bush sends $555 billion to Iraq

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 12:30 pm
Bush signs $555 billion spending bill - Yahoo! News

rather than build schools, or create jobs or just plain give every person in America $1840.79

We the people should demand that Iraq pay the US back every penny we spend "liberating" them and furthurmore $1 billion for every US life lost in this "war".
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,570 • Replies: 31
No top replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 02:53 pm
@hatukazi,
the bill was passed by a congress run by democrats. Which could very well explain why it's almost 3 months late and has hundreds of pork barrel earmarks.

maybe this war wouldn't be so expensive if it hadn't funded so much pork

FYI the entire 555 isn't for Iraq, it's a spending bill to run the country, nice spin
Silverchild79

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 02:56 pm
@hatukazi,
Senate passes budget bill that includes Iraq war funding - CNN.com

so let's talk reality

This Spending bill is a conglomerate of 11 other bills which cover a wide array of spending outside the war

After removing 22 billion in pork the fianl bill still included 9,000 earmarks worth $7.4 billion
0 Replies

hatukazi

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 02:58 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;49485 wrote:
the bill was passed by a congress run by democrats. Which could very well explain why it's almost 3 months late and has hundreds of pork barrel earmarks.

maybe this war wouldn't be so expensive if it hadn't funded so much pork

FYI the entire 555 isn't for Iraq, it's a spending bill to run the country, nice spin

repubs, dems all a$$hole$ what difference does it make who's party is responsible for spending US money in another country??

FYI I wasn't intentionally spinning anything, the money SHOULD be spent HERE on our problems.
hatukazi

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 03:19 pm
@hatukazi,
Contractor numbers outstrip US troops - World - smh.com.au

this pork??

180,000 private contractors
160,000 US soldiers

since private contractors make 3 times as much as our soldiers, if we were fighting a sanctioned war we could have 700,000 of our troops in there and have it cleaned up in a week.

we are paying too much for half the manpower we could have on the ground, and over half of the people we fund are just dorks anyway, Haliburton is NOT there to win us a war they are there to reap as much profit off the US citizen as they can get away with. What can you expect from an organization whose CEO was a Dick (Cheny that is...).

the more I research our government the madder I get.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 10:53 pm
@hatukazi,
Yeah that would fall under the category of pork. Also if we where fighting a war that was worth something maybe retention rates would be a whole lot higher so we would not have to use as many contractors over there. Like Silver said, Congress approved that number.
0 Replies

DurtySanches

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 08:08 am
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;49479 wrote:

rather than build schools, or create jobs or just plain give every person in America $1840.79

We the people should demand that Iraq pay the US back every penny we spend "liberating" them and furthurmore $1 billion for every US life lost in this "war".

Then shall we also demand Germany and Japan do the same? How about all the staving people we feed? The over a trillion we send out every year on social services?
DurtySanches

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 08:10 am
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;49487 wrote:
repubs, dems all a$$hole$ what difference does it make who's party is responsible for spending US money in another country??

FYI I wasn't intentionally spinning anything, the money SHOULD be spent HERE on our problems.
FYI Iraq is our problem.
hatukazi

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 11:02 am
@DurtySanches,
DurtySanches;49500 wrote:
Then shall we also demand Germany and Japan do the same? How about all the staving people we feed? The over a trillion we send out every year on social services?

germany and japan definately!

if starving people are fed by tax dollars (or fed reserve loan)not donation, pay it back or work it off.

having extra to give is another story, but while we are in debt, giving makes no sense.

If our govt. was our parent (and they take the liberty of acting that way to the world) they would be charged with neglect at home.
0 Replies

hatukazi

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 11:03 am
@DurtySanches,
DurtySanches;49501 wrote:
FYI Iraq is our problem.

please give me a detailed analysis as to why Iraq (which was a sovereign nation) is our problem with no rhetoric.
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 11:07 am
@hatukazi,
It is our problem because a Government installed and supported by the US, turned into a Genocidal Dictatorship.

Look at this way

If I blow up my house, and you My next door neighbor has their has blown up because of MY explosion, Guess whos house gets fixt first?
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 11:12 am
@hatukazi,
James Spader on Boston Public Said this

what the $450 billion dollars we spent on Iraq could buy us.

How about free health insurance for every uninsured family, $124 billion. Convert every single car to run on ethanol, $68 billion. Primary education for every child on the planet -- all of them -- $30 billion. Hey, end hunger in America, $7 billion....
hatukazi

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 11:15 am
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;49518 wrote:
It is our problem because a Government installed and supported by the US, turned into a Genocidal Dictatorship.

Look at this way

If I blow up my house, and you My next door neighbor has their has blown up because of MY explosion, Guess whos house gets fixt first?

"a Government installed and supported by the US"
Where do we have the right to install a Government into a sovereign nation?? show evidence please.

If you blew up my house YOU would be paying to rebuild it because your insurance company wouldnt pay, and MY insurance co. would make you.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 11:18 am
@hatukazi,
It is apparent that metaphors skip over you, I will not use them further.

Ummm WE provided the means for Sadam to initially gain power. This is common and accepted knowledge. I should not have to cite proof.
hatukazi

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 11:20 am
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;49519 wrote:
James Spader on Boston Public Said this

what the $450 billion dollars we spent on Iraq could buy us.

How about free health insurance for every uninsured family, $124 billion. Convert every single car to run on ethanol, $68 billion. Primary education for every child on the planet -- all of them -- $30 billion. Hey, end hunger in America, $7 billion....

all great uses for our money, all positive and helping out at home.

why not try that before we mess with other counrties?
0 Replies

hatukazi

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 11:24 am
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;49523 wrote:
It is apparent that metaphors skip over you, I will not use them further.

Ummm WE provided the means for Sadam to initially gain power. This is common and accepted knowledge. I should not have to cite proof.

it's the use of the word "we". I dont care about Iraq, never have, never will, if the people if Iraq wanted their freedom, get guns and fight a revolutionary war to EARN it, just like we did.
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 11:27 am
@hatukazi,
Why shouldnt we do that... BEcause if everyone got these things for free we would be teetering on what communism was supposed to bring to the table (Please read Communism on paper and do not apply the worlds failed attempts at such a government)

Yes I see the hypocrisy in doing it for another nation, but you must see this point of view... THAT NATION is unable to take care of itself... We as a people in this country HAVE the opportunity to pull out of our slump. We just havent done it... and my tax dollars and the government should not have to pay for someone WHO CAN take care of themselves just choose not too.
DurtySanches

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 07:08 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;49517 wrote:
please give me a detailed analysis as to why Iraq (which was a sovereign nation) is our problem with no rhetoric.
Remember when Saddam invaded Kuwait? When did Iraq start for you, after 9/11? What happens when one sovereign nation signs a ceasefire with another sovereign nation that kicked it ass years before and then breaks that ceasefire agreement and fire's at our planes? When in our history do we not attack? It's in the history books already, you should read one?
g-man

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 10:42 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;49479 wrote:

Building schools, creating jobs. The government builds plenty of schools. Then, doesn't maintain them. The government, any government, is inept at "creating jobs". Creating jobs, is a result of creative people living in a free market society. Free enterprise, creates jobs. People of this nation who depend on "government" to make life good are the ones responsible for "government" getting the idea it was responsible for the world. But, the dye is set. The government is going to ignore selfish notions such as yours and reach out to control the world as best it can in the name of "protecting it's own". Muslims make that process easy when they kill people of the west for who knows what reason. 72 virgins who, once they have their first encounter are no longer virgins and he must support. lol. The joke is on him. I must wonder what happens if some of the virgins are repulsed by Muslim martyrs.
0 Replies

g-man

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 10:48 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;49527 wrote:
Why shouldnt we do that... BEcause if everyone got these things for free we would be teetering on what communism was supposed to bring to the table (Please read Communism on paper and [SIZE="3"]do not apply the worlds failed attempts at such a government[/SIZE])

Communism can not be discussed without applying the world's failed attempts at such a government as that is the result of all attempts.