Obama takes tough stance on Israeli settlements

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 10:42 pm
It seems that whenever you want to know what Obama's going to do on a particular issue, you just search out the middle ground or the politically advantageous stance. He's a cautious, consensus politician. But now it seems like one issue has emerged on which he's willing to go out on a limb- Israel/ Palestine. Presidents have to choose where to spend their political capital wisely and he's the first president since George HW Bush to spend his political capital on this issue. All i can say is, it's about time. Mad props to Obama on this.

Obama takes tough and risky stance on Israeli settlements - Yahoo! News
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 825 • Replies: 1
No top replies

g-man

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 09:54 pm
@NotHereForLong,
I generally oppose anything Barry even thinks. But, if his effort in this matter brings civility to the Palestinians as they see that he does not blindly support everything Jewish then, you go Barry. But, if the Palestinians fire rockets into Israel and kill one Jew, Then they will prove that killing Jews is all they have on their minds. I'm betting on the latter. They are hardly worthy of any American support. Other than to convince them that murder isn't going to work as a solution to their Jew problems.
0 Replies