mlurp

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 10:38 pm
I was wondering, as I watched the History Channel and it had unseen footage and amazing information about UFO's, how it would effect people to know or to have it confirmed that extraterrestrials do exist. Ive thought about it and can honestly not think of any way this would affect me personally except for maybe in an inquisitive way. I would think they to would have a Bible like ours.
Imagine that you woke up one day and you saw on the news that the government confirmed that we are and have been visited by beings from another planet. How would this change the way you live? why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,917 • Replies: 26
No top replies

Sabz5150

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 04:57 am
@mlurp,
mlurp;41113 wrote:
I was wondering, as I watched the History Channel and it had unseen footage and amazing information about UFO's, how it would effect people to know or to have it confirmed that extraterrestrials do exist. Ive thought about it and can honestly not think of any way this would affect me personally except for maybe in an inquisitive way. I would think they to would have a Bible like ours.
Imagine that you woke up one day and you saw on the news that the government confirmed that we are and have been visited by beings from another planet. How would this change the way you live? why?

"People" would go nuts.

My initial response would be "Umm... duh."
mlurp

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 02:52 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;41137 wrote:
"People" would go nuts.

My initial response would be "Umm... duh."

Your a person and that reply doesn't sound nuts. Thanks for the reply.
briansol

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 03:43 pm
@mlurp,
gov't would just try to build a fence in space to keep illegal alienimmigration out.

me, i'd want to meet one, and maybe even be the first of my firends to have sex with an alien. lol
mlurp

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 06:12 pm
@briansol,
Awwwwwwww a true male. loooooooooo
I think I would prefer to find out if their world has as much sexual items to transfer. Think about it, intergalactic worts. He, he, he.

But the fence part, I think if they voted upon it and approved it. Then they would just fight over the color of it and not wanting to block the stars, sun or how to blend it in the daylight. And then how much it would cost to put all the illegals in spacesuits to build the fence.
Gosh doesn't our government have enough nonsense
to to deal with? But then the Dem's could have a real ball with this after all.
mlurp

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 05:20 pm
@mlurp,
Late last night the history channel had a show on the many sighting of underwater UFOs seems some believe we are not alone and maybe they were here first. The USS Aircraft carrier Roosevelt has been haunted by them in it's short service life. 32 years.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 03:26 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;41170 wrote:
Your a person and that reply doesn't sound nuts. Thanks for the reply.

A 'person' is smart. 'People' are dumb and panicky.
mlurp

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 04:24 pm
@Sabz5150,
And as a person I was being polite. Smart duh. You continue the battle with others as I am smart enough not to get upset about UFO's when there is so much more to cause worry right here on the third planet from the sun. looool
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 08:26 pm
@mlurp,
I hereby recognize the following CV members as true STUDS OF TRUTH.
:FU1:
:FU2:
:liar:
:whipping:
:bangin:
:withstupid:
:thumbsdown:
:damnit:
:cussing:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 09:25 pm
@Pinochet73,
i think aliens exist or have existed at one time but i find it highly unlikely that they've visted us....

if aliens are gonna travel 600 trillion lightyears to get here, they'd do more than just mutilate cows and draw pictures in corn fields!
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 09:23 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;45480 wrote:
i think aliens exist or have existed at one time but i find it highly unlikely that they've visted us....

if aliens are gonna travel 600 trillion lightyears to get here, they'd do more than just mutilate cows and draw pictures in corn fields!

600 trillion lightyears is more or less the edge of the universe. The furthest object we've observed is 10 billion ly away.

Try around the range of 50 - 200 ly. That at least puts them in the same section of our galaxy.
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 09:28 am
@mlurp,
mlurp;42831 wrote:
And as a person I was being polite. Smart duh. You continue the battle with others as I am smart enough not to get upset about UFO's when there is so much more to cause worry right here on the third planet from the sun. looool

You misunderstood my point.

People like to panic. One individual might be able to keep his cool, but people in mass are very panicky.

How do you think people would react to seeing spacecraft approach us in numbers? Remember... "people" watch 'War of the Worlds', 'Independence Day', 'V', so on and so forth. And there is no "we'll fight 'em there so we don't have to fight 'em here" *IF* someone else decides they want this planet more than us.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 10:19 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;42821 wrote:
A 'person' is smart. 'People' are dumb and panicky.

-K
Men In Black
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 10:20 am
@mlurp,
As infinite as space appears to be, to think we are the only beings of matter concious of ones self would be absurd. IMHO
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 02:22 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;45500 wrote:
600 trillion lightyears is more or less the edge of the universe. The furthest object we've observed is 10 billion ly away.

Try around the range of 50 - 200 ly. That at least puts them in the same section of our galaxy.

do you honestly believe the universe has an edge? If there is infact intelligent life elsewhere it would probably be from some stretch of universe we haven't been too yet.

who says that if alien life were to exist it would be from our galaxy or even our nebula...this is very improbable mathmaticly speaking.....the whole universe they could inhabit and they just happen to be "next door" so to speak!
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 02:51 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;45527 wrote:
do you honestly believe the universe has an edge?

Yes. If the Big Bang theory is true, then the universe must have an edge. Some have theorized that the universe is toroid (donut) shaped. Taking a tangible object (universe at its birth) and making it intangible (an area of infinite space) just doesn't make sense.

Quote:
If there is infact intelligent life elsewhere it would probably be from some stretch of universe we haven't been too yet.
List of stars with confirmed extrasolar planets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
who says that if alien life were to exist it would be from our galaxy or even our nebula...this is very improbable mathmaticly speaking.....the whole universe they could inhabit and they just happen to be "next door" so to speak!

We do not reside in a nebula. Also, a nebula typically resides in a galaxy... being the remains of dead stars, it makes sense that you'd find 'em in a place full of stars.

See, you are under the impression that life is exceedingly rare. To answer a question from another thread, this is why we are interested to see if life could survive entry into a planet's atmosphere... it's why we scoop up piles of Mars dirt, checking for life... it's all to see if life can originate from another source. If we can do that, then life isn't as uncommon as we think.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 03:01 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;45534 wrote:
Yes. If the Big Bang theory is true, then the universe must have an edge.

prove it!

Some have theorized that the universe is toroid (donut) shaped. Taking a tangible object (universe at its birth) and making it intangible (an area of infinite space) just doesn't make sense.

The donut shape isn't the only valid theory out there!

Why so far away? Our galaxy has billions of stars. Also at the distance you gave (600 trillion ly), it would take FOREVER to reach here.

precisely the point, if aliens were to come to earth we'd probably know about ittime may not be an issue for an advanced race!

Besides, we have plenty of places here: List of stars with confirmed extrasolar planets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See, you are under the impression that life is exceedingly rare.

and right-fully so, since we are the only planet that we know of that has life

replies in bold
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 03:18 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;45537 wrote:
replies in bold

You want me to prove the tangibility of the universe?

Wow. I know I said to make it difficult for me in the Evo/Mutation thread, but that's out there even for me! You cannot prove that either way. The Big Bang is still a theory, but so are all others. I don't think that answer will be available for many many millenia to come.

If aliens were to come to earth, we MIGHT know about it.

You say that perhaps time is not an issue to such a race... wouldn't you think a species that advanced would be able to sneak past our (what to them would be) ancient technology?

Given your theory, a species that lives in the same universe as us (living under the same limitations in physics) would have to be able to manipulate time to their needs. That, or they could use other theoretical methods of traveling (folding space, that in itself kind of requires the universe to be tangible). Again, a species that advanced could sneak past a species that has barely even started space travel.

It's kind of like Google Earth'ing a tribe in the rainforest. They have no clue they're being watched or any concept of how it's done, but they are.
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 03:19 pm
@mlurp,
Yes. If the Big Bang theory is true, then the universe must have an edge. Some have theorized that the universe is toroid (donut) shaped. Taking a tangible object (universe at its birth) and making it intangible (an area of infinite space) just doesn't make sense.

SO if there is an edge to the univers.... whats on the other side?

Look at it like this, IF the universe has a size and shape... then it cn fit in a big enough BOX... what is outside of the box?
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 03:24 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;45541 wrote:

SO if there is an edge to the univers.... whats on the other side?

Look at it like this, IF the universe has a size and shape... then it cn fit in a big enough BOX... what is outside of the box?

That steps into multiverse theory. That's a WHOLE 'nother world right there! (no pun intended Smile )
0 Replies