Need some help?!

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 05:10 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;53588 wrote:
Our Constitution has regularly been trampled upon during times of war for public safety and the common good. It's old news. Radicals hate the practice, but it's usually been done to protect Americans, and has had good results. Think of Lincoln and his suspension of Habeas Grabass, for example.:headbang:

Radicals!? I'd hardly consider myself a radical, i'm more of a liberal-leaning moderate. Yes the old "war-time" excuse has been used effectively in the past to deprive citizens of their rights, the japanese internment camps in the US is but one example, rarely are such actions justified.
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 08:10 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;53620 wrote:
wow, you bite even when you don't know what the question is.

Check this out:
"Ah....dope.":240:"Ah....weird sex.":leghumper:"Ah.....government welfare.":thx:"Ah....BOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!":rocketwhore:[SIZE="5"]AMERICAN FIREPOWER[/SIZE]
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 08:14 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;53621 wrote:
Radicals!? I'd hardly consider myself a radical, i'm more of a liberal-leaning moderate. Yes the old "war-time" excuse has been used effectively in the past to deprive citizens of their rights, the japanese internment camps in the US is but one example, rarely are such actions justified.

Yeah....the poor Japanese. I feel so sorry for them. They really, really suffered. :rollinglaugh::dance2::rollinglaugh:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 08:33 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;53642 wrote:
Yeah....the poor Japanese. I feel so sorry for them. They really, really suffered. :rollinglaugh::dance2::rollinglaugh:

Your apathy might end up biting you in the ass someday.
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 08:22 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
You're obviously unfamiliar with how the Japanese treated everyone they temporarily conquered, such as the Koreans, Chinese, Philippinos, Southeast Asians and Allied POWs. Ever heard of the Code of Bushido???? Didn't think so. Yes....it was wrong for us to drop two nuclear bombs on the Japanese. That was an enormous mistake We should have dropped a hundred.:rocketwhore::patriot::beerchug:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 08:32 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;53704 wrote:
You're obviously unfamiliar with how the Japanese treated everyone they temporarily conquered, such as the Koreans, Chinese, Philippinos, Southeast Asians and Allied POWs. Ever heard of the Code of Bushido???? Didn't think so. Yes....it was wrong for us to drop two nuclear bombs on the Japanese. That was an enormous mistake We should have dropped a hundred.:rocketwhore::patriot::beerchug:

Oh really, the American japanese did all of that? :dunno:

I didn't ******* think so....

And yes i know what the bushido code is, don't insult my intelligence!
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 02:50 pm
@justwanthappinessandpeace,
At least the Japanese got monetary compensation, which was unfairly carried out itself, incidentally, the Italians and Germans never did.

But still, mistakes are made, and there were real Japanese spies.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:01 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;53719 wrote:
At least the Japanese got monetary compensation, which was unfairly carried out itself, incidentally, the Italians and Germans never did.

Point being that the deprivement of civil liberties is not justified. Whether or not the US was the worst is of no matter to this argument.
Numpty

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 09:06 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;53719 wrote:

How do think Germany managed to become the economic powerhouse it did after the war, who do you think funded the rebuilding of the nation?

Do you think it is a coincedence that the two conqured nations became two of the strongest economies in the world?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 08:24 pm
Uh, am I missing something? What does that have to do with internment camps?
Numpty

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 11:20 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;53992 wrote:
Uh, am I missing something? What does that have to do with internment camps?

Ahhhhh, my bad, it seems I have miss read the previous posts, my appologies.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 05:22 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;53724 wrote:
Point being that the deprivement of civil liberties is not justified. Whether or not the US was the worst is of no matter to this argument.

Sometimes it has to be done for the greater good. Old theme, old news, old fact of life. Entire libraries have been written on this subject. Get with it. Start by getting out of your log cabin more often. Get some sunshine, for example. When was the last time you went outside?:no:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 09:12 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;54001 wrote:
Sometimes it has to be done for the greater good. Old theme, old news, old fact of life. Entire libraries have been written on this subject. Get with it. Start by getting out of your log cabin more often. Get some sunshine, for example. When was the last time you went outside?:no:

Let me think here.....the last time a government suppressed the rights of its citizens in the name of security, was when the Communists where in control of Russia.

Do you really want to be like the communists Pino? :dunno:
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2008 08:54 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;53704 wrote:

"Yes....it was wrong for us fly planes into two American buildings. That was an enormous mistake We should have flown into a hundred."

That's what THEY say.

Ever stop and listen to yourself? I mean, seriously. You sound like a terrorist... but you're here. Do you dislike the mindset of these people, or only when it's aimed at us?
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2008 09:28 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;54280 wrote:
"Yes....it was wrong for us fly planes into two American buildings. That was an enormous mistake We should have flown into a hundred."

That's what THEY say.

Ever stop and listen to yourself? I mean, seriously. You sound like a terrorist... but you're here. Do you dislike the mindset of these people, or only when it's aimed at us?

I was talking about the Imperial Japanese, leading up to and during WWII. They were frig'n monsters.
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 06:29 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;54288 wrote:
I was talking about the Imperial Japanese, leading up to and during WWII. They were frig'n monsters.

Yes, the Imperial Japanese were a little... extreme. Not arguing that. I do believe that in spite of this fact, many Japanese were against this whole 'attack America' thing. One memorable line said something about a sleeping giant and whoopass by the tanker-load.

A hundred nukes would have been damn near genocide to the Japanese. Oh yes, they deserved every ounce of USA brand ass-kick they got, but isn't your rant just as extreme and monstrous? Nukes are horrible things. If it vaporizes you, you're lucky. Otherwise you get to spend what might be the last few minutes of your life in a poisoned wasteland.
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 07:39 am
War is hell. To the victor goes the spoils.
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 08:06 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;54288 wrote:

No doubting Japan had an especially strange sense of honour than ourselves. Quesion though. Why did the Japanese attack Pearl Harbour? I have watched and read that the US was trying to block the trade routes through that part of the world, thus hindering Japan's economy and growth, which was seen as a direct threat.
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 11:36 pm
When your a spec on the worlds surface you tend to take offence.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 05:00 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;54317 wrote:
No doubting Japan had an especially strange sense of honour than ourselves. Quesion though. Why did the Japanese attack Pearl Harbour? I have watched and read that the US was trying to block the trade routes through that part of the world, thus hindering Japan's economy and growth, which was seen as a direct threat.

By then the Japs had murdered tens of millions of Chinese in cold blood. How dare you? Is that nothing more than a 'different sense of honor from ours'? :beat: