Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 09:15 am
[INDENT]CAMP PENDLETON, California - A US Marine was ordered to execute a room full of terrified Iraqi women and children during an alleged massacre in Haditha that left 24 people dead, a military court heard Thursday.

The testimony came in the opening of a preliminary hearing for Marine Sergeant Frank Wuterich, who faces 17 counts of murder over the Haditha killings, the most serious war crimes allegations faced by US troops in Iraq.

Wuterich, dressed in desert khakis, spoke confidently to confirm his name as the hearing to decide if he faces a court martial began at the Marines' Camp Pendleton base in southern California.

The 27-year-old listened intently as Lance Corporal Humberto Mendoza recounted how Marines had responded after a roadside bomb attack on their convoy in Haditha on November 19, 2005 left one comrade dead.

Mendoza said Marines under Wuterich's command began clearing nearby houses suspected of containing insurgents responsible for the bombing.

At one house Wuterich gave an order to shoot on sight as Marines waited for a response after knocking on the door, said Mendoza.

"He said 'Just wait till they open the door, then shoot,'" Mendoza said. Mendoza then said he himself shot and killed an adult male who appeared in a doorway.

During a subsequent search of the house, Mendoza said he received an order from another Marine, Lance Corporal Stephen Tatum, to shoot seven women and children he had found in a rear bedroom.

"When I opened the door there was just women and kids, two adults were lying down on the bed and there were three children on the bed ... two more were behind the bed," Mendoza said.

"I looked at them for a few seconds. Just enough to know they were not presenting a threat ... they looked scared."

After leaving the room Mendoza told Tatum what he had found.

"I told him there were women and kids inside there. He said 'Well, shoot them,'" Mendoza told prosecutor Lieutenant Colonel Sean Sullivan.

"And what did you say to him?" Sullivan asked.

"I said 'But they're just women and children.' He didn't say nothing."

Mendoza said he returned to a position at the front of the house and heard a door open behind him followed by a loud noise. Returning later that afternoon to retrieve bodies, Mendoza said he found a room full of corpses. [/INDENT]

Yup. Iraq is far better off with American occupation than under Saddams rule. Saddam and Bin Laden COMBINED could not be as much of a terrorist as bush.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 841 • Replies: 14
No top replies

92b16vx

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 11:24 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Quote:
During a subsequent search of the house, Mendoza said he received an order from another Marine, Lance Corporal Stephen Tatum, to shoot seven women and children he had found in a rear bedroom.

Since when do Lance Corporals give orders?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 09:40 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Fed up don't care. Hell take the Dan Rather stance.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 10:54 am
@FedUpAmerican,
Yup. Iraq is far better off with American occupation than under Saddams rule. Saddam and Bin Laden COMBINED could not be as much of a terrorist as bush
crackface mcgee

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 11:35 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;34495 wrote:
Saddam and Bin Laden COMBINED could not be as much of a terrorist as bush

....and all credibility was lost with one sentence. :beat:
92b16vx

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 11:44 am
@crackface mcgee,
crackface_mcgee;34505 wrote:
....and all credibility was lost with one sentence. :beat:

So you're saying it's ok to kill a hundred times the civilians, as long as the intentions are good? Yea, ok.
crackface mcgee

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 11:51 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;34506 wrote:
So you're saying it's ok to kill a hundred times the civilians, as long as the intentions are good? Yea, ok.

Um, no. Did I say that? Enjoying a few bong hits for Labor Day, are we?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 01:07 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
:thumbdown:
Yup. Iraq is far better off with American occupation than under Saddams rule. Saddam and Bin Laden COMBINED could not be as much of a terrorist as bush

Yeah.....this is a genuinely assanine statement. :thumbdown:
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 01:58 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
LOL!

What the **** is "assassine?"

C'mon man, speak (or at least POST) in english.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 06:06 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Tell that too the kurds.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 07:38 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;34531 wrote:
LOL!

What the *** is "assassine?"

C'mon man, speak (or at least POST) in english.

You should have capitalized English.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 08:55 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Oh sure. I'll take grammar lessons from you.

Then I'll go ask a homeless person for investment advice.
politically-wrong

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 02:06 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;34470 wrote:
Fed up don't care. Hell take the Dan Rather stance.

OK Drnaline you do care , tell me what do you think of the murder of those women and children ? , tell me what do you think is the reason that made that guy give the order of killing them? do you think it was hatred? or did he really think they posed a threat?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 04:31 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;34655 wrote:
Oh sure. I'll take grammar lessons from you.

Then I'll go ask a homeless person for investment advice.

It's way too late for you to decide to start investing, Old Timer. Besides.....invest with what -- your welfare check? That's stretching it.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 05:47 am
@FedUpAmerican,
LOL!

Junior, your a joke.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!
0 Replies