Giuliani predicts 'formidable' Clinton-Obama

mlurp

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 07:25 pm
It is all about winning not what is best for America. And the winning thing starts again once in office, th emoney the friends who need payback and future friends who will donate large sums for some chnge or new bill. It sickens me so much. And this clown is for Abortion and Gun Control. What happened to any American can run for president? That is a joke about as funny as all these clowns on both sides trying to become the most powerful.
What happened to the Washington's who when leaving office went home. What happend to the real presidents like Ike or Kennedy? What happened to America?

Giuliani predicts 'formidable' Clinton-Obama Democratic ticket Sun Oct 7, 6:16 PM ET

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Former New York mayor Rudolph Giuliani, frontrunner for the 2008 Republican presidential nomination, is predicting that Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama will team up to form the Democrats' White House ticket, US media reported Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT

"I believe she will be the nominee, and Senator Obama will be the vice presidential nominee," Giuliani said in remarks reported by the Washington Post.

"That's the candidacy we are going to be facing, and that is a very formidable candidacy," he said in an interview conducted late last week.

Clinton, who is vying to make history by becoming America's first woman president, has opened up a sizeable lead over the rest of the Democratic field, including Obama, who aspires to be the first African American president.

Many political observers agree with Giuliani that the former first lady is opening up a sizeable lead for the Democratic nomination.

The ex-mayor's prediction of an eventual Obama vice-presidential nod goes against conventional wisdom, however.

"He's kind of earned it," Giuliani said. "He brings a kind of enthusiasm to the ticket that everyone desires and likes to have."

He called Republicans "underdogs" in the 2008 race for the White House and said the party would have to abandon its "old playbook" if it hopes to win in the election, 13 months away.

That old strategy -- which Giuliani said would lead his party to "sure defeat" -- would "rule out" 15 to 20 states, "concentrate on the base" and hope to win the key swing states of Ohio and Florida.

Giuliani insisted that if he were the nominee, he could put more states in play for Republicans.

"We have to have a candidate that can run in all 50 states," said Giuliani, who also has said he is the Republican contender with the best chances of beating Clinton in a head-to-head match-up.

"We should give ourselves the best chance to win," he said. And a self rightous blank blank to boot.
Giuliani predicts 'formidable' Clinton-Obama Democratic ticket - Yahoo! News
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,070 • Replies: 10
No top replies

92b16vx

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 08:42 pm
@mlurp,
I don't tihnk Obama will get the VP nomination, maybe Edwards. Hitlery will rape Julie, republicans don't even like him. The war, guns, family values, abortion, he will be destroyed.
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 09:11 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;40740 wrote:
I don't tihnk Obama will get the VP nomination, maybe Edwards. Hitlery will rape Julie, republicans don't even like him. The war, guns, family values, abortion, he will be destroyed.

This is true, although the Anti-Bush push makes this less true then it would be otherwise. It's moot anyways because the Anti-Bush nature eliminated a morally conservative republican from the race. Basically anything that reminds a voter of Bush will be a losing candidate in 2008, realistically Thompson and Romney are already non options (although I would really like Thompson)

Giuliani is the single electable candidate among the GOP front runners. He holds national respect, does extremely well among moderates, and will draw the conservative vote from the GOP should he win the primary.

He'll then tap, or try to tap Colin Powell as VP. Paul will re enter the race as an independent after the primaries conclude as an independent, and Hitlery will option Obama or Edwards as VP. That decision will depend largely on how bad she needs votes. She will learn towards Edwards but need for victory will place Obama in her camp I believe. With Rudy's counter of Powell, either will be decimated in the VP debates as Powell garners respect and trust across party lines. That's why he got out of the Bush camp. It is no random coincidence that Rudy and Colin shared the same security detail during public speaking last summer.
92b16vx

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 09:57 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;40766 wrote:

Giuliani is the single electable candidate among the GOP front runners. He holds national respect, does extremely well among moderates, and will draw the conservative vote from the GOP should he win the primary.

The only candidate in the GOP that can, and would beat Hitlery is Ron Paul. The religious right has already christianed him as their candidate because of his family values, and pro-life stance, gun advocates, constitutionalist, wing-nuts, democrats that can't handle Hitlery, staunch toe the line republicans, and an army of people that would otherwise not vote. Clinging to the "elecetable" BS line is going to cost the GOP the election. All the "frontrunners" suck, Julie being the LEAST republican of the group, and the MSM "frontrunner" tells you something right there. Republicans are destined to lose if they cling to that crap. America wants itself back from the neocons, and Julie is a neocon lapdog, and a one trick pony, too bad his show is over before it began.
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 10:00 am
@mlurp,
meanwhile Paul isn't even worth mentioning outside of cell phone polling, let's see Ron Paul win a primary, then we'll talk

I'm betting we won't
aaronssongs

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 11:15 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;40770 wrote:
The only candidate in the GOP that can, and would beat Hitlery is Ron Paul. The religious right has already christianed him as their candidate because of his family values, and pro-life stance, gun advocates, constitutionalist, wing-nuts, democrats that can't handle Hitlery, staunch toe the line republicans, and an army of people that would otherwise not vote. Clinging to the "elecetable" BS line is going to cost the GOP the election. All the "frontrunners" suck, Julie being the LEAST republican of the group, and the MSM "frontrunner" tells you something right there. Republicans are destined to lose if they cling to that crap. America wants itself back from the neocons, and Julie is a neocon lapdog, and a one trick pony, too bad his show is over before it began.

Yeah, but given the current climate of anti-conservative sentiment, and anti-Bush-ism...Giuliani is the best bet to go up against Hillary. Paul is too leftist..and everybody else is just George Bush "rehashed". The Republican Party, if it knows what's good for it, will realize that the Dems had to come more "center of left", and they need to come more "center of right" to even consider keeping the WH, much less the Senate and the House, and governorships. word.
92b16vx

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 11:17 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;40771 wrote:
meanwhile Paul isn't even worth mentioning outside of cell phone polling, let's see Ron Paul win a primary, then we'll talk

I'm betting we won't

That line is so tired it isn't even funny anymore, especially after he WON 13 out of 29 straw polls, and placed 2nd or 3rd in almost all the rest. That's right, polls, where people went and voted, not a selected list of registered republicans that have voted in X number of elections from the same address having the same phone number forthe last 20 years.

You can cling to your one trick pony if you want to, and watch the GOP go down in flames, or you can get behind a man that can save the country, and the party.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 11:21 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;40776 wrote:
Yeah, but given the current climate of anti-conservative sentiment, and anti-Bush-ism...Giuliani is the best bet to go up against Hillary. Paul is too leftist..and everybody else is just George Bush "rehashed". The Republican Party, if it knows what's good for it, will realize that the Dems had to come more "center of left", and they need to come more "center of right" to even consider keeping the WH, much less the Senate and the House, and governorships. word.

He is FAR from "leftist", the only issue he shares with the left, which also happens to be the same side of the issue as 70% of America, is the war. Aside from that he is so right wing it hurts.

Giuliani wrote:
Di you see what I did on 9/11? During 9/11 I...Iraq, 9/11, does this dress make me look fat 9/11? I am for abortion 9/11, did you see me at the towers after 9/11? Oh yea, did I mention all the great stuff I did during 9/11? Saddam 9/11?

It's sad, and no, if he is the nominee for the GOP, I garantee we WILL lose.
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 02:12 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;40770 wrote:

Well put. But Silverchild is right he has to win or the choice is bad to worst which is saying "business as usual" Now I have to find the place to register to vote here in Topeka. The woman who was a republican told me and when I went to the address it was closed. Leave it to a republican to mis direct you! looool
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 12:30 am
@mlurp,
hey, look.

another win for ron paul in the straw poll.

wheres rudy tootie, fresh and fruity? no where to be found.
Despite Showing Up In Person, Romney Loses Nev. Straw Poll - First Read - msnbc.com

Mlurp-- go here:
Kansas Secretary of State - FAQ - Elections & Legislative
92b16vx

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 12:51 am
@briansol,
briansol;41609 wrote:
hey, look.

another win for ron paul in the straw poll.

wheres rudy tootie, fresh and fruity? no where to be found.
Despite Showing Up In Person, Romney Loses Nev. Straw Poll - First Read - msnbc.com

It is so funny to hear the "unelectable" crowd whine and cry about phone spammers, but then Ron Paul places 1st in almost half the straw polls, and 2nd or third in the other 95%. Every single poll outside of the MSMs control he devastates all the other candidates, and it is HILARIOUS!!!

The time is now people. The only chance to beat Hitlery is to get behind the only candidate that can give America back to it's rightful owners....the people.
0 Replies