Defending America

Drakej

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 07:47 pm
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
I do not buy into the whole we need illegals to run the country. Guess what? I have picked produce, I have worked on the farm, I have built fence and guess what I am white. I am as white as the driven snow. I worked right along side illegals and honestly the guys that I worked for wished they did not have to hire boarder jumpers but no was willing to work 11 to 13 hours a day. But the thing is, we all got paid equal wages. We all got minimum wage, breaks, time off if needed. And these where agricultural jobs where breaks are not required by law.

A lot of people that I know are just to damn lazy to get on there hands and knees and pick onions, or apples, or drive a pea combine for 14 hours a night. That is why some farmers and employers are forced to hire illegals. But yes I am sure in larger cities companies target illegals because they can get away with paying them pennies.
Brian764

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 07:54 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;42978 wrote:
I do not buy into the whole we need illegals to run the country. Guess what? I have picked produce, I have worked on the farm, I have built fence and guess what I am white. I am as white as the driven snow. I worked right along side illegals and honestly the guys that I worked for wished they did not have to hire boarder jumpers but no was willing to work 11 to 13 hours a day. But the thing is, we all got paid equal wages. We all got minimum wage, breaks, time off if needed. And these where agricultural jobs where breaks are not required by law.

A lot of people that I know are just to damn lazy to get on there hands and knees and pick onions, or apples, or drive a pea combine for 14 hours a night. That is why some farmers and employers are forced to hire illegals. But yes I am sure in larger cities companies target illegals because they can get away with paying them pennies.

14 hours a night?? That's slavery...even at my current salary I would never want to work that many hours.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 08:02 pm
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
Up to i should have said, it averaged 10 to 12 hours. Normally 6pm to 6am. But I was paid fairly for my work and I did get my time off that I was supposed to. But a lot of people do see that as slave labor. You should talk to a concrete finisher that runs his own crew. Those guys put in 12 to 14hours a day 6 days a week 9 months out of the year if they have a winter. Some times you must do what you have to do. Some just don't see it as being worth it.
Brian764

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 08:24 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;42983 wrote:
Up to i should have said, it averaged 10 to 12 hours. Normally 6pm to 6am. But I was paid fairly for my work and I did get my time off that I was supposed to. But a lot of people do see that as slave labor. You should talk to a concrete finisher that runs his own crew. Those guys put in 12 to 14hours a day 6 days a week 9 months out of the year if they have a winter. Some times you must do what you have to do. Some just don't see it as being worth it.

Ok...that's not for me. I've done some hard work in the past, such as roofing construction and other forms of construction type work, but never more than 8 hours and in some case 6 hours. Life is hard for so many people in the USA. My heart goes out to those who have to work such long hours, with not so good pay.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 09:03 pm
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
Sorry for getting this off topic a bit but I do have some opinions on this.

We as a nation need to focus on securing our borders and providing help for those that enter our country legally. I grew up with families that crossed over from Mexico legally and they are some of best people I know. But they where at a disadvantage because so much of our tax dollars are helping support illegals. People who did not wait for years for there green card. People who come up here for 3-6 months make a quick buck and return to there home country and live like a king for a year. I have no problem with people entering our country. We have so many luxury's and opportunity's here that how can people not come? But the problem is due to our own work ethic and lack of morals we perpetuate illegals coming. We have renters that over load a single bedroom apartment. We have companies exploiting peoples desperation.
Brian764

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 04:11 am
@Drakej,
Drakej;42986 wrote:
Sorry for getting this off topic a bit but I do have some opinions on this.

We as a nation need to focus on securing our borders and providing help for those that enter our country legally. QUOTE]

If the government was really concerned about that that would be where they would be spending more of their money. The government uses the made up war on terror, as a guise to do what they otherwise could not do.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 04:36 am
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
There is no acceptable way to stop Latin American immigration into the U.S. The more money we invest in that futile effort is more money wasted. It won't work.
92b16vx

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 07:45 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;43028 wrote:
There is no acceptable way to stop Latin American immigration into the U.S. The more money we invest in that futile effort is more money wasted. It won't work.

Yea, there is. Start jailing employers that hire illegals, stop giving them benefits like welfare, healthcare, and drivers licenses. Come on Pino, where's that never-ending struggle spirit you have for your demigods bullshit war on islam?
0 Replies

Whatever cv

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 12:00 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;42654 wrote:
This is kind of corny. I sense standards have fallen a bit. Doesn't seem like the same place. Hmm.......

So, you have nothing to discuss here? You certainly aren't defending your position any...and if I supported Bush, neither could I.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 08:02 pm
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
That is the biggest problem we are allowing a lot of people and making it worth while to break the law. Think of it like this, the war on drugs will never be won. Why because the demand is much to high. Way way to high because there is no alternative to it. Where as the war on illegal immigration can be won. Why? Because we can make it really inconvenient it for companies to practice such things. But we need to start with enforcing the laws that are already in place.

We also need people to step up and expect more out of employers. I am tired of this "The country is built on the backs of illegals." That is a load of crap. If these business people depend so much on illegals they deserve to fail.
0 Replies