Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 10:09 pm
Are we going to see an LP candidate in 2008? I know we're all rooting for Dr. Paul, but what if he doesn't win? Badnarik again?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 902 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 09:43 am
@Freeman15,
I hope so, it helps our camp. And not all of us are rooting for ronny.
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 10:29 am
@Freeman15,
Actually the LP hurts the GOP badly in congressional elections, and makes GOP presidential candidates work harder.

Green is to DNC as LP is to GOP.

Do some research please.
92b16vx

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 10:44 am
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;35704 wrote:
Actually the LP hurts the GOP badly in congressional elections, and makes GOP presidential candidates work harder.

Do some research please.

This election the Libertarian support that Ron Paul is generating for the republican party is going to hurt the GOP worse than it ever has. LOTS of actual republicans are being turned away from the sheeples choices, and MSM fanboys. I personally know quite a few people that voted for Reagan, and Bush Sr. that are going to vote RP, or not at all. Anyone that votes simply to Toe the party line, when the party has left all it's principles behind is a fool, and deserves the backlash they are going to get across thei faces.
0 Replies

Crito

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 07:13 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;35704 wrote:

Do some research please.

Actually, it's the Democrats who want to outlaw everything from cigarettes to junk food. Libertarians appeal to social liberals as much as they do to fiscal conservatives.

Al Gore would make an excellent Green though FWIW.
Freeman15

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 04:09 pm
@Crito,
Crito;35824 wrote:
Actually, it's the Democrats who want to outlaw everything from cigarettes to junk food. Libertarians appeal to social liberals as much as they do to fiscal conservatives.

Al Gore would make an excellent Green though FWIW.

Generally speaking, and statistically speaking, the LP acts as a spoiler for the GOP more times than the DNC. Though you're right, we do attract many social liberals who practice misguided economics.
0 Replies

Crito

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 09:40 pm
@Freeman15,
Spoliers are people who continue to vote for Democrats and Republicans. But you're right, the Libertarian party isn't much of an alternative these days, as it too has been infiltrated by evil.
Freeman15

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 09:57 pm
@Crito,
Crito;36043 wrote:
Spoliers are people who continue to vote for Democrats and Republicans. But you're right, the Libertarian party isn't much of an alternative these days, as it too has been infiltrated by evil.

Has it now?

I've met Michael Badnarik and I know him to be a man of principle and honesty (the presidential and congressional candidate).
0 Replies