Palin's foreign policy experience a crack in the GOP armor

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 09:27 pm
Palin tries to defend qualifications in interview - Yahoo! News

In the interview broadcast Thursday, Palin sought to defend her qualifications to assume one of the most powerful jobs in the world. But she struggled with foreign policy, unable to describe President Bush's doctrine of pre-emptive strikes against threatening nations and acknowledging she's never met a foreign head of state.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 841 • Replies: 10
No top replies

westernmom

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:32 am
@Sabz5150,
As many in Washington admitted they had never heard of this as well. Did you really need a "gotcha" moment to decide you weren't going to vote for them?

Why won't good ole Charlie air the interview in it's entirety instead of sound bites? What a joke he is. Sitting there like a pompous ass with his little glasses and spouting big words at her. The American people love Palin because she is real and down to earth. And it's working!
westernmom

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 01:26 am
@Sabz5150,
I love it! Leftist Lanny Davis is admitting that most people don't know about the Bush doctrine to O'Reilly on the radio right now.
Sabz5150

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 01:35 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59753 wrote:
I love it! Leftist Lanny Davis is admitting that most people don't know about the Bush doctrine to O'Reilly on the radio right now.

Strange... Lanny Davis is an expert on what "most people" know? Funny.

I thought you made up your own mind... thought you didn't listen to talking heads.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 01:44 am
@Sabz5150,
I not only heard it from him but Juan Willams (another lefty) and several other people. Tell me you knew all about it before last night... honestly... You picked up the talking points from the left websites and threw it on here. Now tell me Yahoo isn't left as well.
Sabz5150

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 01:51 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59756 wrote:
I not only heard it from him but Juan Willams (another lefty) and several other people. Tell me you knew all about it before last night... honestly... You picked up the talking points from the left websites and threw it on here. Now tell me Yahoo isn't left as well.

Left websites? Please show the "left websites" that I have posted.

What is the Bush Doctrine? Put simply it allows pre-emptive strikes against countries that pose a threat to us by saying that a country that harbors terrorists is a terrorist country itself. It's part of the justification given to invade Iraq.

That's the Bush Doctrine. Don't you know these things?
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 05:29 am
@Sabz5150,
I do now and I would dare bet that you had no clue what they were talking about before last night either. But, you can't prove you did and I can't prove you didn't. Unless of course you have written a discourse on it in the past and can refer me to it.
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 07:56 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;59773 wrote:
I do now and I would dare bet that you had no clue what they were talking about before last night either. But, you can't prove you did and I can't prove you didn't. Unless of course you have written a discourse on it in the past and can refer me to it.

Come on, I'm a liberal... we HAVE to know these things. :rollinglaugh:
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 01:38 am
@Sabz5150,
After listening this weekend, there really is no such thing as an official Bush Doctrine is there? It means many different things to many different people. And Charlie Gibson has voiced it in several different ways through the years as well. Sure is making him look like the stupid one to me.

September 21, 2001
CHARLIE GIBSON: The president in his speech last night, very forceful. Four out of five Americans watched it. Everybody gathered around the television set last night. The president issued a series of demands to the Taliban, already rejected. We'll get to that in a moment. He also outlined what is being called the Bush Doctrine, a promise that all terrorists organizations with global reach will be found, stopped and defeated.

September 21, 2001
CHARLIE GIBSON: Senator Daschle, let me start with you. People were looking for a Bush Doctrine. They may have found it when he said the war on terror will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped or defeated. That's pretty broad. Broader than you expected?

Gibson will now go down in history with all of the others who tried to foil the most popular VP in history and failed!
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 03:21 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59756 wrote:

Where exactly do you get your political information from ?
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 05:08 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59747 wrote:
The American people love Palin because she is real and down to earth. And it's working!

Well "real and down to earth" isn't exactly a strong point for a leadership position where it is required you be "above and beyond". Our founding fathers were not "down to earth" people, they were good leaders and extraordinary men. Ordinary people will crumble under the pressure.
0 Replies