70 year old arrested in utah for not watering lawn

wvpeach

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 03:45 pm
Bloodied 70-year-old woman cuffed for having a brown lawn - CNN.com

Well I'll scratch Utah off my list as another place I would not live.

arresting 70 year olds for not watering the lawn.

Come on folks and we live in a free country?

HAH ! Not anymore.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 858 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 08:02 am
@wvpeach,
Don't want to go to jail, don't break the law.
wvpeach

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 09:20 am
@Drnaline,
better yet I will not live where they make laws about watering my lawn , for or against. That is my business and nobody elses.
mlurp

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 09:15 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;38289 wrote:
better yet I will not live where they make laws about watering my lawn , for or against. That is my business and nobody elses.

You might someday if not now be in an area where using the water to water the lawn isn't allowed or different address have different days. America, don't you love it?
Freeman15

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 11:01 pm
@mlurp,
Yet another example of uniformed police screwing the pooch.

Raise the standards, mandate BA's, this 60 hours at community college doesn't cut it. All of my dad's cop buddies (DE State Police/Newark PD) from the 70's and 80's that I've met understand what you do, and what you don't do. Find a kid with half a dime bag? Dump the weed and send him home with a stern word or two. Old lady being a bitch? Let her, she's old, she's earned it.

I HATE uniformed police officers. They work uniform because they can't get promoted to the tactical/investigative positions, or they're new.
mlurp

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 11:11 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;38418 wrote:

Raise the standards, mandate BA's, this 60 hours at community college doesn't cut it. All of my dad's cop buddies (DE State Police/Newark PD) from the 70's and 80's that I've met understand what you do, and what you don't do. Find a kid with half a dime bag? Dump the weed and send him home with a stern word or two. Old lady being a ***? Let her, she's old, she's earned it.

I HATE uniformed police officers. They work uniform because they can't get promoted to the tactical/investigative positions, or they're new.

I agree police need to have more control. But the fact that more and more police departments have sent officers to Federal training centers and even local drug bust involves several federal agency. It is a sign of the times. People control! God, thank you for allowing me to live in these times.
Yes do mre to have a social encounter. heck I if ever stopped consider I am in his office and telling Him I know my rights. lol Will get me him showing me how mch time he can waste and how little freedon I have tilll he mves his office. hands on the steering wheel while he approches. Yea I want a America that I don't have to fear or say they are stupid about those whom are to protect us!
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 04:08 am
@mlurp,
No I will not, and by choice.

I live on a 140 acre farm that backs up to 1800 acres of national forrest.

Everybody in my holler owns some acreage , some a LOT of land.

We're out here in the boonies so people will not bother us with crap like this.

Besides I save my water for my vegetables . Could care less if the lawn turns brown just means I will have to mow it less.

And it sure has stayed green this summer , needs mowed now.

mlurp;38396 wrote:
You might someday if not now be in an area where using the water to water the lawn isn't allowed or different address have different days. America, don't you love it?
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 04:15 am
@Freeman15,
Let me just start by saying got a couple of friends who are cops and in the past dated one who was a decent guy.

Sold homes to several too and while some are decent human beings , most are not.When I had my own mortgage company I never saw a worse credit criminal than most of the cops who applied for home loans. They never pay their bills and they are stupid to boot when you try to talk finances with them.

But as freeman says below I also sold a home to the police chief of 28 years in my home town and he would dump the kids beer or dime bag , send them home then call their parents . But those kind of cops are becoming a rarity.

The kind of cop that hassled this old lady is much more common.

Freeman15;38418 wrote:

Raise the standards, mandate BA's, this 60 hours at community college doesn't cut it. All of my dad's cop buddies (DE State Police/Newark PD) from the 70's and 80's that I've met understand what you do, and what you don't do. Find a kid with half a dime bag? Dump the weed and send him home with a stern word or two. Old lady being a ***? Let her, she's old, she's earned it.

0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 11:10 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;38277 wrote:

That's kinda odd.

Forced to water one's lawn. That means you live in a house. That also means that you pay for your water from the DPU. Which means that the government is using the law to pull money from your pocket.

Last time I checked, they call those things "Taxes". Don't conservatives hate these things?
Mad as Hell in NC

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 05:47 pm
@wvpeach,
Meanwhile the carjackings, robberies and rapes continue. What a waste of law enforcement time and recources.

Mad
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 06:31 pm
@Sabz5150,
good point !

I never thought of it this way.

Sabz5150;39181 wrote:
That's kinda odd.

Forced to water one's lawn. That means you live in a house. That also means that you pay for your water from the DPU. Which means that the government is using the law to pull money from your pocket.

Last time I checked, they call those things "Taxes". Don't conservatives hate these things?
0 Replies

AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 06:36 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;38277 wrote:
Hell no not all laws are right...
mlurp

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 10:27 pm
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
What were these cops thinking? don't they have mothers? Like I said this is a direct result from years of local law enforcement being trained by Federal law enforcement agency's. plus some places lower their standards when they need to. Bottom line a state makes a lot of $ from law enforcement writing tickets and making charges so the courts (already backed up in most areas) can charge court cost. that is about $100.00 averaged out for the 3,500 counties or so.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 09:06 am
@wvpeach,
This is one sided argument. Saying its wrong...

If I buy a house, it is an investment, people are tired of their neighbors bringing THEIR home value down, so they created THE HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION and Lobbied for laws. this 70 year old woman, was either apart of it from the beginning OR she moved into it, and before the house is purchased she was informed of the rules.

Bottom line, if you dont want to play by the rules, dont bitch when you pay the consequences.
mlurp

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 12:07 pm
@rugonnacry,
I agree as I to live in a community that has rules. One is about boats and trailer in the driveway. But I see them all over during the summer. And no police have been called. Just maybe some tolerance as some situations are not the same for all involved. Besides
I bet her neighbors are earning a lot more than her. But I don't know that for a fact. But we all can show some restraint and helping others out.
Besides she is a 70 year old lady and maybe never been in trouble with the law or broken any other rule in her life. So again the almight dollar take precedence over thoughtfulness.
0 Replies