A letter to Rush Limbaugh

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 07:14 pm
[SIZE="4"]A letter to Rush Limbaugh[/SIZE]

Quote:
By JOHN FEEHERY

Dear Rush,

Congratulations! You have been selected by the Obama administration, the mainstream media and 20 million of your most passionate followers to be the new head of the Republican Party.

As such, you are given all the rights and responsibilities that come with being a true political leader.

Your mission is simple:Obama had nearly 70 million voters. Fifty million is a pretty big gap to make up, but we are certain that, with your effervescent personality, you will be able to close that in no time.

We would also like to see your plan to help Republicans compete in the Northeast, the Upper Midwest, the West Coast and Florida, in the big cities and in the suburbs. Republicans have been pretty much wiped out in all of those areas in the past two elections.

We got completely demolished by the African-American vote in the last election.Another problem area is independent voters, who went with Obama big time in the last election. Not sure why. Maybe they liked his saying he would govern from the center. Now, we all know that was just rhetoric, but will we really attract independent voters if we decide to move further to the right? Just asking.Or is it your plan to simply
oppose every idea that comes from the Obama administration?
Please get us your plans as soon as possible, because we have a lot of work to do.

Sincerely,

The Republican Party

A letter to Rush Limbaugh - John Feehery - Politico.com

Yup..a fifty million voter deficit will be a challenge Rush. The R's continue to alienate Latino voters and Independents plus a large section of middle class workers who are out of work and have lost their health care!

Cmon Rush...we need that plan soon...Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 890 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 08:25 am
@Citizen Kane,
Rush is a joke, his words are so full of bias and slander it's a surprise anybody takes him seriously. The decent republicans have been in hibernation, and it's about time they take control of the republican party because it's been heading downhill for some time.
Citizen Kane

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 12:16 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;63868 wrote:
Rush is a joke, his words are so full of bias and slander it's a surprise anybody takes him seriously. The decent republicans have been in hibernation, and it's about time they take control of the republican party because it's been heading downhill for some time.

If the R's don't wake up soon by "sticking" to their conservative values by "example"...not rhetoric,the only way they will return to power is by armed revolt..:eek:
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 04:11 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;63868 wrote:

Wait... you mean people take him seriously?
socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 08:53 am
@Citizen Kane,
In my opinion, John McCain lost his courage and his will to fight some time after he left the Hanoi Hilton; not willingly, it was taken from him by the Viet Cong through years of torture. That is why he was so docile and meek around BHO. He was beaten before he began. The rest of the rebubs just followed suit leaving their core principles, along with their testicles, at the door. How long will it take for them to rebound..? Let's see how BHO weathers this next round of corporate largesse nonsense. I've said it before - THROW THEIR COLLECTIVE ASSES TO THE CURB. There is not a single representative politician that has anything on their minds except reelection and building personal wealth at the expense of their constituents.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 09:25 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;63875 wrote:
Wait... you mean people take him seriously?

Unfortunately, yes. I know one such person.

Everytime he tells me something that just sounds like BS i have to ask him where he got his information and without fail he replies "From Rush Limbaugh"
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 08:52 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;63886 wrote:
building personal wealth at the expense of their constituents.

Where have you been for the past decade? That ship has sailed.
0 Replies

g-man

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2009 12:58 pm
@Citizen Kane,
Each one of you dismisses Limbaugh. Not addressing the issues that he covers. Seems that being on a debate site you would look forward to the challenge. But, it seems that attacking his character is the best you can muster. You say the president had 70 million votes and I believe you. What percentage of those votes were based on issues and what percentage were based on "hope", "undefined change" and "color"? Do these factors not matter? And will they be a factor in the president's future?
The president now has total power. Whatever he does in the next two years will be squarely on his and the legislative power's shoulders. He better make it good. Or, as I suspect, figure out ways to blame all of his failures on George Bush.
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2009 11:19 pm
@g-man,
g-man;63917 wrote:
Each one of you dismisses Limbaugh. Not addressing the issues that he covers. Seems that being on a debate site you would look forward to the challenge. But, it seems that attacking his character is the best you can muster. You say the president had 70 million votes and I believe you. What percentage of those votes were based on issues and what percentage were based on "hope", "undefined change" and "color"? Do these factors not matter? And will they be a factor in the president's future?

You do realize that you're talking to a liberal that listens to Rush... right?

Undefined change? Hardly. Saying it's undefined shows that you weren't paying attention... not listening to what the man had to say.

Hope? We all had a small bit of that.

Color? I remember in my history class that some 40 years ago, we were told not to do that. Something about a dream somebody had one night...

DId you vote for McCain because he is white or because Obama is black? Did Steele become the GOP chair because he's black?

I voted on the candidate's stances, how they carried themselves, their knowledge and education, and how straightforward they were. Seventy million people voted alongside me.

Quote:
The president now has total power. Whatever he does in the next two years will be squarely on his and the legislative power's shoulders. He better make it good. Or, as I suspect, figure out ways to blame all of his failures on George Bush.

And the failures of Bush? Are these on his shoulders (he had total power), or are you just going to blame Clinton (as usual)?
0 Replies