Obama's agression

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 07:14 am
Hillary let us know this week in no uncertain terms that she would strike hard against Iran if they attacked Israel. I fear there is nothing that an Islamic nation could do to illicit a military strike by a "President Obama"?

What do you think? What would an Islamic nation have to do before Obama waged war?

Please keep in mind that the "Bush is a warmonger" debate has been more than thoroughly covered in this forum, so please stick to question presented above.

And yes...I'm aware that I misspelled "aggression" in the topic; but when I went to edit the post to correct it, I realized the topic line is not editable. Good thing that aaronssongs jackass isn't still around here to make spelling the issue! :-)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,292 • Replies: 67
No top replies

Sabz5150

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 07:27 am
@crackface mcgee,
crackface_mcgee;56672 wrote:
Hillary let us know this week in no uncertain terms that she would strike hard against Iran if they attacked Israel. I fear there is nothing that an Islamic nation could do to illicit a military strike by a "President Obama"?

What do you think? What would an Islamic nation have to do before Obama waged war?

Give him a real reason. Can't Israel protect itself? I mean, it's the most technologically advanced nation in that region, can't it lay down its own cans of whoopass?

Question for you: What's in it for us? What benefit do we gain by supporting the government of Israel? They're not exactly trying to douse the flames, either.
crackface mcgee

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 08:26 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;56673 wrote:
Give him a real reason. Can't Israel protect itself? I mean, it's the most technologically advanced nation in that region, can't it lay down its own cans of whoopass?

Question for you: What's in it for us? What benefit do we gain by supporting the government of Israel? They're not exactly trying to douse the flames, either.

This one is easy:

- Israel is the only functioning secular democracy in the Middle East. The U.S. values democracy and supports countries that embrace democratic values and are threatened by forces that do not value democracy.
- Israel is the only Middle Eastern country that has guaranteed to support the U.S. if and when we ever need it.
- Radical Islam hates and wants to destroy countries with democratic governments and Judeo-Christian values. Therefore, they hate Israel. On which side of that fence do we fall?

I know you would say that radical Muslims are justified in their hatred and resolve to destroy us and Israel, but I do not buy that, so that ridiculous notion does not factor into my reasoning. Anti-Semitism is very real and will always exist and is not something that can be justified or supported. That's why the U.S. must continue to support Israel, and the growing movement to the contrary among Democratic leaders in this country scares the hell out of me.
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 09:05 am
@crackface mcgee,
crackface_mcgee;56677 wrote:
This one is easy:

- Israel is the only functioning secular democracy in the Middle East. The U.S. values democracy and supports countries that embrace democratic values and are threatened by forces that do not value democracy.

So? Great for them.

Quote:
- Israel is the only Middle Eastern country that has guaranteed to support the U.S. if and when we ever need it.

Right. That's like you or me telling Schumacher we'll help him race.

Quote:
- Radical Islam hates and wants to destroy countries with democratic governments and Judeo-Christian values. Therefore, they hate Israel. On which side of that fence do we fall?

Same old song and dance. 800 years in the making. Ever think that the "democracy" part has less to play than the "judeo-christian" part? I think it does!

Like I said, Israel hasn't exactly done their fair share of cooling things down.

Quote:
I know you would say that radical Muslims are justified in their hatred and resolve to destroy us and Israel, but I do not buy that, so that ridiculous notion does not factor into my reasoning. Anti-Semitism is very real and will always exist and is not something that can be justified or supported. That's why the U.S. must continue to support Israel, and the growing movement to the contrary among Democratic leaders in this country scares the hell out of me.

And it scares the hell out of ME that Republican leaders, like these radicals, blindly follow a two thousand or so year old book.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 09:26 am
@crackface mcgee,
This one is easy:

"The US values democracy and supports countries that embrace democratic values and are threatened by forces that do not value democracy"

Your having a f*cking laugh :wtf:
0 Replies

crackface mcgee

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 10:13 am
@crackface mcgee,
To the rational, and to the majority, my rationale for supporting Israel makes perfect sense. Here's what I'm missing from Sabz5150 and Scooby-Doo - an answer to my question!

Don't answer my question with a question. Answer it with YOUR opinion! Is there ANY heinous act that radical Muslims could commit against Israel or the U.S. that you wouldn't justify? My fear is that your answer is "no" and my greater fear is that Obama would agree with you!
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 10:52 am
@crackface mcgee,
crackface_mcgee;56688 wrote:
To the rational, and to the majority, my rationale for supporting Israel makes perfect sense. Here's what I'm missing from Sabz5150 and Scooby-Doo - an answer to my question!

Don't answer my question with a question. Answer it with YOUR opinion! Is there ANY heinous act that radical Muslims could commit against Israel or the U.S. that you wouldn't justify? My fear is that your answer is "no" and my greater fear is that Obama would agree with you!

A real reason. Already told you that.

I don't mean a "We THINK they have WMDs" or "We THINK they support terrorism" or "We THINK they will attack us". Remember, that's what got us into Iraq, and all three accusations were incorrect.

Support for Israel comes for ONE reason only: Religion. Nothing more. There is no advantage to supplying the Israeli government.

It's also one of the reasons THEY don't like us. We let Israel walk all over everyone (SETTLEMENTS) and then attack anyone that smacks them in the face.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 10:54 am
@crackface mcgee,
Since I answered your question, Mcgee... I pose one of my own:

What heinous act would make the Right drop support for Israel? Even you can't say Israel hasn't done some not-so-nice stuff, such as breaking the ceasefire with Hamas.
crackface mcgee

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 10:58 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;56693 wrote:

What heinous act would make the Right drop support for Israel? Even you can't say Israel hasn't done some not-so-nice stuff, such as breaking the ceasefire with Hamas.

You didn't answer my question. You brought it back around to what Bush did that he shouldn't have done. You completely dodged the "what would it take to justify". That's because there is NOTHING HEINOUS enough in your head to justify retaliation against radical Muslims. You just won't admit it.
crackface mcgee

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 11:05 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;56678 wrote:

And it scares the hell out of ME that Republican leaders, like these radicals, blindly follow a two thousand or so year old book.

I'm going to make a couple of assumptions about you. Please correct me where I'm wrong:

Assumption #1 - You are an atheist.
Assumption #2 - It bothers you MUCH more for Christians to base their actions and opinions on how they read and interpret the Bible than it does for Muslims to base their actions and opinions on how they read and interpret the Koran.

The reason I assume #2 is because I have detected absolutely no outrage from you on the the violent actions by radical Muslims that they admittedly do for the glory of Allah.

Tell me where I am wrong in these assumptions.
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 11:42 am
@crackface mcgee,
crackface_mcgee;56696 wrote:
I'm going to make a couple of assumptions about you. Please correct me where I'm wrong:

Assumption #1 - You are an atheist.
Assumption #2 - It bothers you MUCH more for Christians to base their actions and opinions on how they read and interpret the Bible than it does for Muslims to base their actions and opinions on how they read and interpret the Koran.

The reason I assume #2 is because I have detected absolutely no outrage from you on the the violent actions by radical Muslims that they admittedly do for the glory of Allah.

Tell me where I am wrong in these assumptions.

Make no doubt, I do not condone in any form the actions done by radical Muslims. What you are turning into your Assumption #2 is the fact that I, unlike the party you side with, call out the CHRISTIAN radicals as well.

Me being an "atheist" has no bounds on this. You being a Christian however makes you biased towards them.

On the flipside of this coin, I can call out the following two assumptions:

#1: You are religiously driven and blinded by that drive.

#2: It bothers you MUCH more that Muslims are performing radical acts than fundamentalist Christians. The reason I make this is because I detect absolutely no outrage from the acts of the Judeo-Christian sects for the past two millenia.

Again, as you blame me of doing, you have not answered the question.
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 11:43 am
@crackface mcgee,
crackface_mcgee;56695 wrote:
You didn't answer my question. You brought it back around to what Bush did that he shouldn't have done. You completely dodged the "what would it take to justify". That's because there is NOTHING HEINOUS enough in your head to justify retaliation against radical Muslims. You just won't admit it.

I did, in the first post response.

Sabz5150 wrote:
Give him a real reason.

You just refuse to answer the one I posed because the answer in your head is "None".
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 11:49 am
@crackface mcgee,
Another question to pose, since I am here... if "The U.S. values democracy and supports countries that embrace democratic values and are threatened by forces that do not value democracy", then why did we overthrow Iran's DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT to install a dictator?

Your argument erodes QUICKLY with that single fact.
0 Replies

crackface mcgee

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 01:30 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;56697 wrote:

Me being an "atheist" has no bounds on this. You being a Christian however makes you biased towards them.

Your being "atheist" may have no bounds on this, but your being anti-Christian however makes you biased.
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 02:03 pm
@crackface mcgee,
crackface_mcgee;56703 wrote:
Your being "atheist" may have no bounds on this, but your being anti-Christian however makes you biased.

I am not anti-Christian. I am anti-fundamentalist, anti-extremist, anti-dogmatic.

This happens to include, unfortunately for you, a lot of the followers of Christianity.

Does your being anti-Muslim make you biased? Be careful with that one Wink

And still no answer to the one question I posed.:dunno:
crackface mcgee

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 02:25 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;56704 wrote:
I am not anti-Christian. I am anti-fundamentalist, anti-extremist, anti-dogmatic.

This happens to include, unfortunately for you, a lot of the followers of Christianity.

Does your being anti-Muslim make you biased? Be careful with that one Wink

And still no answer to the one question I posed.:dunno:

I am not anti-Muslim either. Anti-extremist, yes. Anti-terrorist, yes. And I believe that the vast majority of Muslims are "moderate" in that they do not promote religious-driven violence. Every reference I have made references the radical element of that religion.

You, on the other hand, have made derragatory statements about a political party that believes a book over 2,000 years old. A Christian's belief in the Bible is not "extremist". It is basic.

So I asked you a question about Obama. Your response basically pointed back at "not this" and "not that" that Bush did. You didn't answer the question I opened the thread with...so no response to yours! Remember this!

NOW....regarding unanswered questions, you've clearly been ALL OVER this board today, but have gone remarkably silent on the topic of Super Delegates. When do you expect to return to the General Election Topics and address the questions posed to you HOURS ago. Your only response there CLEARLY dodged all of my questions.
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 02:32 pm
@crackface mcgee,
crackface_mcgee;56707 wrote:
I am not anti-Muslim either. Anti-extremist, yes. Anti-terrorist, yes. And I believe that the vast majority of Muslims are "moderate" in that they do not promote religious-driven violence. Every reference I have made references the radical element of that religion.

Zero references to Christian extremism. The point is made.

Quote:
You, on the other hand, have made derragatory statements about a political party that believes a book over 2,000 years old. A Christian's belief in the Bible is not "extremist". It is basic.

Because that particular party is what I define as "religiously extremist". ANYBODY who calls a man saying America was founded to destroy Islam his "spiritual adviser" is WAY on the extremist side of the scale. Any political party in bed with televangelists is WAY on the extremist side of the scale.

Also, ever wonder how old the Koran is?

Quote:
So I asked you a question about Obama. Your response basically pointed back at "not this" and "not that" that Bush did. You didn't answer the question I opened the thread with...so no response to yours! Remember this!

I said thusly, and multiple times: Give him a REAL reason.

So, to recap:

Response --> When he has a real reason. <-- esnopseR

Quote:
NOW....regarding unanswered questions, you've clearly been ALL OVER this board today, but have gone remarkably silent on the topic of Super Delegates. When do you expect to return to the General Election Topics and address the questions posed to you HOURS ago. Your only response there CLEARLY dodged all of my questions.

About the time you stop dodging my question about Israel. Besides, if you want to know, the whole super delegate idea is stupid.

Now, McGee... I have answered your questions in full. Your turn.
0 Replies

crackface mcgee

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 03:12 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;56693 wrote:

Mass killings of innocents in the name of Judaism (or any religion), unprovoked attacks on other governments (you'll say they do this now but you think America was the aggressor who provoked 9/11 and I will never agree), support of dictators with cruel, murderous regimes, the list could go on....all hypotheticals.

Fortunately, as of now, I do not consider support of Israel to be strictly a value of "the Right", unless you consider Hillary Clinton to be right-winged. Unfortunately, I see too many on "the Left" (a.k.a., Jimmy Carter and I fear Barack Obama) moving away from their support of Israel and getting in bed with supporters of terrorism (I know you think it's 'provoked terrorism' but I will never agree) like Hamas.

You will inevitably disagree with what I have said. I will inevitably disagree with your arguments. BTW, your Response --> "when he has a good reason" <---esnopseR is about as vague as you could possibly get. Do you really think you answered my question?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 06:07 pm
@crackface mcgee,
This one is easy:

- Israel is the only functioning secular democracy in the Middle East.

Wait, did you say secular!? Israel isn't secular, for chris'sakes they have a ******* religious symbol on their flag (star of david). Imagine if the US had a crucifix on our flag! and Israel was founded as a jewish nation!

One major aim of the government was to gather in all Jews who wished to immigrate to Israel. This led to the 1950 Law of the Return, which provided for free and automatic citizenship for all immigrant Jews.

Would any secular government give automatic citizenship to members of a certain religious group? Certainly not!
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 07:05 pm
@crackface mcgee,
crackface_mcgee;56720 wrote:
Mass killings of innocents in the name of Judaism (or any religion), unprovoked attacks on other governments (you'll say they do this now but you think America was the aggressor who provoked 9/11 and I will never agree), support of dictators with cruel, murderous regimes, the list could go on....all hypotheticals.

The Shah of Iran and Saddam Hussein are not "Hypotheticals." You do realize we kinda had a hand in both those messes, right? We overthrew the democratic government of Iran to install a dictator. We had a hand in Saddam's rise to power in Iraq.

Neither is the Iran-Contra affair. My buddy still has a paper shredder with a copy of Ollie North's signature on it.

America wasn't an aggressor against these people, but we stepped on a few toes as we stomped around.

Quote:
Fortunately, as of now, I do not consider support of Israel to be strictly a value of "the Right", unless you consider Hillary Clinton to be right-winged. Unfortunately, I see too many on "the Left" (a.k.a., Jimmy Carter and I fear Barack Obama) moving away from their support of Israel and getting in bed with supporters of terrorism (I know you think it's 'provoked terrorism' but I will never agree) like Hamas.

Israel is unfortunately becoming a liability. They're pissing people off and those pissed off people look at Israel's best friend... the one giving Israel the neat technology.

Quote:
You will inevitably disagree with what I have said. I will inevitably disagree with your arguments. BTW, your Response --> "when he has a good reason" <---esnopseR is about as vague as you could possibly get. Do you really think you answered my question?

Flying a passenger jet into a building. Good reason to go to war. Had no problem with W breaking out the 55 gallon drums of whoopass for that. However we didn't need to go to Iraq. They did nothing and were no threat to this country. Don't go on with the massacres and tortures... do you know how many countries do the same thing, and we do not pay any attention?

Trying to "spread democracy" because democracy's enemy is our own... not such a good reason. Again, Shah of Iran... Saddie Hussein... not so democratic, are they? How about most of Saudi Arabia? We're great friends with them. Democracy? Hell no! Why aren't we showing them what democracy is about?

If we are attacked, we will retaliate. That is true of any of the candidates that take the big seat. You can put the same amount of spin on it that I can, and the answer would be the same: They attack us, we kick ass. None of the three are gonna be crying under the Resolute desk if we get attacked.

Is there any real reason we need to be bothering with that area? Screw'em, let them kill themselves. Tighten the borders, and I mean stuff that works, not the "You're searching my SHOES, I gotta drink my own baby's milk, backed up for three hours and gets nothing done" "security measures" that only cost us our rights, time and what little patience we have left.
0 Replies