The just and the unjust ways to address modern racial inequality: affirmative action?

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2009 07:49 pm
So I graduated third in my graduating class of 800, I've logged over 350 hours of community service, scored a 2280 on the SAT, I'm an Eagle Scout (and Senior Patrol Leader of a troop of over 100), and did a ton of extracurricular activities to boot.

Rejected from Stanford and a couple other good schools that practice some form of affirmative action. (I'm white.)

Yet one of my close friends, an African-American, with a somewhat underwhelming record (under 85th percentile gradewise, no outside activities to put on a resume aside from band) got into all three. What the heck is this? Do we, as a culture, really need to have equality of outcome for all races, rather than simply equality of opportunity? Should universities (and employers and other organizations) really be so pressured to appear politically correct that they slip into reverse discrimination?

I may be inferring too much from too little information, but I don't that's likely, given the fact that admission rates are quite low.

Racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. are all very serious problems in America (see the Presidential election..), but how is affirmative action or anything like it ethical or just? Both racism and affirmative action (intentional or not) influence someone's judgment on the basis of prejudice, that minorities should be given extreme abnormal disdain or privilege. Instead of fighting prejudice with prejudice, wouldn't it be better to address the root causes of the problem? That is, address harmful internet sites, inadequate education leading people to mis-infer that correlation implies causation, certain environments and subcultures that encourage children growing up to become racist (certain small Southern towns), and of course ensuring equality of opportunity for as many people as possible.

But enforcing diversity for diversity's sake behind force of law, institutional ruling, or simply underlying prejudice is wrong, for the same reason that enforcing a single "pure race" behind the KKK or a Hitler is wrong; diversity or non-diversity are not underlying principles that should be appealed to. Rather, justice, and individual merits, skills, accomplishments, and talents are what should be taken into consideration.

Otherwise, if we as a culture continue to judge people based just on what group they can be classified into, we will just become ever more divided, which will further unjust prejudice, to the detriment of the nation.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,031 • Replies: 17
No top replies

CNHander

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2009 08:07 pm
@CNHander,
Crap, I forgot to mention this: other important components of an application are recommendations and the "creative essays." Some of it might be explained by my not doing that well on those. It's hard to make something "creative" when there isn't really a concrete topic or known concrete expectations... at least, that's how it is for me. That's why I like forums or regular assignments much better. But my personal experience doesn't matter; my point is that affirmative action is not right.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 06:22 am
@CNHander,
As Whites become the minority population in the future Banana Republic of America, Affirmative Action might become a good thing. Until then, it should be ended, with extreme prejudice.:headbang:
0 Replies

Carico

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 07:26 am
@CNHander,
CNHander;65921 wrote:
So I graduated third in my graduating class of 800, I've logged over 350 hours of community service, scored a 2280 on the SAT, I'm an Eagle Scout (and Senior Patrol Leader of a troop of over 100), and did a ton of extracurricular activities to boot.

Rejected from Stanford and a couple other good schools that practice some form of affirmative action. (I'm white.)

Yet one of my close friends, an African-American, with a somewhat underwhelming record (under 85th percentile gradewise, no outside activities to put on a resume aside from band) got into all three. What the heck is this? Do we, as a culture, really need to have equality of outcome for all races, rather than simply equality of opportunity? Should universities (and employers and other organizations) really be so pressured to appear politically correct that they slip into reverse discrimination?

I may be inferring too much from too little information, but I don't that's likely, given the fact that admission rates are quite low.

Racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. are all very serious problems in America (see the Presidential election..), but how is affirmative action or anything like it ethical or just? Both racism and affirmative action (intentional or not) influence someone's judgment on the basis of prejudice, that minorities should be given extreme abnormal disdain or privilege. Instead of fighting prejudice with prejudice, wouldn't it be better to address the root causes of the problem? That is, address harmful internet sites, inadequate education leading people to mis-infer that correlation implies causation, certain environments and subcultures that encourage children growing up to become racist (certain small Southern towns), and of course ensuring equality of opportunity for as many people as possible.

But enforcing diversity for diversity's sake behind force of law, institutional ruling, or simply underlying prejudice is wrong, for the same reason that enforcing a single "pure race" behind the KKK or a Hitler is wrong; diversity or non-diversity are not underlying principles that should be appealed to. Rather, justice, and individual merits, skills, accomplishments, and talents are what should be taken into consideration.

Otherwise, if we as a culture continue to judge people based just on what group they can be classified into, we will just become ever more divided, which will further unjust prejudice, to the detriment of the nation.

The only way to prevent racism is to become color blind. That means assessing one's behavior based on his [B]actions [/B]rather than the color of his skin. But unfortunately, many people in the "minorities" don't want their behavior to be based on their actions if it serves their own purposes. So they want people to focus on the color of their skin to get what they want. So I'm afraid racism will continue as long as people use it to serve their own purposes.
Numpty

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 07:59 am
@Carico,
Carico;66561 wrote:
The only way to prevent racism is to become color blind. That means assessing one's behavior based on his [B]actions [/B]rather than the color of his skin. But unfortunately, many people in the "minorities" don't want their behavior to be based on their actions if it serves their own purposes. So they want people to focus on the color of their skin to get what they want. So I'm afraid racism will continue as long as people use it to serve their own purposes.

Whilst you continue to refer to people as 'minorities' you add fuel to the fire, can you not see this?
mimidamnit

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 08:56 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;66563 wrote:
Whilst you continue to refer to people as 'minorities' you add fuel to the fire, can you not see this?

im afraid he misses a lot of things:no:
0 Replies

Carico

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;66563 wrote:

I only refer to them as minorities because they refer to themselves as minorities. So as I said, if "minorities" would stop focusing on themselves by the color of their skin, then it will do a lot to stop others from doing so as well.:rolleyes:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 02:38 pm
@Carico,
While I do think we should encourage equality, affirmative action is the wrong way to go about it.

By creating race based policies we are validating the very same racism that we wish to end.

If you fight fire with fire, everybody gets burned.
Whip

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 08:17 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
I have been to many forums/message boards on the www and find it telling that all of the boards are racially segregated for the most part with an occasional black or other on an White message board. Black, Asian, Mestizo, Jew....all these boards are segregated. They are self-segregated. Why is this? There is no other answer except people of all races prefer to be among their own kind. Doubt this? Then how many of you are members of a non-White message board or forum? Now, finish reading this before any of you liberals here run off to join La Raza or the New Black Panthers forums. Contrary to the White guilt you have been forced to feel, it is natural, (and normal), to want to associate with those most like yourself. Don't cry. I know it's hard to accept, but it is the truth.

You see, we are not "all the same except skin tone". If we were the liberals would have never created Affirmative Action, (not to be confused with Africans Actions). Liberals know that black and Mestizos cannot compete against Whites on an academic level or even a level that requires good work or moral ethics. So they try to mold them in the image of themselves, (Marxist commies) by giving them special and preferential treatment. Give them your jobs, give them your seat in college, give them....give them....and give them some more. They teach them that Whitey owes it to them, and Whitey, (or a very small percentage of Whiteys, which they don't tell them) once own African slaves. This makes Whitey evil and forever indebted to them. At your expense. At your childrens expense. At the expense of your ancestors who worked so hard to give you a shot at a good college.

There is much behind the reasons for the existence for Affirmative Action and it is very racist. But only against Whites. Asians, blacks, Mestizos don't feel its effect because they are all considered minorities. Jews don't feel its effect because Jews control the country as well as the schools and Affirmative Action and are considered minorities.

Now, whose fault is this, this Affirmative Action crap? Can't blame it on Asians as they are an intelligent race of people fully capable of fending for themselves and are the least likely of all minorities to use A.A. (Affirmative Action - not the organization for retired drunks). Blacks, on average, are too damn stupid to comprehend anything besides what they have been taught by their masters of this era in history. The Mestizos? No. They just have their little brown hands out demanding more because Whitey owes them too for "stealing" Texas and a few other chunks of land. The Jews? Somewhat for implementing it.

Well, if not all these people, then who is?

Whitey. It is Whiteys own fault that he allowed the Jew to put into place something so anti-White, so hate filled towards Whites without nothing more than a whimper out of Whitey. Whitey took a gut shot and laid down and took another. Whitey has taken so many gut shots you would think he would be dead by now. Well, Whitey is close to death. His entire countrie(s) have been taken away from him and for the most part he hasn't even noticed all in the name of diversity. His pride is gone and the only guilts he feels are for some other Whiteys having once owned slaves and so it is his fault the poor little black man needs A.A. Well the black man has A.A. and a host of other set asides, all funded by Whitey. And all has in return is guilt over acts he had no control over. The blood arteries of Whiteys existence are spewing blood and the minority races are dancing joyously in its fountain. Shame on Whitey. He has murdered his own children.
CNHander

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 08:46 am
@Whip,
Whip;67063 wrote:

Whitey. It is Whiteys own fault that he allowed the Jew to put into place something so anti-White, so hate filled towards Whites without nothing more than a whimper out of Whitey. Whitey took a gut shot and laid down and took another. Whitey has taken so many gut shots you would think he would be dead by now. Well, Whitey is close to death. His entire countrie(s) have been taken away from him and for the most part he hasn't even noticed all in the name of diversity. His pride is gone and the only guilts he feels are for some other Whiteys having once owned slaves and so it is his fault the poor little black man needs A.A. Well the black man has A.A. and a host of other set asides, all funded by Whitey. And all has in return is guilt over acts he had no control over. The blood arteries of Whiteys existence are spewing blood and the minority races are dancing joyously in its fountain. Shame on Whitey. He has murdered his own children.

Gah.

I thought I was on Conflicting Views, not Infowars.... Sad

It's not THAT bad, dude.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 09:03 am
@Whip,
Whip;67063 wrote:
I have been to many forums/message boards on the www and find it telling that all of the boards are racially segregated for the most part with an occasional black or other on an White message board. Black, Asian, Mestizo, Jew....all these boards are segregated. They are self-segregated. Why is this? There is no other answer except people of all races prefer to be among their own kind. Doubt this? Then how many of you are members of a non-White message board or forum? Now, finish reading this before any of you liberals here run off to join La Raza or the New Black Panthers forums. Contrary to the White guilt you have been forced to feel, it is natural, (and normal), to want to associate with those most like yourself. Don't cry. I know it's hard to accept, but it is the truth.

Is conflictingviews a white forum? I don't know the race of the majority of those on here and they don't know my race.

So to insist the people on this forum are here together because they are more comfortable with their own race when they don't know the race of others on here is absurd.

Quote:
You see, we are not "all the same except skin tone". If we were the liberals would have never created Affirmative Action, (not to be confused with Africans Actions). Liberals know that black and Mestizos cannot compete against Whites on an academic level or even a level that requires good work or moral ethics.

You are right about one thing all races are not the same except skin tone, no, rather black people have a 200 year history of oppression, black people were not even allowed to read at one time in this country. So the white people had a several hundred year head start when it comes to academics, and even when black people where allowed to vote and to go to college our fellow Americans had to overcome severe discrimination. So even if going to college or getting a job was a possibility, discrimination made it an impossibility. What happened to slaves that learned to read? They were killed.

However I find your accusation that black people are moral and ethically inferior to be an insult to my intellect. It is entirely based on your own prejudice and arrogance.

I hope your hateful poison envelops your heart.

Quote:

Now, whose fault is this, this Affirmative Action crap? Can't blame it on Asians as they are an intelligent race of people fully capable of fending for themselves and are the least likely of all minorities to use A.A.

Asians were never slaves here. They were perfectly capable of learning in their home land.

But I don't find it surprising that Japanese children are kicking white american children's asses in standardized test taking.

Quote:
Blacks, on average, are too damn stupid to comprehend anything besides what they have been taught by their masters of this era in history.

And aren't you a shining beacon of intellect. :no:

Quote:
The Mestizos? No. They just have their little brown hands out demanding more because Whitey owes them too for "stealing" Texas and a few other chunks of land. The Jews? Somewhat for implementing it.

Yes, generalizations and stereotypes won't get you far when conversing with those who posses a higher intellect than yourself.

Quote:
Whitey. It is Whiteys own fault that he allowed the Jew to put into place something so anti-White, so hate filled towards Whites without nothing more than a whimper out of Whitey.

Oh, now you're blaming the jews. How classy of you.

Your bigotry has no bounds. It is truly a wonder to see.

Quote:
arteries of Whiteys existence are spewing blood and the minority races are dancing joyously in its fountain. Shame on Whitey. He has murdered his own children.

I will leave you to wallow and brood in your own pool of depravity, ignorance and hate.
0 Replies

Whip

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 12:43 pm
@CNHander,
CNHander;67064 wrote:
Gah.

I thought I was on Conflicting Views, not Infowars.... Sad

It's not THAT bad, dude.

It's not THAT bad, dude? Then why did the OP come here complaining that he could not get into a good college because he is White and yet his black friend, (with lesser qualifications), was admitted? Because it is THAT bad, dude! And it is that bad because of racial set asides that are anti-White and as racist as anything on this planet. When a more qualified individual, (or race of individuals), is discriminated against - on the bases of race - it is wrong. That cannot be accepted, nor should it. And because it was acceptable at one time by one race above another, does not make it acceptable to do a reverse of the original.

Fatal_Freedoms says:
Quote:
Is conflictingviews a white forum? I don't know the race of the majority of those on here and they don't know my race.

So to insist the people on this forum are here together because they are more comfortable with their own race when they don't know the race of others on here is absurd.

Absurd, in this case, is to deny the obvious. If you had a location for poling, and ask everyones race, I guarantee that over 95% of the respondents, (if all current users replied honestly), would be White. 99% + would probably be more accurate. You are what the U.S. government considers White on the census, are you not? If you are lower middle class or above, you live in a neighborhood that is vastly majority White? I guarantee this, you do not live in an inner city ghetto, even if it is closer to your work, do you?

Quote:
You are right about one thing all races are not the same except skin tone, no, rather black people have a 200 year history of oppression, I assume here you are justifying A.A. because blacks were 'oppressed'? The Irish were oppressed, the Asians were oppressed, the Italians were oppressed.They put their backs to the wheel and worked to change it. They succeeded and they no longer scream OPPRESSION. Hell, to my knowledge, they did scream it. black people were not even allowed to read at one time in this country When? there is evidence that many blacks learned to read and some were taught well beyond just reading. There were many black slave owners. I am sure they had some degree of education.. So the white people had a several hundred year head start when it comes to academics,White people had a lead, not because Whites are racist, but because blacks, (who are said by some in academia to have been around for thousands of years before the White man), still had not created a written language, a comprehension of even basic math, able to form a civilization with a government of merit, had not domesticated animals, could not farm and were not even able to conceive of the wheel. It took them thousands of years to scratch themselves out of the stone age. While the White man, (who came after them, according to some), were able to build great civilizations, industry, complex musical instruments, astronomy and a host of other things. and even when black people where allowed to vote and to go to college our fellow Americans had to overcome severe discrimination. So even if going to college or getting a job was a possibility, discrimination made it an impossibility. What happened to slaves that learned to read? They were killed. I actually thought you were an intelligent, yet misguided, individual until I read this. Who would have taught blacks to read? Whites. Why would they teach them to read, then murder them? Ridiculous.

However I find your accusation that black people are moral and ethically inferior to be an insult to my intellect. Says much for your intellect. It is entirely based on your own prejudice and arrogance. Prejudice means to pre-judge. I am 57 years old. I have lived a life time judging only upon what I witness, not what PBS tells me.

I hope your hateful poison envelops your heart. Aint that sweet - you want me to die because I do not agree with you that White people are bad and owe blacks a handout at the expense of my children. Well, coronary hugs to you too my friend.

Quote:

Asians were never slaves here. But they were still second class citizens who were not allowed to vote, date White women or drink from the same water fountain as Whites. YET, they persevered. They put their backs to the grindstone and worked their way up the ladder. They did not complain about racist Whitey. They learned how to live in the White mans country and did it with respect. They created their own communities, (prosperous, I might add), and still live here among us with little complaint against them.They were perfectly capable of learning in their home land. And their children and future generations learned in this land.

But I don't find it surprising that Japanese children are kicking white american children's asses in standardized test taking. They are kicking every bodies "asses" in this country because they put a lot of value on education.Did you notice they are also kicking the black Americans asses also who receive special treatment in the educational system? You would think black Americans would surpass everyone with their special treatment, wouldn't you?

Quote:
Yes, generalizations and stereotypes won't get you far when conversing with those who posses a higher intellect than yourself.

Nice to meet you, my highly intellectual new friend. Perhaps in your next post you will show how I generalized and rather or not stereotypes have/have not a basis in fact.

Quote:
Oh, now you're blaming the jews. How classy of you. Did Jews, or did not Jews play a major role in A.A.? If so, then I am not "blaming", I am pointing out a fact.

Your bigotry has no bounds. Bigotry is basically nothing more than intolerance. I am intolerant of lies and deceptions. You, on the other hand, are bigoted against people who do not agree with your hatred for White people. It is truly a wonder to see.

This is your opportunity to call me a Klansman or a Nazi. Go for it. It will show only that you can, (with your higher intellect), label people but not debate them.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 02:04 pm
@Whip,
Whip;67068 wrote:

Absurd, in this case, is to deny the obvious. If you had a location for poling, and ask everyones race, I guarantee that over 95% of the respondents, (if all current users replied honestly), would be White.

That is not true. I know. Trust me. :thumbup:

Well of course the majority would be white, because whites are the majority.

Quote:
I assume here you are justifying A.A. because blacks were 'oppressed'?

Actually no, if you read the thread you would have seen where I have stated that I am against Affirmative Action.

Quote:
The Irish were oppressed, the Asians were oppressed, the Italians were oppressed.They put their backs to the wheel and worked to change it. They succeeded and they no longer scream OPPRESSION. Hell, to my knowledge, they did scream it

Really? The irish were taken away from their homeland on slave ships, shackled, forced to do tedious labor for hundreds of years and denied education?

There is no comparison.

Quote:
When? there is evidence that many blacks learned to read and some were taught well beyond just reading.

Of course slaves learned, that doesn't mean they were allowed to.

Quote:
There were many black slave owners. I am sure they had some degree of education..

Everybody has some degree of education. How extensive was this education? Was this education self-taught? Was this education sanctioned by society? These are the questions we must ask.

Quote:
White people had a lead, not because Whites are racist, but because blacks, , still had not created a written language, a comprehension of even basic math, able to form a civilization

Do you suggest whites are inherently more intelligent? This is what it seems you are suggesting by such a comment. And this is the reason you are a fool!

Do you really think the geographic location of one's ancestors and one's skin pigmentation has anything to do with their intelligence? Such a notion is not supported by science. We all have the same brains. Your genetic traits are not determined by where your ancestors lived. Studies have shown there is more genetic variation within a single community then there is between different ethnicities.

You will find no racists amongst anthropologists and for a very good reason.

Quote:
could not farm and were not even able to conceive of the wheel.

This is a lie. Farming had existed in Africa for hundreds and thousands of years before the Europeans came to conquer.

Quote:
It took them thousands of years to scratch themselves out of the stone age. While the White man, (who came after them, according to some), were able to build great civilizations, industry, complex musical instruments, astronomy and a host of other things.

This is also a lie. African societies knew about astronomy, and music, and a host of other things.

Your understanding of African civilization is elementary at best.

Quote:
I actually thought you were an intelligent, yet misguided, individual until I read this. Who would have taught blacks to read? Whites. Why would they teach them to read, then murder them? Ridiculous.

This is not difficult to comprehend. The whites that taught slaves to read were not the same whites who would punish and in some cases kill slaves who learned to read. In many cases it was the children of the master that taught the slaves to read.

Quote:

Says much for your intellect.

or your accusation.

Quote:
Prejudice means to pre-judge. I am 57 years old. I have lived a life time judging only upon what I witness, not what PBS tells me.

What you see with your eyes must be filtered through you personal biases, incomprehension, deductions, prejudices, agendas, and ideologies.
Experiences are very subjective and often riddled with errors.

You will never meet enough people in your lifetime to get an accurate understanding of any ethnicity.

Quote:
Aint that sweet - you want me to die because I do not agree with you that White people are bad and owe blacks a handout at the expense of my children. Well, coronary hugs to you too my friend.

Hate is a poison. You supply that poison, not me. It is your own undoing.

However as I have previously stated I do not advocate AA.

Quote:
But they were still second class citizens who were not allowed to vote, date White women or drink from the same water fountain as Whites. YET, they persevered. They put their backs to the grindstone and worked their way up the ladder.

Second class citizens, only some of the time. The Chinese immigrants during times of prosperity were respected, it was not until times became difficult that bigotry was an issue for them.

But regardless, being a second class citizen is preferable to being a slave.

Quote:
They did not complain about racist Whitey.

That you know of....

Quote:
And their children and future generations learned in this land.

A commodity many black people did not have for a long time, and when they did, they were inferior schools inadequate for a bus stop nonetheless a center for learning.

Quote:
They are kicking every bodies "asses" in this country because they put a lot of value on education.

This cultural not ethnic.

Quote:
Did you notice they are also kicking the black Americans asses also who receive special treatment in the educational system? You would think black Americans would surpass everyone with their special treatment, wouldn't you?

Special treatment?

HA!
What special treatment? Have you ever been in an inner city school? There is very little learning occurring.

Quote:
Did Jews, or did not Jews play a major role in A.A.? If so, then I am not "blaming", I am pointing out a fact.

You presume that judaism or the collective consensus of jews had anything to do with affirmative action.

Quote:
Nice to meet you, my highly intellectual new friend. Perhaps in your next post you will show how I generalized and rather or not stereotypes have/have not a basis in fact.

Generalizations are based on outsiders looking in, so all they see are the fringe elements. To say all hispanic (or mestizo as you so call them) people are greedy and demand more is such a generalization, not based on fact but on prejudice. Considering the sheer size of the ethnicities we are talking about here it would be wholly inaccurate to say all of them want the same things. They are geographically, culturally and religiously too diversified for such ignorant stereotypes to have any truth to them.

Quote:
Bigotry is basically nothing more than intolerance. I am intolerant of lies and deceptions. You, on the other hand, are bigoted against people who do not agree with your hatred for White people.

Ha! My hatred for white people? I find this very humorous!

So shall each reap that which they have sown.

Murderer's shall receive death, Liars shall be confused, thieves shall be robbed, and bigots shall be persecuted.

I am bigoted against those who believe themselves superior.

Humility is a rare gem these days.

Quote:
This is your opportunity to call me a Klansman or a Nazi. Go for it. It will show only that you can, (with your higher intellect), label people but not debate them.

What do you think I have have just done? This is debate.

I have compassion on my side, I fear nothing!
Whip

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 03:21 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Originally stated by Whip
Absurd, in this case, is to deny the obvious. If you had a location for poling, and ask everyones race, I guarantee that over 95% of the respondents, (if all current users replied honestly), would be White.

That is not true. I know. Trust me.

Well of course the majority would be white, because whites are the majority.

Son, I said 95% plus. Go to a non-White forum and tell me those numbers do not correlate. We all like to be with out own, and that is a fact.

Quote:
I assume here you are justifying A.A. because blacks were 'oppressed'?
Actually no, if you read the thread you would have seen where I have stated that I am against Affirmative Action.
I did read the entire thread before commenting. Why are you blaming
Whitey for all of the dark mans faults? You might not support A.A. but, by your posts, you do put the blame at Whiteys feet that blacks are illiterate, morally corrupt and hateful against Whitey. All of blackys errors and misbegotten ways are because Whitey had them as slaves, according to you. Slavery ended tons of years ago and the negro is still not advancing. Do not blame that on Whitey. Every other race has been able to assimilate in this country except blacks. Slavery was the best thing to happen to blacks. they were bought from BLACK slave owners who would have eaten them or murdered them had they not been purchased and brought to a country where they were safe and well cared for.

Quote:
The Irish were oppressed, the Asians were oppressed, the Italians were oppressed.They put their backs to the wheel and worked to change it. They succeeded and they no longer scream OPPRESSION. Hell, to my knowledge, they did scream it
Really? The irish were taken away from their homeland on slave ships, shackled, forced to do tedious labor for hundreds of years and denied education?
Many White Irish and Scottish men, and other Europeans, upon entering this country, were forced to fight in the war of Northern aggression, (A.K.A. the civil war). They were forced to fight in a war they had no inkling of why it was or what it was for. Upon entering this country they were told to fight or leave.

There is no comparison. Yes there is. Compare this: White men came into this country and fought and died upon exiting their boats (during the "civil war") of transport because they wanted to be here. Blacks complain continuously, but none of them will leave.

Quote:
When? there is evidence that many blacks learned to read and some were taught well beyond just reading.
Of course slaves learned, that doesn't mean they were allowed to. Who taught them?

To be continued.
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 12:03 am
@CNHander,
Will traditional American minorities continue to claim minority status, when they become the majority in America? I wonder. If they're still poor, and feel disenfranchised, they probably will, even though that would be factually incorrect. AND, wouldn't that constitute anti-White discrimination?
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 09:19 am
@Whip,
Whip;67073 wrote:

Son, I said 95% plus. Go to a non-White forum and tell me those numbers do not correlate. We all like to be with out own, and that is a fact.

You fool. Do you not see what you have just said?

By asking me to go to a "non-white" forum you are asking me to go to a forum that is comprised mostly of minorities, you are essentially asking me to look for a place that supports your assertion without having conducted research in the first place.

Critical thinking is not your strong point.

Quote:
I did read the entire thread before commenting. Why are you blaming
Whitey for all of the dark mans faults?

I am merely explaining why things are as they are.

Quote:
You might not support A.A. but, by your posts, you do put the blame at Whiteys feet that blacks are illiterate,

Not illiterate, less educated. Any man with an appreciation for history can see that the black man has received inferior education if any at all. Even today this is the case.

Poverty begets poverty. You may think slavery is a thing of the past but it's affect is felt even today.

Quote:
morally corrupt

Morally corrupt? No, no no, this is slander and bigotry. No ethnicity is inherently more moral. This is a lie.

Quote:

All of blackys errors and misbegotten ways are because Whitey had them as slaves, according to you.

Their socio-economic status is a result of hundreds of years of discrimination and hate.

Quote:
Slavery ended tons of years ago and the negro is still not advancing.

Discrimination did not end with slavery, nor did it's affect.

Do not believe me? Look at professional athletics. Slaves were bred to be strong.

Quote:
Do not blame that on Whitey. Every other race has been able to assimilate in this country except blacks.

1. Race? There is only one race. The human race. Genetically speaking there is no other races when speaking of humans. Only ethnicities.

2. No other ethnicity was enslaved on such a massive scale for such a long period of time.

Quote:
Slavery was the best thing to happen to blacks.

Such ignorance.

Quote:

they were bought from BLACK slave owners who would have eaten them or murdered them had they not been purchased

The Europeans paid African people to capture other African people.

Quote:
and brought to a country where they were safe and well cared for.

If slavery represents "well cared for", then I'd hate to see what you think "poorly cared for" is. Genocide perhaps?

Quote:
Many White Irish and Scottish men, and other Europeans, upon entering this country, were forced to fight in the war of Northern aggression, (A.K.A. the civil war).

I presume you are from the south?

At any rate this is irrelevant, A draft is not racially or nationally selective nor did it prevent immigrant Europeans from learning.

Quote:
Yes there is. Compare this: White men came into this country and fought and died upon exiting their boats (during the "civil war") of transport because they wanted to be here. Blacks complain continuously, but none of them will leave.

Liberia: Definition from Answers.com

You do not know history very well.

Quote:
Who taught them?

I've already answered this question.

Your bigotry sickens me beyond repair. :no:

I have no tolerance for the intolerant and willfully ignorant.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 10:26 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Bump?
CNHander

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 12:07 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;67251 wrote:
Bump?

Insane racist NWO conspiracy theorists like Whip are only making people like me look bad, so I'm not going to get involved, except to point out one thing:
Whip;67068 wrote:
It's not THAT bad, dude? Then why did the OP come here complaining that he could not get into a good college because he is White and yet his black friend, (with lesser qualifications), was admitted? Because it is THAT bad, dude! And it is that bad because of racial set asides that are anti-White and as racist as anything on this planet. When a more qualified individual, (or race of individuals), is discriminated against - on the bases of race - it is wrong. That cannot be accepted, nor should it. And because it was acceptable at one time by one race above another, does not make it acceptable to do a reverse of the original.

You seem to have forgotten that I AM THE OP, and that I'm the one saying that IT'S NOT AS BAD AS YOU PORTRAY IT AS. Very, very few institutions actually practice AA. Blaming the Jews is not going to get you anywhere either....
0 Replies