• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,095 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 09:14 am
@FedUpAmerican,
My stance on gays in the military is the same as my stance on gay teachers

Sexually has no place in a professional or education enviornment. The teachers sexual preference should never come up, be it straight gay or beastial
aaronssongs

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 10:54 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;42194 wrote:

Sexually has no place in a professional or education enviornment. The teachers sexual preference should never come up, be it straight gay or beastial

Really! So there's no "double standard", in the military...if not, what about all the sexual harassment cases, and Abu Gharib shenanigans?
Like (hetero)sexuality is missing from the military...
You need to stop smoking whatever it is you're smoking, and come back to Earth. People in the military "have sex"....and that goes for straight people and gay people. Is it an issue "professionally speaking"??? Well, that's the issue, isn't it?
And on the contrary....sexuality does have a place in an educational environment. If sex and sexual health are not being taught in the home, they had better well be taught in school, age appropriately, by professionals.
Teachers who are found to be lacking in integrity and engage in or attempt inappropriate behavior with students, ought to be fired and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 11:48 am
@FedUpAmerican,
what are you talking about

Sexuality does not belong in the military because it's a professional atmosphere. What they do in their spare time behind closed door off duty is their business IMO. There are a bunch a laws in the military which are on the books but rarely enforced. Such as you can't catch a BJ from your wife in your own home, doesn't mean they're enforced. I worked with an openly gay woman in the military, nobody cared.

You talk about Abu Ghraib and sexual harassment cases in the military as if it's sanctioned. There are full inquiries in all of these cases when reported by the victim and numerous people are in military prison right now for their conduct.

Sexual Education belongs in school, sexuality does not. There's a difference. Teaching kids about safe sex, birth control, abstinence, STD's, reproduction, & health care are necessary for a proper education. Individual teachers disclosing their sexual appetite, preference, and moral views on sexuality is wrong, whether they're for, against, or indifferent to homosexuality

clear that up for you?
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 12:25 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
made to much sense. If you dont agree with his personal opinions, that you are wrong
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 02:46 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;42204 wrote:

Sexuality does not belong in the military because it's a professional atmosphere. What they do in their spare time behind closed door off duty is their business IMO. There are a bunch a laws in the military which are on the books but rarely enforced. Such as you can't catch a BJ from your wife in your own home, doesn't mean they're enforced. I worked with an openly gay woman in the military, nobody cared.

You talk about Abu Ghraib and sexual harassment cases in the military as if it's sanctioned. There are full inquiries in all of these cases when reported by the victim and numerous people are in military prison right now for their conduct.

Sexual Education belongs in school, sexuality does not. There's a difference. Teaching kids about safe sex, birth control, abstinence, STD's, reproduction, & health care are necessary for a proper education. Individual teachers disclosing their sexual appetite, preference, and moral views on sexuality is wrong, whether they're for, against, or indifferent to homosexuality

clear that up for you?

Perfect.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 02:57 pm
@Silverchild79,

clear that up for you?

If it weren't for your support of Ghouliani, I'd almost think you were a perfectly rational human being :wtf:
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 03:28 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;42194 wrote:

Well as long as the professionals don't take the step to engage with those they are in charge of. So far all I have heard is some high schoolers getting better than I did while in school. You know male on female. but that isn't proper as the law has shown in each case made public. Now I left out the Priest. But the Church has paid for that stupid action that allowed it to continue. Some real hypocrites in that group. And they have the Bible that says what is in the dark will be brought into the light. That is a real "what were they thinking"
aaronssongs

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 03:30 pm
@Silverchild79,

My position is you can be in denial all you want...sexuality exist in the military.
Whether it's appropriate or not is another matter. Professionalism ought to be the gold standard. (did you think I was saying otherwise?)

And rightfully so. Let's not pretend that the military is some fantasy world that doesn't reflect "real life" and sexual situations. Some folks act accordingly, and some do not, as in civilian life.

clear that up for you?

Sexual education, does, indeed, belong in school. But for you to assume that sexuality does not exist in school, is to be naive to the extreme...I suppose teen age girls get pregnant via immaculate conception...and teen age boys sow their wild oats, surreptitiously, with no one the wiser, or perhaps wait until college. Yeah, and I have bridge in Brooklyn to sell you, for cheap.
Homosexuality should be taught as a variant of normal, so that school age kids , coming of age, who happen to be gravitating to homosexuality, don't feel like the lonesome strangers. I'm clear, you clear?
Silverchild79

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 03:35 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;42251 wrote:

Sexual education, does, indeed, belong in school. But for you to assume that sexuality does not exist in school, is to be naive to the extreme...I suppose teen age girls get pregnant via immaculate conception...and teen age boys sow their wild oats, surreptitiously, with no one the wiser, or perhaps wait until college. Yeah, and I have bridge in Brooklyn to sell you, for cheap.
Homosexuality should be taught as a variant of normal, so that school age kids , coming of age, who happen to be gravitating to homosexuality, don't feel like the lonesome strangers. I'm clear, you clear?

sometimes I think you misinterprit me on purpose...

When I said sexuality should be kept out of school, I meant the teachers. You obviously cannot prevent kids from having sex in high school, that's impossible and nowhere did I imply that. Teachers should leave their sexuality out of the classroom, one way or another. As far as teachers teaching that homosexuality is normal, that again is opinion and then you're teaching morality. Leave it up to the family to teach morality. And leave political or sexual influence by teachers out of the classroom period. Kids to go school to get an education, not an indoctrination...
mlurp

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 03:36 pm
@mlurp,
Quote: Sexual Education belongs in school, sexuality does not. There's a difference. Teaching kids about safe sex, birth control, abstinence, STD's, reproduction, & health care are necessary for a proper education. Individual teachers disclosing their sexual appetite, preference, and moral views on sexuality is wrong, whether they're for, against, or indifferent to homosexuality End Quote,
I never had the kind of sexual education as they do today and I did alright as I respect a womens right to say no. And I know better to not understand NO! What about other here who grew up without sexual ed classes? What thoughts do you have on this?
But then the teens I knew didn't have all these STD and grave results. But I am not saying this is wrong to have classes on these topics. I am just asking about us older people.
And by the way my first time was when I was 17+ years of age. I believed my mom. She said it would fall off if I did put it in places or used it wrongly. loool
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 07:47 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;42254 wrote:
sometimes I think you misinterprit me on purpose...

When I said sexuality should be kept out of school, I meant the teachers. You obviously cannot prevent kids from having sex in high school, that's impossible and nowhere did I imply that. Teachers should leave their sexuality out of the classroom, one way or another. As far as teachers teaching that homosexuality is normal, that again is opinion and then you're teaching morality. Leave it up to the family to teach morality. And leave political or sexual influence by teachers out of the classroom period. Kids to go school to get an education, not an indoctrination...

-I don't misinterpret you on purpose...and I don't misinterprit you at all, ok?
Damn Cam, if you can't pull out a dictionary, why do I clamor at all for anyone else to? I'm telling you here and now...you have no excuse, so I don't even want to hear it.
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 06:25 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;42254 wrote:
. Teachers should leave their sexuality out of the classroom, one way or another. As far as teachers teaching that homosexuality is normal, that again is opinion and then you're teaching morality. Leave it up to the family to teach morality. And leave political or sexual influence by teachers out of the classroom period. Kids to go school to get an education, not an indoctrination...
I agree with this portion of your post. But the Federal Government Department of Education seems to think they can do this, period. We read about it every week. And we have voted and voted to have different results. yet now condoms are now being against parents approval to kids.
So what is a good parent to do?
0 Replies