Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 03:43 pm
@RedOct,
So, who wrote and published this?
92b16vx

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 04:10 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;32078 wrote:
So, who wrote and published this?

"According to recent statistic published by the American State Department the number of Americans fleeing America in search of a better life abroad"
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 04:14 pm
@RedOct,
Yeah, but that doesn't explain the article that was written. There is no American State Department. There is a US Department of State. So, I doubt that this was published by them.
92b16vx

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 04:44 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;32081 wrote:
Yeah, but that doesn't explain the article that was written. There is no American State Department. There is a US Department of State. So, I doubt that this was published by them.

If I had to guess, I would say someone in Britian, since they called it the "American State Department", but you never know.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 04:52 pm
@RedOct,
It must be an older article as well because there are close to 4 million American's living abroad now. But, it doesn't go into the fact that many of these are going to school, serving missions, working, etc.

Also, if you notice most of these stories are 15 years old and don't seem to be very well documented.

I just googled and found the article and it was written in 1993.

I look at it with the attitude of - Then why in the heck do we have such a big problem with illegal immigration if it's so darn bad here????
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 05:50 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;32081 wrote:

:thumbup: You da brain.:thumbup:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 05:51 pm
@RedOct,
America rules. The article is crap.
0 Replies

POLITICAL JEDI

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 05:52 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;32083 wrote:
I look at it with the attitude of - Then why in the heck do we have such a big problem with illegal immigration if it's so darn bad here????

Exactly! There's a profound reason why everybody wants to come to America. . .Red Oct for whatever reason, just doesn't get it!

"Freedom baby yea!" ~ Austin Powers
Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 08:19 am
@RedOct,
Guess what, the first real American were dirt poor. So were the second and the thirds. The reason most came is for a better life. But is was not a given.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 08:35 am
@POLITICAL JEDI,
POLITICAL JEDI;32097 wrote:
Exactly! There's a profound reason why everybody wants to come to America. . .Red Oct for whatever reason, just doesn't get it!

"Freedom baby yea!" ~ Austin Powers

99% of the immigrants, legal or illegal are coming from countries worse off than America, I seriously doubt even a negligable percentage of Americans moving abroad are moving to poverty stricken third world countries so they can wallow in filth.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 08:46 am
RedOct;32153 wrote:
Drnaline, I don't disagree with you either. Look at the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, and statements of Thomas Jefferson (sometimes I wonder if he didn't actually have a crystal ball), but no matter how great anything created is, everything rusts and corrodes over time. Something went wrong in the 20th century, and it's only worsening.
The only constant in our universe is, change!
0 Replies