12 Captains Speak Out About Iraq

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 10:57 am
This is from the Washington Post. I posted it on my blog purely for my personal agenda.

Enjoy: Fed Up American: The REAL Iraq As Told By REAL Soldiers
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 909 • Replies: 5
No top replies

aaronssongs

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 06:22 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;42093 wrote:
This is from the Washington Post. I posted it on my blog purely for my personal agenda.

Enjoy: Fed Up American: The REAL Iraq As Told By REAL Soldiers

FedUp,
I was amazed what I heard of NPR today...it was an interview with an insider (a Middle East official? Iraqi citizen? a journalist?), who went on to describe the situation "on the ground"....he said, all of the deaths of Iraqis are going "unreported", many due to wounded and casualties never reaching hospitals, and being hastily buried...Americans not reporting or changing the figures, for propaganda purposes ( as if America doesn't lie!).
When bombings happen, innocents are targeted to teach a lesson to those who would resist and fire upon American troops. Some Iraqi citizens and officials even think that some provocateurs are enlisted and paid to execute "car bombings", to justify retaliation.
The idea that if the Americans leave that genocide and ethnic cleansing would occur, across the board, is viewed by many as propaganda and media hype...though some revenge might be acted out on a small scale, the country would settle down and all vested parties would undoubtedly seek reconciliation and repair of the country.
America is the aggressor, and the Iraqi people are just doing what we'd do if we were invaded by a foreign power...so how can they be blamed? Can you imagine how abnormal, how surreal their existence must be, and how unsure, knowing that attempting to lead a normal existence, in the middle of a war, is psychologically impossible.
I hate what is being done, in the name of freedom and the war against terrorism...it's not worth it, by any stretch of the imagination.
mlurp

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 06:36 pm
@aaronssongs,
Someone tell Bush this news and then both houses. If not wanted we need to pull out NOW! period end of story. And the only way that will happen is congress say to the president, you got the last penny your getting for Iraq! Now use what is left to redeploy our troops before Turkey, remember them. Invades and (I don't know how) starts WWIII. Unless Bush will send troop to attack Turkey. The
kurds shot themselfs in the foot. They had what they wanted for the most part. But the little guy had to provoke Turkey to do this. We need to leave now no matter who's dreams are at stake.
See what I said before that things are getting out of human control faster than they can get it back under control. Man I hate when I am right on some things.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 08:26 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;42149 wrote:
FedUp,
I was amazed what I heard of NPR today...it was an interview with an insider (a Middle East official? Iraqi citizen? a journalist?), who went on to describe the situation "on the ground"....he said, all of the deaths of Iraqis are going "unreported", many due to wounded and casualties never reaching hospitals, and being hastily buried...Americans not reporting or changing the figures, for propaganda purposes ( as if America doesn't lie!).
When bombings happen, innocents are targeted to teach a lesson to those who would resist and fire upon American troops. Some Iraqi citizens and officials even think that some provocateurs are enlisted and paid to execute "car bombings", to justify retaliation.
The idea that if the Americans leave that genocide and ethnic cleansing would occur, across the board, is viewed by many as propaganda and media hype...though some revenge might be acted out on a small scale, the country would settle down and all vested parties would undoubtedly seek reconciliation and repair of the country.
America is the aggressor, and the Iraqi people are just doing what we'd do if we were invaded by a foreign power...so how can they be blamed? Can you imagine how abnormal, how surreal their existence must be, and how unsure, knowing that attempting to lead a normal existence, in the middle of a war, is psychologically impossible.
I hate what is being done, in the name of freedom and the war against terrorism...it's not worth it, by any stretch of the imagination.

There is a movie being shown to American troops about the insurrgents called "Meeting Resistance." It is a documentary about the insurgency being made up of Iraqi citizens reacting to the American lead invasion of THEIR country. It is NOT made up of al Queada.

Check out the films website: Meeting Resistance: A film by Steve Connors & Molly Bingham

The troops are actually being asked the question:

"What would you do if your country was invaded?"
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 08:28 am
@mlurp,
mlurp;42153 wrote:
Man I hate when I am right on some things.

Welcome to MY world.
0 Replies

mommamia

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 08:32 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Quote:
"What would you do if your country was invaded?"

I plan to fight like hell.
0 Replies