Giuliani plays 9/11 card

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 11:00 am
wcbstv.com - Giuliani Plays Up 9/11 Card In N.H. Ads

I also thought it was condescending when during the candidates debate he nearly shouted " I lived through 9/11" like he was the only one in America who did.

....America's Mayor:dunno:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 842 • Replies: 10
No top replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 12:06 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;49554 wrote:
wcbstv.com - Giuliani Plays Up 9/11 Card In N.H. Ads

I also thought it was condescending when during the candidates debate he nearly shouted " I lived through 9/11" like he was the only one in America who did.

....America's Mayor:dunno:

The guy is a f**king chancer :thumbdown:
0 Replies

DurtySanches

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 07:26 pm
@hatukazi,
You fit that discription too.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 07:36 am
@DurtySanches,
DurtySanches;49571 wrote:
You fit that discription too.

So you dont think he is playing the 9/11 card then ?

He only done what any Mayor in his position would have done.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 11:04 am
@hatukazi,
It's amazing how everybody jumps on Rudy for pumping up 911. If you had a 3.6GPA you'd probably talk about it when interviewing for your job. If you had 4 years experience racing Indy Car you'd probably put that on your NASCAR application.

Yet Rudy even mentions his experience during 911 and he's blasted at all sides. Why? Simple really, the other candidates and their supporters are jealous and know they have nothing to top that, so instead their only defense is to act like it's ridiculous for Rudy to talk about his actual experience in leadership.

pretty sad counter actually
hatukazi

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 11:19 am
@Silverchild79,
What did Rudy lead after the attacks, photo ops? most use of the word terrorist? fear mongering?

he just got stuck in a (very) bad position, yes it was admirible that he didn't fold, but to use a tragedy for personal gain is wrong, disrespectful and grimy.
Silverchild79

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 01:59 pm
@hatukazi,
he picked the city up and got them moving again. Look how Rey Negan handled New Orleans, look at how quickly NY recovered mentally, sucked it up and got on with life. Is it any surprise Negan poor handling of Katrina lead to a city which now feels largly defeated and void of life? NYC suffered death toll well beyond that of Katrina. The federal government made just as many mistakes handling 911 after the tragedy.

The two noticeable differences between the two events were how the mayor's acted and how the city responded.
REDWHITEBLUE2

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 10:39 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;49600 wrote:
he picked the city up and got them moving again. Look how Rey Negan handled New Orleans, look at how quickly NY recovered mentally, sucked it up and got on with life. Is it any surprise Negan poor handling of Katrina lead to a city which now feels largly defeated and void of life? NYC suffered death toll well beyond that of Katrina. The federal government made just as many mistakes handling 911 after the tragedy.

The two noticeable differences between the two events were how the mayor's acted and how the city responded.
The problem I have is Rudy is just way too Liberal for my tastes
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 11:04 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;49592 wrote:
What did Rudy lead after the attacks, photo ops? most use of the word terrorist? fear mongering?

he just got stuck in a (very) bad position, yes it was admirible that he didn't fold, but to use a tragedy for personal gain is wrong, disrespectful and grimy.

He had no choice but to be out in the streets, the moron put his headquarters in the WTC against the better advice. His stupidity put him in the streets, not his caring, or leadership.
0 Replies

g-man

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 09:10 am
@hatukazi,
Politicians use anything they can to make themselves electable.
Giuliani's 911 experience.
McCain's POW experience.
Ms. Rodham's 8 years president's spouse experience.
So on and so on.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:44 pm
@hatukazi,
Julie Annie is my choice. Dunno why, specifically. He seems more wise and experienced.
0 Replies