Panel: Palin abused power in trooper case

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 11:03 am
Panel: Palin abused power in trooper case - CNN.com

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (CNN) -- Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin abused her power as Alaska's governor by trying to get her ex-brother-in-law fired from the state police, a state investigator's report concluded Friday.

That's all that needs to be said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,022 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Musky Hunter

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 08:56 pm
@Sabz5150,
I think the words and/or terms "taser", "10 year old" and "responsibility to protect the citizenry" need to be said, as well.
Sabz5150

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 09:32 pm
@Musky Hunter,
Musky Hunter;61048 wrote:
I think the words and/or terms "taser", "10 year old" and "responsibility to protect the citizenry" need to be said, as well.

Nice deflection, but this investigation wasn't about that, now was it?

It is of particular note that Palin and her family thought the taser incident was funny, as did the 10 year old who, oddly enough, wanted to do it again.

Trying to pull those "he's a bad guy!" strings. Sorry, but Wooten is not the actual focus of this investigation.

I thought hunters were good at staying on target.
Musky Hunter

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 10:30 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;61049 wrote:
Nice deflection, but this investigation wasn't about that, now was it?

It is of particular note that Palin and her family thought the taser incident was funny, as did the 10 year old who, oddly enough, wanted to do it again.

Trying to pull those "he's a bad guy!" strings. Sorry, but Wooten is not the actual focus of this investigation.

I thought hunters were good at staying on target.

The problem is that it is far too easy to imagine what the media would be saying if Wooten had tasered some other 10 year old and then the media found out that the governor had known about previous similar activity and done nothing about it.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 06:34 am
@Sabz5150,
...Another diversion...

FIX THE ECONOMY AND PROTECT OUR BORDERS.

Nothing else matters.
Whatever cv

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 09:23 am
@socalgolfguy,
Bottomline is, she abused power..and thinks she has that right. That's not what I want in the white house....we've had 8 years from a VP with that attitude.
0 Replies

Musky Hunter

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 11:21 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;61120 wrote:
...Another diversion...

FIX THE ECONOMY AND PROTECT OUR BORDERS.

Nothing else matters.

Palin has had experience guarding Alaska's borders against Russians, Canadians and stray wolf!!!:p
aaronssongs

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 06:57 pm
@Musky Hunter,
Musky Hunter;61178 wrote:
Palin has had experience guarding Alaska's borders against Russians, Canadians and stray wolf!!!:p

She's scary. And I don't know who is scarier. Her or McCain......I think "her".
She's a no-nonsense bitch...if you piss her off, watch your back.
Musky Hunter

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2008 07:17 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;61188 wrote:
She's scary. And I don't know who is scarier. Her or McCain......I think "her".
She's a no-nonsense ***...if you piss her off, watch your back.

In degree, I think that kind of scary may be a necessary thing in dealing with foreign powers. My biggest concern with Obama is that foreign powers will think that they each will get a coupla free hits before having to worry about whether or not Obama will respond with force.

"Stop that or we'll have to talk" just doesn't work in the foreign policy world.
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:18 am
@Musky Hunter,
Musky Hunter;61191 wrote:
In degree, I think that kind of scary may be a necessary thing in dealing with foreign powers. My biggest concern with Obama is that foreign powers will think that they each will get a coupla free hits before having to worry about whether or not Obama will respond with force.

"Stop that or we'll have to talk" just doesn't work in the foreign policy world.

You don't know that. He hasn't said "Oh we'll just talk it out" if another attack like 9/11 hits. He'd respond swiftly, just as any president would.

What you don't like is his disagreement with preemptive strikes. That's a whole different can of worms.
Musky Hunter

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:25 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;61282 wrote:
You don't know that. He hasn't said "Oh we'll just talk it out" if another attack like 9/11 hits. He'd respond swiftly, just as any president would.

What you don't like is his disagreement with preemptive strikes. That's a whole different can of worms.

What I don't like is the perception that I believe the rest of the world has about his likelihood of reacting quickly and forcefully to an aggressive action.

I believe that aggressive nations will more likely act aggressively towards Obama than towards McCain due to those perceptions.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 06:25 am
@Sabz5150,
sabz - I agree that he would not sit back on his hands, but I do think that the terrorists will feel less tense with Obama than a kick ass former POW at the helm. They are cheering for him on Al Jazeera - check if you wish, I'm to lazy to research it right now. He makes me very uncomfortable - not that the other side is any better, on balance.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 08:19 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;61290 wrote:
sabz - I agree that he would not sit back on his hands, but I do think that the terrorists will feel less tense with Obama than a kick ass former POW at the helm. They are cheering for him on Al Jazeera - check if you wish, I'm to lazy to research it right now. He makes me very uncomfortable - not that the other side is any better, on balance.

"They are cheering for him on Al Jazeera" thats so fox news socal.

They are cheering for Obama around the globe,not just the "muslim country's" which i think was the point you were trying to make.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 02:38 am
@Musky Hunter,
Musky Hunter;61191 wrote:

Oh, please. Like mealy-mouth Bush did anything substantial, in the way of gunboat diplomacy. If there ever was a wuss, it would be him.
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 04:11 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;61849 wrote:
Oh, please. Like mealy-mouth Bush did anything substantial, in the way of gunboat diplomacy. If there ever was a wuss, it would be him.

No, he's right. Didn't you see how fast we captured Bin Laden after the towers were destroyed?

Oh, wait...

How about how quickly we uncovered the WMDs in Iraq.

Oh, wait...
0 Replies