Carico

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 06:55 am
@Ares cv,
Ares;66785 wrote:
REPLY TO ME DAMMIT! Lol. (Not meant to be offensive I'm just bored)

No, you just want attention. But since you ignore anything I say, then there's no point in replying to you. :rolleyes:
Ares cv

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 06:57 am
@Carico,
Carico;66789 wrote:
No, you just want attention. But since you ignore anything I say, then there's no point in replying to you. :rolleyes:

Lol what have I ignored??? If anything you've ignored things I've said...
Carico

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 07:01 am
@Ares cv,
Ares;66790 wrote:
Lol what have I ignored??? If anything you've ignored things I've said...

You dismiss anything I say. So the question is, why ask me anything?:dunno:
Ares cv

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 07:04 am
@Carico,
Carico;66792 wrote:
You dismiss anything I say. So the question is, why ask me anything?:dunno:

I don't dismiss it, I critique it and I debate it, its called: DEBATING. If you don't like it why in the heck are you on a Debate Forum???
Carico

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 07:13 am
@Ares cv,
Ares;66794 wrote:
I don't dismiss it, I critique it and I debate it, its called: DEBATING. If you don't like it why in the heck are you on a Debate Forum???

So if I said that the world was round you'd debate it because this is a debating forum. Is that correct? :rollinglaugh: Sorry friend, but truth-seekers don't automatically oppose anything Christians say. Only rebels do. Wink
Ares cv

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 07:22 am
@Carico,
Carico;66795 wrote:
So if I said that the world was round you'd debate it because this is a debating forum. Is that correct? :rollinglaugh: Sorry friend, but truth-seekers don't automatically oppose anything Christians say. Only rebels do. Wink

\Depends on whether or not I disagree with it. I don't automatically oppose everything you say its just that everything you say is extremely opposable. Lol. And I am quite rebellious. Well if you don't have the ability to debate any of this any further then very well.
Carico

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 08:08 am
@Ares cv,
Ares;66798 wrote:
\Depends on whether or not I disagree with it. I don't automatically oppose everything you say its just that everything you say is extremely opposable. Lol. And I am quite rebellious. Well if you don't have the ability to debate any of this any further then very well.

So then the fact that this is a debating forum should be irrelevant if your goal is to speak the truth, not debate. Wink
Ares cv

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 08:54 am
@Carico,
Carico;66804 wrote:
So then the fact that this is a debating forum should be irrelevant if your goal is to speak the truth, not debate. Wink

Remind me again where I said that?
Numpty

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 09:06 am
@Ares cv,
Ares;66810 wrote:

You didn't. Our Good man here is not reading or listening.
Ares cv

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 09:16 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;66812 wrote:
You didn't. Our Good man here is not reading or listening.

As he would put it he is exercising his wild imagination
0 Replies

Carico

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 11:44 am
@Ares cv,
Ares;66810 wrote:

Quote:

This was in response to my claim that you dismiss my posts. Your response said that you're here to debate people's posts. Otherwise you wouldn't have even included the statement that we're on a debating forum. Wink
Ares cv

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 02:51 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66828 wrote:
This was in response to my claim that you dismiss my posts. Your response said that you're here to debate people's posts. Otherwise you wouldn't have even included the statement that we're on a debating forum. Wink

Yes but I did not say what you made it look like I said, you just pulled what is called a strawman. Taking something I say and totally screwing it up.
Carico

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 03:17 pm
@Ares cv,
Ares;66837 wrote:
Yes but I did not say what you made it look like I said, you just pulled what is called a strawman. Taking something I say and totally screwing it up.

So why did you ask me why I came to a debating forum if not to debate? :confused:
0 Replies

kynaston

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 10:28 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66780 wrote:
Sorry but no one comes to a forum and takes pride in calling Jesus a liar or the figment of imaginations of men if he doesn't hate God. That's no different than going to a forum to spend hours calling someone a liar. That comes from hate. Sorry. Wink

Where did I call Jesus a liar, please? QUOTE! You are a liar because you have called me a racist on no evidence and have failed totally to produce any. That is the act of a liar, surely?
Carico

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 01:40 am
@kynaston,
kynaston;66858 wrote:
Where did I call Jesus a liar, please? QUOTE! You are a liar because you have called me a racist on no evidence and have failed totally to produce any. That is the act of a liar, surely?

So you think that Jesus was telling the truth. is that correct? :what: If so, why do you debate his words?:eek:
kynaston

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 03:17 am
@Carico,
Carico;66879 wrote:
So you think that Jesus was telling the truth. is that correct? :what: If so, why do you debate his words?:eek:

Jesus belonged to his time, like Socrates, Lenin or your Great-Uncle Fred, and he thought in the terms of his time: 'truth' is not relevant to historical world-views, as you'd know if you had the least understanding of history. People who believed in angels, say, were not liars: it was something people took for granted. What's more, whatever Jesus may have said, the reports we have are heavily influenced by the notion in the early Church that, like Augustus, very important people could somehow become/were something called 'gods' - whatever they may have meant by that odd term. For myself, I doubt very much whether Jesus ever said more than that he was, like other people, a 'son of God'. It meant something to him, whatever he said, and he was not, of course, lying. Like you he did not live in the modern age, but in his case he couldn't. YOU, on the other hand, can.
Carico

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 05:25 am
@kynaston,
kynaston;66887 wrote:
Jesus belonged to his time, like Socrates, Lenin or your Great-Uncle Fred, and he thought in the terms of his time: 'truth' is not relevant to historical world-views, as you'd know if you had the least understanding of history. People who believed in angels, say, were not liars: it was something people took for granted. What's more, whatever Jesus may have said, the reports we have are heavily influenced by the notion in the early Church that, like Augustus, very important people could somehow become/were something called 'gods' - whatever they may have meant by that odd term. For myself, I doubt very much whether Jesus ever said more than that he was, like other people, a 'son of God'. It meant something to him, whatever he said, and he was not, of course, lying. Like you he did not live in the modern age, but in his case he couldn't. YOU, on the other hand, can.

Ah, no, he did not think in terms of his time which was precisely why he was killed. He was considered a revolutionary since his words totally turned upside down what people had previously thought. He called himself a king but not a king by worldly standards which totally confuses those who don't know him. He talked about the Holy Spirit which he says; "The world will reject him because it neither sees him nor knows him."

Concepts like "Love your enemies" was not only revolutionary then it's revolutionary now which is why Jesus still isn't accepted by the world.
kynaston

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 06:42 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66909 wrote:
Ah, no, he did not think in terms of his time which was precisely why he was killed. He was considered a revolutionary since his words totally turned upside down what people had previously thought. He called himself a king but not a king by worldly standards which totally confuses those who don't know him. He talked about the Holy Spirit which he says; "The world will reject him because it neither sees him nor knows him."

Concepts like "Love your enemies" was not only revolutionary then it's revolutionary now which is why Jesus still isn't accepted by the world.

What new point are you making? You contended I called Jesus a liar. I didn't. You want to get control of your verbal outpourings, man, or one day, here in the real world, you will end in court. I advise against that: it is costly.
Carico

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 04:04 am
@kynaston,
kynaston;66927 wrote:
What new point are you making? You contended I called Jesus a liar. I didn't. You want to get control of your verbal outpourings, man, or one day, here in the real world, you will end in court. I advise against that: it is costly.

Again, do you think Jesus is telling the truth? Or not? Or do you want to plead the fifth? Wink
Ares cv

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 11:07 am
@Carico,
Carico;66960 wrote:
Again, do you think Jesus is telling the truth? Or not? Or do you want to plead the fifth? Wink

Technically the only people who question whether or not Christ was telling the truth are not well read. The REAL question is whether Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were telling the truth about Jesus telling the truth.