Palin needs easier debate format

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 08:57 pm
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/21/us/politics/21debate.html?hp

Noted points:

At the insistence of the McCain campaign, the Oct. 2 debate between the Republican nominee for vice president, Gov. Sarah Palin, and her Democratic rival, Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr., will have shorter question-and-answer segments than those for the presidential nominees, the advisers said. There will also be much less opportunity for free-wheeling, direct exchanges between the running mates.

McCain advisers said they had been concerned that a loose format could leave Ms. Palin, a relatively inexperienced debater, at a disadvantage and largely on the defensive.

Are you now saying she can't hold her own unless the rules are altered to benefit her? Foreign leaders aren't gonna change their "format" because they want to go easier on her.

Lotsa bark, absolutely no bite. So much for being a "pitbull".

Advisers to Mr. Biden say they were comfortable with either format.

This will be GOOD. :rollinglaugh:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,408 • Replies: 25
No top replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 07:14 am
@Sabz5150,
This is the storm to come. Palin will be destroyed in the debate against Biden, even the republicans know this (though may not admit it). Palin is just a little bit naive, which comes with the territory of being the "down to earth" candidate.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 09:34 am
@Sabz5150,
Makes me wonder why Obama won't debate Mc Cain? Seems he was afraid from the beginning and i guess he still is.
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 08:06 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60117 wrote:
Makes me wonder why Obama won't debate Mc Cain? Seems he was afraid from the beginning and i guess he still is.

You obviously don't know what's happening this Friday.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 10:34 pm
@Sabz5150,
He's been running for a while, why if he's so good, is this his first one?
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 11:04 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60138 wrote:
He's been running for a while, why if he's so good, is this his first one?

The same could be asked of McCain.

The answer is simple. Moderation. Asking to debate at one of the so-called "town halls" that the Right so loves (wonder why?) is akin to Bam asking McCain to debate at a California university.

But this isn't about Bam and Mickey, now is it? This is about Pallie and her need to have a softer, gentler debate because she is, and I quote the McCain campaign here, "inexperienced".
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:10 am
@Sabz5150,
As in experienced as Hussein.
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 08:08 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60156 wrote:
As in experienced as Hussein.

Nice comeback :rollinglaugh: Perfectly expected of you.

Bam didn't need any debate changes, he didn't fight to soften up the format. Fact remains that Pallie just can't take the heat.

So why the need to ease the debate? I thought she was a pitbull with lipstick. I thought she was tough and strong.

Apparently not. :rollinglaugh:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 09:34 am
@Sabz5150,
We'll see, no teleprompters.
Quote:
Fact remains that Pallie just can't take the heat.
No fact yet. Did she ask for the change or Mc doggle?
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 08:07 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60296 wrote:
We'll see, no teleprompters. No fact yet. Did she ask for the change or Mc doggle?

The campaign did on her behalf. I think she would have spoken up, being the pitbull hockey mom that she is if she didn't want the change to go through. At least that's what I would expect from a strong, independent woman.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:10 pm
@Sabz5150,
"The Campaign" did, so she personally didn't, i see.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:14 pm
@Drnaline,
Biden was the winner! :thumbup:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:18 pm
@Sabz5150,
In your opinion, not surprising.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 12:25 pm
@Drnaline,
She didn't screw up like i was expecting her to, but she still lost. You can tell she was trying to appeal to populism.
xj0hnx

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 01:29 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;60616 wrote:
She didn't screw up like i was expecting her to, but she still lost. You can tell she was trying to appeal to populism.

And Biden was trying to make his lies true by emphasising them. I can't count how many times he started to saying one thing, and before the sentence was finished he was off on a completely different topic. At least Palin defelcted and stayed in a cohesive thought.
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 08:49 pm
@xj0hnx,
xj0hnx;60627 wrote:
And Biden was trying to make his lies true by emphasising them. I can't count how many times he started to saying one thing, and before the sentence was finished he was off on a completely different topic. At least Palin defelcted and stayed in a cohesive thought.

Are you serious!? She danced around the questions several times, trying to insert her "folksy" attitude into everything. She truly is the master of the nonanswer.
xj0hnx

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 10:21 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;60628 wrote:
Are you serious!? She danced around the questions several times, trying to insert her "folksy" attitude into everything. She truly is the master of the nonanswer.

Like I said, no metter Bidens emphasis on his answers, it doesn't make them any ore true.
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 11:07 pm
@xj0hnx,
xj0hnx;60645 wrote:
Like I said, no metter Bidens emphasis on his answers, it doesn't make them any ore true.

Nor Palin's. She wasn't a fountain of truth, ya know.

Being able to process thought should tell you that.
xj0hnx

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 11:10 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;60651 wrote:
Nor Palin's. She wasn't a fountain of truth, ya know.

Being able to process thought should tell you that.

Why do you try to act smart? It isn't working. At least when she deflected she could stay on topic in the same sentence.
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 11:12 pm
@xj0hnx,
xj0hnx;60654 wrote:
Why do you try to act smart? It isn't working. At least when she deflected she could stay on topic in the same sentence.

Because I am, or haven't you caught that yet?

Why do you try to act arrogant?

At least you admit she deflects. That's a start.