The war and the recession

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 08:24 am
My mom used to ba a republican but now she's a democrat. She was a former republican because republican Presidents didn't start wars. That is no longer true. Now the republican Presidents are the ones who start wars. Barack Obama is the only one who can end this war.

What do George Bush and John McCain have in common? They both have violent tempers, they give tax breaks to the rich, they want the war to continue and neither of them can end this recession.

Many people recently lost their jobs because of this recession. Who will lose their job next? It might be you. How will you support your family if you're unemployed? This could happen if McCain wins.

Do you have loved ones who are in the military or who are planning to join the military? If McCain wins, they may die in the war. i don't want that to happen and neither do you.

If we elect Obama, he'll stop this war that we shouldn't be in. He will also end this recession.

I don't want this damn war to drag on until 2012 or 2016. if Mccain wins, the war will last that long.

McCain plans to give the oil companies a several million dollar tax break. Gas prices won't go down when McCain will be lining the oil companies pockets with money. He plans to give tax breaks to many other rich people too.

Barack Obama will stop the war, end this recession and stop gas prices from rising. Obama is the only hope for this country.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,206 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 09:08 am
@randyjohnson,
I hope someday we can return to non-interventionist policy
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 02:04 am
@randyjohnson,
Spoken like a true Obama sycophant. Open your eyes, son. Neither of the candidates has you or any American's interest at heart. Their only goal is power. That is all.
Numpty

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 06:27 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;60974 wrote:
Spoken like a true Obama sycophant. Open your eyes, son. Neither of the candidates has you or any American's interest at heart. Their only goal is power. That is all.

Yup, and lots of it.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 06:43 am
@socalgolfguy,

Power corrupts, and as long as there is power in gaining the office there will be always be corruption.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 09:27 am
@randyjohnson,
Fatal, let's read some great original thoughts from you. I know you are capable. Up your game, Mr. Mod man...c'mon.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 10:51 am
How about this:

"Striving for perfection is like dividing a number by 2 to reach zero, each time you do it you get closer but you will never reach it."
socalgolfguy

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 01:38 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;61035 wrote:
How about this:

"Striving for perfection is like dividing a number by 2 to reach zero, each time you do it you get closer but you will never reach it."

That's good. Did you compose it..?

Perfection, as a goal, appears in many different ways. It can be a perfect 10 in figure skating, a 60 yard pass and run, a 9th inning walk off home run or a perfect test score. Perfection as an abstract is impossible.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 01:51 am
@socalgolfguy,

So who are you voting for socal ? the world wants Obama to win this election,we don't need another warmonger in the white house
socalgolfguy

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 03:55 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;61063 wrote:
So who are you voting for socal ? the world wants Obama to win this election,we don't need another warmonger in the white house

As I have stated many times here, I do not care for politicians of any persuasion. They are all liars that manipulate the weak minded for votes and power. Having said that (again) my next concern is my taxes which are exorbitant due to income bracket. Obama has targeted those like me specifically for tax increases without regard for circumstances. For that reason and that reason alone, I will vote for McCain.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 04:18 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;61061 wrote:
That's good. Did you compose it..?

yes

Quote:
Perfection, as a goal, appears in many different ways. It can be a perfect 10 in figure skating, a 60 yard pass and run, a 9th inning walk off home run or a perfect test score. Perfection as an abstract is impossible.

I've come to realize perfection is only possible in mathematics thus your example of perfection in sports based on math.
socalgolfguy

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 04:52 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;61080 wrote:
yes

I've come to realize perfection is only possible in mathematics thus your example of perfection in sports based on math.

Only the perfect test score relies completely on mathematics. In the case of the skater, it is pure subjective judgement. With the football and baseball examples, it's physical ability and the desire to succeed that determines the outcome, not math.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 04:58 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;61095 wrote:
With the football and baseball examples, it's physical ability and the desire to succeed that determines the outcome, not math.

Doing ______ out of _______ times is all math.
socalgolfguy

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 05:05 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;61098 wrote:
Doing ______ out of _______ times is all math.

Agreed - but that does not determine the outcome. Math serves to record it.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 10:16 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;61099 wrote:
Agreed - but that does not determine the outcome. Math serves to record it.

of course but the way in which we judge if it was perfect is again, all math.
0 Replies