A good source for fact checking.

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 06:02 am
This is a website i stumbled-upon that checks what politicians say, it is fairly neutral.

PolitiFact | Statements we say are Pants on fire!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,125 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 07:54 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Politifact is good. Factcheck.org is also up there with them. Both are nonpartisan and unbiased. As you can see, they will set the record straight on anybody.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 09:24 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Keep saying it over and over and pretty son you believe/have faith in it, LOL.
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 09:26 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60807 wrote:
Keep saying it over and over and pretty son you believe/have faith in it, LOL.

You have all the opportunity in the world to discredit both sources. In fact, I fully support you doing so. If you think you can, try. But if you can't...
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 09:50 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
All i need to discredit it is to call it a blog like you do.
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 09:53 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60816 wrote:
All i need to discredit it is to call it a blog like you do.

I don't call it a blog... again you quote mine like a horrible debater. I said conservative blogs. Now, if you can show me where the sources you use are anything but, I will retract my statement on that source.

You're faltering.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 09:38 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;60818 wrote:
I don't call it a blog... again you quote mine like a horrible debater. I said conservative blogs. Now, if you can show me where the sources you use are anything but, I will retract my statement on that source.

You're faltering.
Quote:
I don't call it a blog...
Of course not, your biased.
Quote:
again you quote mine like a horrible debater.
I quote it as i see it.
Quote:
again you quote mine like a horrible debater. Now, if you can show me where the sources you use are anything but, I will retract my statement on that source.
Big woopy. Your just showing your hypocracy. Conservative= discredible, Liberal= credible.
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 09:54 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60883 wrote:
Of course not, your biased.

Poor marksman... still missing the target. You can't even keep up with your own quote mining. Never did I call your sources simply blogs... I called them conservative or right-wing blogs.

Quote:
I quote it as i see it.

No, you do not.

Quote:
Big woopy. Your just showing your hypocracy. Conservative= discredible, Liberal= credible.

No, you are simply showing yours. YOU are the one that cites biased sources.

I want you to show me where the two sites (politifact and factcheck) are liberal biased. You can't walk the walk, and it's about to be shown real clear.

See, why did you quote NewsMax concerning ACORN, and not... I dunno, the AP themselves (which is, strangely enough, where I heard about it)?
Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 03:13 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Why do you insist that conservative right-wing blogs can't be credited, but liberal left-wing ones can?
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 07:53 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;60929 wrote:
Why do you insist that conservative right-wing blogs can't be credited, but liberal left-wing ones can?

Show me anywhere that I said they could.

This is why I don't post links to Crooks & Liars and the such. They're slanted. Politifact and Factcheck are simply fact checking sites. There is no slant. They take a statement and research it, nothing more. Try checking out the two.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 09:25 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;60894 wrote:
Poor marksman... still missing the target. You can't even keep up with your own quote mining. Never did I call your sources simply blogs... I called them conservative or right-wing blogs.

No, you do not.

No, you are simply showing yours. YOU are the one that cites biased sources.

I want you to show me where the two sites (politifact and factcheck) are liberal biased. You can't walk the walk, and it's about to be shown real clear.

See, why did you quote NewsMax concerning ACORN, and not... I dunno, the AP themselves (which is, strangely enough, where I heard about it)?

Quote:
Poor marksman... still missing the target.
Bulls eye!
Quote:
No, you do not.
In your opinion.
Quote:
I want you to show me where the two sites (politifact and factcheck) are liberal biased
I called them blogs, show me where i directly call them liberal biased?
Quote:
See, why did you quote NewsMax concerning ACORN, and not... I dunno, the AP themselves (which is, strangely enough, where I heard about it).
If i would of posted an AP link or newsmax doesn't change the story. Yet to you one is biased and the other not. Which is a laugh, AP not biased, LOL.
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 09:32 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60939 wrote:
Bulls eye!

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: Riiiiiiiight.

Quote:
In your opinion.I called them blogs, show me where i directly call them liberal biased?

Well, if they're not biased, then what's the problem?

Quote:
If i would of posted an AP link or newsmax doesn't change the story. Yet to you one is biased and the other not. Which is a laugh, AP not biased, LOL.

Then why the link from Newsmax? Why the link from the conservative leaning publication?

Also, evidence of AP bias. C'mon... walk that walk.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 09:39 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Quote:
Well, if they're not biased, then what's the problem?
As i've said before, every one is baised. So you can't show me then, moving that goal post hea?
Quote:
Then why the link from Newsmax?
Because i like em.
Quote:
Why the link from the conservative leaning publication?
Cause i'm conservative.
Quote:
Also, evidence of AP bias. C'mon... walk that walk.
Try your search function.
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 09:43 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60947 wrote:
As i've said before, every one is baised. So you can't show me then, moving that goal post hea?

Not at all. You complain about bias while it's obvious that conservative bias is okay with you... so exactly what bias are you complaining about? If it's ALL bias, then you just discredited your own sources/

Quote:
Because i like em.

Because...

Quote:
Cause i'm conservative.

Ding, ding, ding!

Quote:
Try your search function.

Again, you make the accusation, you bring the evidence. If you can't do that, your point is moot.
0 Replies

Raging Conservative

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:31 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;60788 wrote:
This is a website i stumbled-upon that checks what politicians say, it is fairly neutral.

PolitiFact | Statements we say are Pants on fire!

Sorry, but I must disagree with you. The St Petersburg Times is the most secular progressive newspaper in the country today. I've seen it referred to as the "worst paper in the country"
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 07:06 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;60929 wrote:

Blogs in general aren't a good place for fact finding no matter who they are from.
Musky Hunter

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 08:23 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;61320 wrote:
Blogs in general aren't a good place for fact finding no matter who they are from.

While we have to be extra careful of information received from blogs, blogs have too often, as of late, been the forefront of news which is covered not long after by the mainstream news when it can no longer dismiss that which the blogs have put forward.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 12:49 pm
@Musky Hunter,
Musky Hunter;61360 wrote:
While we have to be extra careful of information received from blogs, blogs have too often, as of late, been the forefront of news which is covered not long after by the mainstream news when it can no longer dismiss that which the blogs have put forward.

news outlets becoming desperate. Blogs aren't a legitimate source for facts. They are one person's opinions and anyone can write a blog.
Musky Hunter

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 02:58 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;61363 wrote:
news outlets becoming desperate. Blogs aren't a legitimate source for facts. They are one person's opinions and anyone can write a blog.

I think that one must always consider the source of information and be extra careful of unknown sources but to group all blogs together as being equally invalid is not a good assessment technique in my mind.

A less than valid source of information can still be a good source of information if that information is then validated.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 07:18 am
@Musky Hunter,
Musky Hunter;61368 wrote:

A less than valid source of information can still be a good source of information if that information is then validated.

If....
0 Replies