Ares cv

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 01:19 pm
Lol this is crap and its ticking me off having to jump from post to post so I'm challenging you, on this post, to justify your accusations.

Accusations You've Made:

1. Humans are not animals

Tell me, how are we not humans? Also, don't pull the talking animals crap, you're just taking something that isn't all that absurd yet sounds a bit absurd and trying to manipulate it to win an argument and that is bullcrap. Offer fact that we are not animals. To do so try answering some of the following questions

a. If humans are not animals then what are they?
b. Assuming that we are not animals then what is the difference between humans and animals?
c. Why can't we be animals?

All 'animal' is, is a word that describes what we are... I don't know how to put it exactly... See your problem, is that you objectify everything... Animal is just and idea it is our understanding of things.

2. Atheists = Evolutionists

You have, in your '"History" according to atheists' post, applied the label evolutionists to all atheists... There is no basis for this assumption, not all atheists are evolutionists, they are two different things. Some evolutionists are atheists but not all atheists are evolutionists.

a. Define atheists, and evolutionists.
b. How are the two connected?
c. Argue how atheists are evolutionists

3. Atheists Debating Tactics

This one is a very stupid post you made... You offer all these thoughts, but nothing to back them up... You're just slurring things without building a foundation first... See this is how you must do it 1st you present an idea, 2nd you offer sources or evidence or something supporting the idea and THEN you offer your ideas on that idea... Not everyone does that on here but its a basic format which you have fallen very far from

a. Offer a quote, source or some sort of evidence to back up the claim
b. Try proving some of it wrong instead of just stating that it is false try forming a productive thought and building upon it

Well the above are my questions for you, I am not forcing you to answer them just challenging you to. (Admin if this is an 'illegal' action or something, my bad, but I don't think it is...)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,460 • Replies: 106
No top replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 02:24 pm
@Ares cv,
We both know the only evidence carico will offer consists of mocking the opposition.
0 Replies

Carico

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 02:52 pm
@Ares cv,
Ares;66612 wrote:
Lol this is crap and its ticking me off having to jump from post to post so I'm challenging you, on this post, to justify your accusations.

Accusations You've Made:

1. Humans are not animals

Tell me, how are we not humans? Also, don't pull the talking animals crap, you're just taking something that isn't all that absurd yet sounds a bit absurd and trying to manipulate it to win an argument and that is bullcrap. Offer fact that we are not animals. To do so try answering some of the following questions

a. If humans are not animals then what are they?
b. Assuming that we are not animals then what is the difference between humans and animals?
c. Why can't we be animals?

All 'animal' is, is a word that describes what we are... I don't know how to put it exactly... See your problem, is that you objectify everything... Animal is just and idea it is our understanding of things.

2. Atheists = Evolutionists

You have, in your '"History" according to atheists' post, applied the label evolutionists to all atheists... There is no basis for this assumption, not all atheists are evolutionists, they are two different things. Some evolutionists are atheists but not all atheists are evolutionists.

a. Define atheists, and evolutionists.
b. How are the two connected?
c. Argue how atheists are evolutionists

3. Atheists Debating Tactics

This one is a very stupid post you made... You offer all these thoughts, but nothing to back them up... You're just slurring things without building a foundation first... See this is how you must do it 1st you present an idea, 2nd you offer sources or evidence or something supporting the idea and THEN you offer your ideas on that idea... Not everyone does that on here but its a basic format which you have fallen very far from

a. Offer a quote, source or some sort of evidence to back up the claim
b. Try proving some of it wrong instead of just stating that it is false try forming a productive thought and building upon it

Well the above are my questions for you, I am not forcing you to answer them just challenging you to. (Admin if this is an 'illegal' action or something, my bad, but I don't think it is...)

1) scientists can differentiate between humans and animal DNA very easily. So we are separate from animals. Wink

2) Even children can recognize the difference between humans and animals on sight. Wink But since you cannot, then unlike any animal, humans have the capacity to understand concepts higher than bodily gratification. That makes us separate from ALL animals.Wink

But if that's not enough for you then I'll give you the dictionary's definition of an animal;

"A living organism that feeds on organic matter, usu. with specialized sense organs and a nervous system, and able to respond rapidly to stimuli. Such an organism other than a human being."

Here's the dictionary's definition of a human: "Of or characteristic of people as opposed to God, or animals or machines." But since atheists claim that what can be proven true is false, then of course, nothing logical can be proven to an atheist.

3) If what I said about atheists wasn't true, then please tell us;

Who the first speaking humans were and what language they spoke, then provide documentation for your claims.

Who the first Jew was, where the term "Semite" came from, what he did and where he lived. Judging by the posts on this forum, the "history" that atheists have come up with is as varied as each individual imagination. So let's hear your version of Jewish history. Wink

One can't prove to atheists that they are wrong because they lie incessantly by claiming they don't lie.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 03:16 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66621 wrote:
1) scientists can differentiate between humans and animal DNA very easily. So we are separate from animals. Wink

So?

Scientists can distinguish a dog from a cat. What does that mean? They are different species.

Quote:
2) Even children can recognize the difference between humans and animals on sight. Wink

They are TOLD what animals are and what humans are. The categoric classification is one that is taught to them. The ability to distinguish one's own species from other species is instinctive.

Quote:

humans have the capacity to understand concepts higher than bodily gratification. That makes us separate from ALL animals.Wink

So do most animals. We have an elephant that can paint. Prairie dogs have a complex communication system comprising hundreds of different barks and squeaks each with it's own meaning. Most mammals nurture their young. Chimpanzees have very strong social bonds and hierarchies.

You know as much about zoology as you do about anthropology.

Quote:
But if that's not enough for you then I'll give you the dictionary's definition of an animal;

"A living organism that feeds on organic matter, usu. with specialized sense organs and a nervous system, and able to respond rapidly to stimuli. Such an organism other than a human being."

I got a very different definition:

Animal

n.

any member of the kingdom Animalia, comprising multicellular organisms that have a well-defined shape and usually limited growth, can move voluntarily, actively acquire food and digest it internally, and have sensory and nervous systems that allow them to respond rapidly to stimuli: some classification schemes also include protozoa and certain other single-celled eukaryotes that have motility and animallike nutritional modes.

Quote:

Who the first speaking humans were and what language they spoke, then provide documentation for your claims.

Who the first Jew was, where the term "Semite" came from, what he did and where he lived. Judging by the posts on this forum, the "history" that atheists have come up with is as varied as each individual imagination. So let's hear your version of Jewish history. Wink

One can't prove to atheists that they are wrong because they lie incessantly by claiming they don't lie.

None of the above has any relevance to what atheist's believe because atheist only share one thing in common. Disbelief in god.
Carico

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 11:20 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Quote:
So? Scientists can distinguish a dog from a cat. What does that mean? They are different species.

Neither a dog or cat is humans. So as usual, you didn't address my comment. :rolleyes:

Quote:
They are TOLD what animals are and what humans are. The categoric classification is one that is taught to them. The ability to distinguish one's own species from other species is instinctive.

Precisely my point; blind faith is something written in a science book regardless of how much it contradicts reality.

Quote:
So do most animals. We have an elephant that can paint. Prairie dogs have a complex communication system comprising hundreds of different barks and squeaks each with it's own meaning. Most mammals nurture their young. Chimpanzees have very strong social bonds and hierarchies.

:rollinglaugh: I look forward to the first dissertation by a giraffe. :rollinglaugh: I'm sure only scientists are expecting it any day. Laughing

Quote:
You know as much about zoology as you do about anthropology.

And you've shown that you don't know anything about the birds and the bees. :rolleyes:

Quote:
I got a very different definition:

Animal

n.

any member of the kingdom Animalia, comprising multicellular organisms that have a well-defined shape and usually limited growth, can move voluntarily, actively acquire food and digest it internally, and have sensory and nervous systems that allow them to respond rapidly to stimuli: some classification schemes also include protozoa and certain other single-celled eukaryotes that have motility and animallike nutritional modes.

I'll stick with the dictionary's definition since it agrees with reality and your definition does not. Wink

Quote:
None of the above has any relevance to what atheist's believe because atheist only share one thing in common. Disbelief in god
.[/QUOTE]

So if you don't believe in evolution, then why do you defend a story you don't believe? :eek: But one thing you do prove; you believe that contradictions are the truth. :rollinglaugh:
Ares cv

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 04:01 am
@Carico,
Carico;66621 wrote:

False... All animals have different DNA its not like all their DNA is similar and then ours is some alien thing... So scientists equally can't differentiate the DNA of an Ass and a Horse even though they are related! DNA is what makes the animal THE ANIMAL. If you want to further argue that subject you will have to present a source on it, something to back it up instead of just imaginative bull crap.

2) Even children can recognize the difference between humans and animals on sight. Wink But since you cannot, then unlike any animal, humans have the capacity to understand concepts higher than bodily gratification. That makes us separate from ALL animals.Wink

If you spoke to a dog (hypothetically here) do you think that the dog would think he was stupid and man was smart? Or would the dog just think that he was the best thing since sliced bread, different, better NOT an animal... Its what I once dubbed speciel pride. Also you offer no evidence for this assumption, merely what you imagine. Offer a quote, new story ANYTHING that talks about a kid seeing the difference between humans and animals. Hell give me a source about humans being different from animals, give me SOMETHING besides your wild imagination.

See that was good.
[/color]

Here's the dictionary's definition of a human: "Of or characteristic of people as opposed to God, or animals or machines." But since atheists claim that what can be proven true is false, then of course, nothing logical can be proven to an atheist.

Now this is your imagination... Dictionary.com says NOTHING about a god.

You are assuming that we know EVERYTHING about history. We don't know for a fact who the first speaking humans were or what language they spoke. 1. That would be amazing 2. I don't know how to put this part... You're looking at things like they are solid... Languages aren't objects they are concepts. Languages aren't just made and named, historians usually name languages.

How the hell did we get on the subject of Jews? We also can't know who the first Jew was, thats a bull crap question. Who was the first Ethiopian? It is very hard to determine such a thing, so for this I offer no debate because there is none, it is also not a very powerful question.

However, Semite from the Biblical "Shem", Hebrew: שם, translated as "name", Arabic: ساميّ. Semite Wiki History is a very varied subject buddy... Barely anything is fact in history for there is nothing that we can know for sure. We don't even ABSOLUTELY know if ANY of its true, as a Theist would say, you must have faith. You're the one trusting your historical concept with a bunch of thousand + year old dead guys. Not even human history but the history of the universe aswell.

I have offered no lies in this reply. I have posted onyl things I can back up with sources, if there were no sources then I did not offer an answer but I offered a reason. You are being intolerant and stubborn and one should not debate that way.

You skipped a very important question that I want to build upon... You have proven that, according to the American English Dictionary, Humans are not Animals. I would like to ask you why? Why are we not considered animals? What are we if we are not animal?

Also defend your accusation that if one is an Atheist one must also be an evolutionist.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 04:23 am
@Carico,
Carico;66640 wrote:
Neither a dog or cat is humans. So as usual, you didn't address my comment. :rolleyes:

That's exactly my point. Neither cat nor dog are human, and yet we can easily distinguish them, as you said. being able to distinguish between two species' DNA does not make one human.

Your argument is completely non-sequitar

Quote:
Precisely my point; blind faith is something written in a science book regardless of how much it contradicts reality.

Except I gave you an example of something that is not in a science book, it's something taught verbally by parents.

Quote:
:rollinglaugh: I look forward to the first dissertation by a giraffe. :rollinglaugh: I'm sure only scientists are expecting it any day. Laughing

Does one have to be capable of giving a dissertation to understand concepts higher than bodily gratification?

You said other animals are incapable of understanding concepts higher than bodily gratification. I gave you several examples of this being wrong. So man up, and accept that you were wrong.

Quote:
And you've shown that you don't know anything about the birds and the bees.

I suppose I don't know anything about the stork either. Such quips are relegated to children's stories.

Quote:

I'll stick with the dictionary's definition since it agrees with reality and your definition does not. Wink

I gave the dictionary definition.

Got it from dictionary.com, in fact.

Quote:
So if you don't believe in evolution, then why do you defend a story you don't believe? :eek: But one thing you do prove; you believe that contradictions are the truth. :rollinglaugh:

I never said I didn't believe in evolution, I said it is irrelevant to what atheists believe. Not all atheists believe in evolution. Most evolutionists are christian and most creationists are Muslim.
Carico

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 06:59 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Sorry, but dogs and cats are both animals. But unlike any animals, humans have the capacity to understand values higher than bodily gratification. So we are not in the same category as animals as even the dictionary says. So read my thread on "Calling Humans Animals" to see what that lie has done to the human race. :rolleyes:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 08:18 am
@Carico,
Carico;66704 wrote:
Sorry, but dogs and cats are both animals. But unlike any animals, humans have the capacity to understand values higher than bodily gratification. So we are not in the same category as animals as even the dictionary says. So read my thread on "Calling Humans Animals" to see what that lie has done to the human race. :rolleyes:

I didn't realize animals have an intelligence cap.

Or....

Our high comprehensive capabilities, just make us smart animals.
Carico

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 08:30 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66725 wrote:
I didn't realize animals have an intelligence cap.

Or....

Our high comprehensive capabilities, just make us smart animals.

I know you didn't. Wink That's why you mix animals with humans. Wink But again, instead of living in your imagination, all you have to do is look out the window to see that humans are ruling the world, not animals. Animals live in zoos, or in the wild, and are tamed by men. There's a reason for that. If you don't know now, then of course you won't understand if I try to explain it to you. ;)So I'll let you spend your whole lifetime trying to figure it out. Laughing
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 08:50 am
@Carico,
Carico;66726 wrote:
I know you didn't. Wink That's why you mix animals with humans. Wink But again, instead of living in your imagination, all you have to do is look out the window to see that humans are ruling the world, not animals. Animals live in zoos, or in the wild, and are tamed by men. There's a reason for that. If you don't know now, then of course you won't understand if I try to explain it to you. ;)So I'll let you spend your whole lifetime trying to figure it out. Laughing

I used to believe that at one time. I used to believe humans and animals were way different, that is until I started to learn about animals. We are not so different after all. Animals feel emotion, they are self-aware, they can be creative, they have familial bonds, they play, and they learn. A lot of things I thought were unique to humans turned out to be not so unique after all. But you cannot appreciate that. You feel the need to be superior, because it makes you feel special. So you cannot appreciate how wonderful animals are.

We aren't better than the other animals, we're just different. The difference between me and you is I allow my understanding to grow and mature and you are just stuck in the same archaic myths and probably always will. It requires a deeper more sophisticated understanding.
mimidamnit

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 10:00 am
@Ares cv,
Consciencebound to Leave the Faith - Testimonies of Ex-Christians

CARICO... i urge you to read this link for me.. and ask that you reserve judgement.. thank you in advance...

as much as i was trying to avoid sharing my own personal story.. it dawned on me to ask aks.com.. what happens when a christian decides to leave the faith?.. and a personal testimony came up.. it is soooo similar to my own "emotions" at the time.. what i was feeling.. how intimate i felt with god.. and then also reasons for doubting it. i am shocked at the similarities..
0 Replies

Ares cv

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 12:27 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66729 wrote:
I used to believe that at one time. I used to believe humans and animals were way different, that is until I started to learn about animals. We are not so different after all. Animals feel emotion, they are self-aware, they can be creative, they have familial bonds, they play, and they learn. A lot of things I thought were unique to humans turned out to be not so unique after all. But you cannot appreciate that. You feel the need to be superior, because it makes you feel special. So you cannot appreciate how wonderful animals are.

We aren't better than the other animals, we're just different. The difference between me and you is I allow my understanding to grow and mature and you are just stuck in the same archaic myths and probably always will. It requires a deeper more sophisticated understanding.

Very well put! I wish he'd hurry up reply to my post already lol.
0 Replies

kynaston

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 10:04 pm
@Ares cv,
I know quite a number of Christians, and Carico is very evidently no such thing. At very best he is a Pharisee, but the Pharisees, at their best, tried to tell the truth, whereas he is merely a scandal-monger and a ranter, a person who puts (certain carefully-selected bits of) the Letter before the Spirit at all times, and has no humility whatever. By his own alleged beliefs, unless he repents, he is in DEEP trouble. Ah, well - it is he who must live with his conscience, but it is a bit tedious to have him spreading out like mould over every thread.
Carico

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 11:31 pm
@kynaston,
kynaston;66746 wrote:
I know quite a number of Christians, and Carico is very evidently no such thing. At very best he is a Pharisee, but the Pharisees, at their best, tried to tell the truth, whereas he is merely a scandal-monger and a ranter, a person who puts (certain carefully-selected bits of) the Letter before the Spirit at all times, and has no humility whatever. By his own alleged beliefs, unless he repents, he is in DEEP trouble. Ah, well - it is he who must live with his conscience, but it is a bit tedious to have him spreading out like mould over every thread.

:rollinglaugh: Sorry but Pharisees wouldn't accept me in their club. I'm way too rough around the edges for them. Pharisees usually wouldn't witness to atheists because they wouldn't be caught dead even talking to one. Wink

Actually, atheists treat me like they treat Jesus. They hate both of us. So my posting is more closely related to Jesus than to the Pharisees. Wink
Ares cv

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 01:33 am
@Carico,
Carico;66749 wrote:
:rollinglaugh: Sorry but Pharisees wouldn't accept me in their club. I'm way too rough around the edges for them. Pharisees usually wouldn't witness to atheists because they wouldn't be caught dead even talking to one. Wink

Actually, atheists treat me like they treat Jesus. They hate both of us. So my posting is more closely related to Jesus than to the Pharisees. Wink

Lol Carico... You assume FAR too much. I actually have no problem with Jesus, and actually admire much of his morals and what have you. My problem isn't with the fact of Jesus, but the Myth of Jesus.
0 Replies

kynaston

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 02:00 am
@Carico,
Carico;66749 wrote:

Nobody hates Jesus that I know of. Jesus they know, and Paul (or whoever it was) they know, but who are YOU? Because a total cynic decides to pretend to believe what is manifestly untrue, that doesn't make him a Christian but a liar.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 02:41 am
@Carico,
Carico;66749 wrote:

Comparing yourself to Jesus?

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:
0 Replies

Carico

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 06:22 am
@kynaston,
kynaston;66762 wrote:
Nobody hates Jesus that I know of. Jesus they know, and Paul (or whoever it was) they know, but who are YOU? Because a total cynic decides to pretend to believe what is manifestly untrue, that doesn't make him a Christian but a liar.

Sorry but no one comes to a forum and takes pride in calling Jesus a liar or the figment of imaginations of men if he doesn't hate God. That's no different than going to a forum to spend hours calling someone a liar. That comes from hate. Sorry. Wink
Ares cv

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 06:50 am
@Carico,
Carico;66780 wrote:
Sorry but no one comes to a forum and takes pride in calling Jesus a liar or the figment of imaginations of men if he doesn't hate God. That's no different than going to a forum to spend hours calling someone a liar. That comes from hate. Sorry. Wink

REPLY TO ME DAMMIT! Lol. (Not meant to be offensive I'm just bored)