• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 883 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Sabz5150

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 08:39 am
@DiversityDriven,
I was a bit WTFish when I saw it for the first time, then I realized the context.

It might have a bit of a sour taste to it, but when taken with the article itself, it makes perfect sense and becomes true satire.

It simply shows the Right's lies and twisting for what it really is: outright lies and twisting. But most of us knew that already.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 01:35 pm
@Sabz5150,
Thye might have meant it as satire,but they're are alot of americans still believe obama is a muslim ( a few on this forum ) some people will only see the cartoon/picture,and not the full article,i can understand why Obama is not happy.
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 05:12 am
@scooby-doo cv,
Bam's response: "I've seen worse."
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 06:43 am
@Sabz5150,
I invite everyone to remember back in '99 what happened when a website posted satire about Bush. It resulted in one of the most famous lines W has ever said:

"There ought to be limits to freedom."

Satirical Web Site Poses Political Test

Legal action, claims that it isn't a first amendment issue... I thought elephants never forgot.
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 09:30 am
@DiversityDriven,
When your name is Barrack Hussein Obama, i think it not to hard to believe your muslim.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 12:36 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;58348 wrote:
When your name is Barrack Hussein Obama, i think it not to hard to believe your muslim.

So if your name is John Smith,you think must be a christian with a name like that :dunno:
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 09:52 am
@DiversityDriven,

the sad thing is this is actually what a lot of people think of Obama.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 09:54 am
@DiversityDriven,

And if you middle name is LEE you must be asian, right?
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 09:45 pm
@DiversityDriven,

Yeah... fear, fear, fear. It's the same old song and dance in conservaland. Keep 'em scared and they vote the right way. Pavlov's sheep?

Now, people aren't biting. They're worried more about what's going on at home... democrat territory. McCain even admitted he is bad with economics. But the Right is still slinging the usual fear mud. Oooooohhh, he might be muslim! His name is Hussein, after all! He attended some Wasabi-thing school where they teach people to fly planes into buildings! Look at this turban pic, looks like Bin Laden! Obama, Osama, sounds the same to me!

Seriously... a "terrorist fist bump"? I think that's where we started to collectively say: "Alright, now they're just f*cking with me." And then you started playing this gigantic game of Six Degrees of Separation and then it just got funny.

Oh, by the by... why weren't you complaining about all the cameras pointed towards Bam when it was rumor-rumor-rumor-blog-preacher-rumor-rumor-blog for months on end? That's right, he actually came out the other end of that brutal gauntlet with hardly a scratch on 'em. Now you're worried, now you're pissed. Ol Expelled Stein came out basically saying "Oh schnap, we need RoveMan!" which translates into the lowest of the low, as underhanded as you can possibly get.

On top of that, there's Mallie's nod to Obama's idea of a sixteen month withdrawal schedule (they call it a "timetable"). The government endorsed this BEFORE it was "accidentally" leaked to all the news reporting agnecies. Oops. The Iraqi government has spoken. They want us out and sixteen months is the magic number. Remember the whole "We will sit down when they stand up"? They're standing, they expect us to sit.

And Mickey was forced to show support. HA! HAAAAAAAAAAH HAH!

Here's the topper. Once that hit, and Bam's reception worldwide was nothing short of stellar, one of McCain's top strategists said in an email: "We're f*cked."

It. Is. HILARIOUS.
0 Replies