Firearms Legislation

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 09:35 pm
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Now, as I read my copy of the Constitution, I don't see another amendment repealing this right (I could be wrong, but I'm not).

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people."

Amendment 10 clearly states that if the government is not delegated authority under the Constitution in a realm of influence, they have no authority in that realm.

So I ask:

From where does the Federal government derive the authority to pass laws outlawing military-grade weapons, limiting magazine capacities, and demanding registration?

I believe that if a law-abiding citizen wishes to own a weapon, from a knife to a fighter jet, they ought to be able to go out and purchase it. Nuclear Biological and Chemical weapons should be permitted only if they can be safely contained, as whereas a rifle or plane is harmless until used, WMD's can harm others and their property simply through existing.

Thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,449 • Replies: 26
No top replies

92b16vx

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 09:50 pm
@Freeman15,
I'd say we are lock step on this issue Smile
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 09:59 pm
@Freeman15,
We're both Paul supporters, of course we are. Dr. No in 2008.
0 Replies

lancesorbenson

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 10:27 pm
@Freeman15,
Support Ron Paul and support the 2nd Amendment! Nice post Freeman.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 09:36 am
@Freeman15,
Or don't support ronny and still support the second amendment.
All of the sudden this turns into a Ron Paul endorsement, LOL.
tvsej

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 09:39 am
@Freeman15,
Good point
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 09:55 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;35665 wrote:
Or don't support ronny and still support the second amendment.
All of the sudden this turns into a Ron Paul endorsement, LOL.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 10:09 am
@Freeman15,
So, doesn't mean they will do it if in power.
92b16vx

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 10:11 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;35683 wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weren't you the one accusing Ron Paul of being power hungry? Maybe it was another forum, I'll have to look.
0 Replies

tvsej

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 10:11 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;35683 wrote:

I think its more like both sides of the coin, voters against, think he is with them, apposing side, likewise. Spin spin spin woo I am dissy!
92b16vx

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 10:16 am
@tvsej,
tvsej;35686 wrote:
I think its more like both sides of the coin, voters against, think he is with them, apposing side, likewise. Spin spin spin woo I am dissy!

Ron Paul auctions off rifles at fundraisers.

Ghouliani instituted gun control in NY
McCain supports gun control
Thompson has voted numerous times for gun control in the senate
Romney whole heartedly supports the Brady Bill, and the AWB

They are all RINO garbage. McCain is the least dangerous to our rights, but still a danger.
lancesorbenson

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 10:22 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;35683 wrote:

Would you let a convicted but "reformed" child molester baby-sit your kid? Probably not. We judge people on what they've done in the past because it's a reasonable indicator of what they'll do in the future. This is simple stuff that most people learn somewhere around the third-grade.
0 Replies

tvsej

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 10:26 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;35690 wrote:
Ron Paul auctions off rifles at fundraisers.

Ghouliani instituted gun control in NY
McCain supports gun control
Thompson has voted numerous times for gun control in the senate
Romney whole heartedly supports the Brady Bill, and the AWB

They are all RINO garbage. McCain is the least dangerous to our rights, but still a danger.

You have proved my point exactly.
92b16vx

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 10:36 am
@tvsej,
tvsej;35702 wrote:
You have proved my point exactly.
0 Replies

tvsej

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 10:44 am
@Freeman15,
Thank you 92 for the clearification, I must say, I am really out of touch with my countries politics. It is my own fault. I am totally pro-gun, I really have nothing to say about any candidate except Hillary and I did study up a bit on Obamanation because I am appauled (spell police)he is even being considered in light of 9/11. Obama, Osama that was enough for me truely! Shallow , yeah maybe but I don't care.
92b16vx

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 10:47 am
@tvsej,
tvsej;35715 wrote:
Thank you 92 for the clearification, I must say, I am really out of touch with my countries politics. It is my own fault. I am totally pro-gun, I really have nothing to say about any candidate except Hillary and I did study up a bit on Obamanation because I am appauled he is even being considered in light of 9/11. Obama, Osama that was enough for me truely! Shallow , yeah maybe but I don't care.

Me and my wife thought long and hard about staying in Germany when I got out, but gun control and TUV moved us back to the states. When my son reaches Jr. high age, we are seriously considering moving back since the school system there makes Americas look like it's derived from the Congo.
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 10:48 am
@Freeman15,
I was really hoping for a gun-control advocate to chime in here. I guess not?
92b16vx

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 10:51 am
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;35719 wrote:
I was really hoping for a gun-control advocate to chime in here. I guess not?

I advocate gun control. Trigger squeeze, and breathe control is esential to a good shot, you must control your firearm to hit a target Razz
0 Replies

tvsej

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 10:52 am
@Freeman15,
You got that right.
I do luckly enjoy the gun club my husband and I belong to, it is the only way to practice and just have a blast (literally)! There is a concealed weapons license you can get here but it takes sometime and you need a good reason to have it. Coming soon my man will have that reason, I can't wait. Come on back, we'll drink a Bier!
92b16vx

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 10:54 am
@tvsej,
tvsej;35724 wrote:
You got that right.
I do luckly enjoy the gun club my husband and I belong to, it is the only way to practice and just have a blast (literally)! There is a concealed weapons license you can get here but it takes sometime and you need a good reason to have it. Coming soon my man will have that reason, I can't wait. Come on back, we'll drink a Bier!
0 Replies