion. All versions of the bible are based on total myths and lies. All of its claims and philosophies are literally the toxic product of mental derangement. There is no sane, rational reason to believe the bible was even anything to do with a god creature.

PS Where is Carico anyway?
kynaston

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 11:44 pm
@Seer Travis Truman,
Seer Travis Truman;67880 wrote:
Who exactly is "he"? Jesus? Jesus, as I already stated, was a pathetic and deranged mental case. There is no way that Jesus wrote the modern bible, because he died. He died becuase of his own mental problems and his stubborn ways. Virtually everything Jesus said was illogical, contradictory and demented. If that does not make someone "mad", then nothing does. Becuse Jesus is dead, any claim by the modern bibles to change what Jesus said is false. Not that it would really matter to anything.

When it comes to the bible itself, there is no opinion. All versions of the bible are based on total myths and lies. All of its claims and philosophies are literally the toxic product of mental derangement. There is no sane, rational reason to believe the bible was even anything to do with a god creature.

Jesus in the NT is just as convincing as Socrates is in Plato, so someone who could invent him AND Paul would have to be a very smart and talented writer indeed. What contemporary writer do you suggest?

Yes, I agree, most humans are certainly not well balanced. I think, however, that you are accepting propaganda when you talk of 'the Bible. What you've got there is a number of texts, composed in very different circumstances, which are better read - like other books - individually.
Seer Travis Truman

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 11:58 pm
@kynaston,
"Jesus in the NT is just as convincing as Socrates is in Plato, so someone who could invent him AND Paul would have to be a very smart and talented writer indeed. What contemporary writer do you suggest?"
I don't care if you find any of these mentally ill inferiors to be convincing. I did not state that any writer wrote the modern versions of the bible. I said Jesus could not have contributed to the newer versions of the bible because he is dead.

Yes, I agree, most humans are certainly not well balanced.
99.99999% of humans are literally insane mentally deranged lunatics.

I think, however, that you are accepting propaganda when you talk of 'the Bible.
Wrong. The Superior, aka Me, NEVER accepts propaganda from any source. All versions of the bible are nothing more than malevolent myths, lies and contradictionary accounts of ridiculous stories, unprovable, and all of the bible's claims are mentally deranged and in total conflict with nature, reason, sanity and Forbidden Truth.

No wonder it is so popular with you creatures.

What you've got there is a number of texts, composed in very different circumstances, which are better read - like other books - individually.
Wrong. They are better not read at all, as they are tme-wasting mind destroying garbage. Even horse manure is far more valuable than any version of the bible. They are all lie-based non-sense.
kynaston

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 04:45 am
@Seer Travis Truman,
Seer Travis Truman;67929 wrote:
"Jesus in the NT is just as convincing as Socrates is in Plato, so someone who could invent him AND Paul would have to be a very smart and talented writer indeed. What contemporary writer do you suggest?"
I don't care if you find any of these mentally ill inferiors to be convincing. I did not state that any writer wrote the modern versions of the bible. I said Jesus could not have contributed to the newer versions of the bible because he is dead.

Yes, I agree, most humans are certainly not well balanced.
99.99999% of humans are literally insane mentally deranged lunatics.

I think, however, that you are accepting propaganda when you talk of 'the Bible.
Wrong. The Superior, aka Me, NEVER accepts propaganda from any source. All versions of the bible are nothing more than malevolent myths, lies and contradictionary accounts of ridiculous stories, unprovable, and all of the bible's claims are mentally deranged and in total conflict with nature, reason, sanity and Forbidden Truth.

No wonder it is so popular with you creatures.

What you've got there is a number of texts, composed in very different circumstances, which are better read - like other books - individually.
Wrong. They are better not read at all, as they are tme-wasting mind destroying garbage. Even horse manure is far more valuable than any version of the bible. They are all lie-based non-sense.

Why do you bother to post on here, since you know everything and don't read what other people say? You are perhaps God? I don't believe in you, I'm afraid. Disappear!
Numpty

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 05:49 am
@Seer Travis Truman,
Seer Travis Truman;67880 wrote:

He left, got tired of getting his ass handed to him.
Numpty

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 05:59 am
@kynaston,
kynaston;67940 wrote:
Why do you bother to post on here, since you know everything and don't read what other people say? You are perhaps God? I don't believe in you, I'm afraid. Disappear!

:thumbup:
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 07:53 am
@kynaston,
kynaston;67940 wrote:

:thumbup:
0 Replies