Private Contractor's & Bill Gates Idea???

mlurp

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 02:00 pm
Gates to investigate contractors in Iraq - Yahoo! News
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 909 • Replies: 4
No top replies

wvpeach

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 05:02 pm
@mlurp,
" luring soldiers out of uniform by offering them higher salaries to become mercenaries"

Does this surprise anybody ?

I have been watching Gates testify before the appropriations committee on c-span this week. Because Bush has asked for another 200 billion war supplemental.

Boy did old Byrd give it to him. Byrd is the chairman of the appropriations committee . Byrd is old and kinda a nut , but he reminds me of a old southern baptist preacher the way he tries to holler and carry on. Byrd told them in no certain terms that... .... this time,.... this time,....this time,....this time you will not get everything you ask for ! Thats the way he talks. All the while waving his hands! Cracks me up better than a comedy show. But he is real serious.

I have seen Gates testify before Congress twice now and my gut tells me he is a good and honest man who has the countries best interests at heart. Don't know how Bush found him. Oh well even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile is what my grandpa used to say! :p
92b16vx

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 05:40 pm
@mlurp,
I had a buddy kicked out of the Army because he was a rampant alcoloholic, only to wind up running into him in Iraq working under the DoD as a civilian contractor making $88,000 a year...starting, doing the same job he did in the Army.
wvpeach

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 04:53 am
@92b16vx,
Thats scary! Wonder just how often they do random drug tests on the Mercs? Then I wonder if they find drugs do they slap their hands and tell them to be good or do they fire them?

92b16vx;39396 wrote:
I had a buddy kicked out of the Army because he was a rampant alcoloholic, only to wind up running into him in Iraq working under the DoD as a civilian contractor making $88,000 a year...starting, doing the same job he did in the Army.
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 10:34 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;39387 wrote:
" luring soldiers out of uniform by offering them higher salaries to become mercenaries"

Does this surprise anybody ?

I have been watching Gates testify before the appropriations committee on c-span this week. Because Bush has asked for another 200 billion war supplemental.

Boy did old Byrd give it to him. Byrd is the chairman of the appropriations committee . Byrd is old and kinda a nut , but he reminds me of a old southern baptist preacher the way he tries to holler and carry on. Byrd told them in no certain terms that... .... this time,.... this time,....this time,....this time you will not get everything you ask for ! Thats the way he talks. All the while waving his hands! Cracks me up better than a comedy show. But he is real serious.

I have seen Gates testify before Congress twice now and my gut tells me he is a good and honest man who has the countries best interests at heart. Don't know how Bush found him. Oh well even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile is what my grandpa used to say! :p

Why do you think Bush will veto this bill before him on Children Health care. 35 million more than he asked for. Yet he stated he was for the children heath and what about laura. isn't she doing things for children. But 35 million for the war is 35 million more to make up the billions (no-body counts or keeps track of) each month this drags on. And they plan 5 years or more already. Your grand children's grandchild will be paying for if we last that long.
wvpeach your references of Byrd are right on. But I think at his age he can't help wailing his arms and head. Retirement isn't in his vocabulary
0 Replies