More Hate Crimes- Hangman's noose found on NYC prof's door

Freeman15

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 12:25 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;41705 wrote:

I said the "makings" of a despot. You seem to have a problem with skipping words when reading, I hope you've sought treatment for this.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 12:32 pm
@briansol,
briansol;41707 wrote:
I'm just playing devil's advocate here, pointing out othersides of what REALLY might have happened.

Not once did I say "I believe".

No one asked you to play devil's advocate. Why did you feel it necessary that you did?

NO to NYC.... that's pretty damn far away to correlate events.

possible, but probably not connected in any way (or, no more than "video games cause violence")

How moronic. Were the Jena case isolated, perhaps that conclusion could be drawn..but copy cats are cropping up all over...NYC is one of those.

Really?

What if this professor was the school play director, and the noose was a prop that was left out, so the janitor found it and put it there?

(again, agreed, doubtful)

but the fact of the matter is, "A noose on a door Does NOT equal hate crime RIGHT AWAY, NO QUESTIONS ASKED"

it needs to be investigated.

That idea is just plain stupid....what play would have a noose in it? Can you name one? Once again, you're grasping at straws...why, is beyond me.
You must take me for a fool...your suggestion is offensive on its' face.

I think that if after court hearings and a suspect is on trial, and it comes out that he is a racist or it was a racist joke, then yes, i believe it should be tried as a hate crime.

If its the janitor, i would think a verbal warning to be more prudent with props would suffice.

But to assume..... as the saying goes, makes an ass out of you and me.

again, while unlikely, it IS probable and possible.

with no facts on the table, its just as likely to be ANYTHING at this point.

Anybody caught with a noose in hand, should be thrown in jail. Point. Especially a janitor.

hey! don't bring aliens into this! lol

really?

1 man = hung jury.

so there, my friend, it does matter.

ever see 12 angry men?

1 man.

Ever heard, Majority rule? Ever hear "odd man out"? You need to get out more

just like it's ok for blacks to call other blacks "***s", but if a white guy does it, it's a hate crime?

if i shouldn't do it, they shouldn't either, right?

or does it MATTER because of o
Read the writings of Dr. Cornel West and Eric Michael Dyson, black intellectuals who expound on race and language, in their respective books.
Blacks have taken ownership of the "N" word,.."y'all had the word for two or three hundred years...and that's long enough...now it's "our word", to use as "we see fit"....we use it as a term of familiarity, of endearment, of punctuation, in discourse....you, on the otherhand, can no longer use the word, without reprocussions. Sorry, if that upsets your applecart, as you all are not used to being told what you can or can't do...arrogant beings that you all are. Well, just the facts, ma'am. YOU CAN'T USE THE WORD, ANYMORE. GOT IT? GET IT!~ GOOD.
Because if you use the word, and you are surrounded by 6 big ol' black brutes, you are gonna get your ass beat down, no question...so I would advise you take that word out of your vocabulary...or say it only in the confines of your domicile, where no one can hear you...word to the wise. They may go to jail for beating you down, or worse....but that is small comfort from your hospital bed or the grave.
I can see you throwing a tantrum, right now, as you're reading this...I don't give a rat's booty, what you think...I'm telling how it's going.

no, it's this whole "its ok for one group but not ok for another group" crap that is bull**** to me.

Coming out of your mouth, the word cannot be seen as innocuous...do you get that? BS or not...it is what it is...get used to it...or use the word, at random, and see what happens.

if Eminem started using "***" in his raps like Lil' whoever, it would be a huge problem... but its ok for jay-z because he's black?

The word is now "ours"...we can do it, without reprocussions, because we know the space from which it emanates...you couldn't possibly.
Why is it so important to you, obviously, to be able to use the word? What do you get out of using it?

its ok for a black guy to put a noose on a white professors door, but not for a white guy to put it on a black professors door?

It's not ok for anyone to utilize "a noose"...what don't you get?
Nooses are out. OK???? Black people don't use nooses, except maybe in a rodeo...that's the only place where it belongs...you rope cattle with it.]
Not human beings.

It's this reverse in-equality that ***s up race relations in America.

Upset, because you can't use the "n' word??????? The fact that you want to is the heart of race relations being fractured in America....

You need therapy...bad...and soon.
briansol

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 12:49 pm
@aaronssongs,
OT - please use the quote feature. its such a pain to have to go back and forth to the orig post to reply to you....

anyway.

here we go.

Quote:

No one asked you to play devil's advocate. Why did you feel it necessary that you did?

no one asked you to register here, post here, or be born. Did you feel it necessary?

your point is moot.

Quote:

How moronic. Were the Jena case isolated, perhaps that conclusion could be drawn..but copy cats are cropping up all over...NYC is one of those.

I believe the courts use the term "speculation" for this. prove it.

Quote:

That idea is just plain stupid....what play would have a noose in it? Can you name one? Once again, you're grasping at straws...why, is beyond me.
You must take me for a fool...your suggestion is offensive on its' face.

What play uses a noose? hrm, ever hear of phantom of the opera?
Broadway Phantom Of The Opera authentic prop noose - (eBay item 180169009800 end time Oct-19-07 11:20:00 PDT)

just like the sound of music has nazi's in it. OMG We found a swatzstika!!!!

Quote:
Anybody caught with a noose in hand, should be thrown in jail. Point. Especially a janitor.

So if a kid ties his shoes, in that late 80's Eastland fashion, he should be thrown in jail for "making a noose"?

What you're suggesting is absurd, if not pre-crime.

i have a knife. am i going to stab someone with it, or use it to whittle a stick?
I have a noose. am i going to hang someone with it, or am i going to rope a cattle?

And why especially a janitor? are Janitor's a LESSER person than you? You're the one with a record... Janitors need background checks to work in schools.... no one with a record is getting in.

get off your high horse.

Quote:

Ever heard, Majority rule? Ever hear "odd man out"? You need to get out more

heard it, sure, but it doesn't matter in a court of law.
1 man = hung jury. end of story.
and like in that classic film, the 1 man ended up thinking rationally instead of AUTOMATICALLY ASSUMING GUILT and ended up changing the minds of all 11 others.

Quote:

Blacks have taken ownership of the "N" word,..

That is also absurd.

Fine.

I take ownership of the lynch from now on, and that makes it ok.

your/their reasoning is just so outlandish... ridiculous.

Quote:

Because if you use the word, and you are surrounded by 6 big ol' black brutes, you are gonna get your ass beat down, no question...so I would advise you take that word out of your vocabulary...or say it only in the confines of your domicile, where no one can hear you...word to the wise. They may go to jail for beating you down, or worse....but that is small comfort from your hospital bed or the grave.

ok, then.... counterpoint:

if your a black guy surrounded by 6 'good ol boys' with a lynch, you are gonna get your ass hung, no question.

See how this correlates?

to even suggest such a thing is absurd.

Quote:

I can see you throwing a tantrum, right now, as you're reading this...I don't give a rat's booty, what you think...I'm telling how it's going.

you keep telling me that it's me who needs to open my eyes to ****, but it's you who have the blinders on... in this post, and all the past where we went back and forth. you throwing opinion, me owning you with fact and counterpoint.

give it up. "it is because i said so" **** is old and really, no one here cares about what you think.

odd man out? ever hear of it?

oh, snap.
briansol

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 12:51 pm
@aaronssongs,
Quote:
Upset, because you can't use the "n' word??????? The fact that you want to is the heart of race relations being fractured in America....

the point is not about the word.

the point is about how its ok for one group/color/race/ethnicity to use something, but not ok for another to use it the same way.

THAT IS RACISM.

do you not see that?

if you support blacks "owning" the word "nigger", you are a racist.

Along the same lines,

if you support {RACE} "owning" {ANYTHING}, you are a racist.
aaronssongs

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 01:10 pm
@briansol,
briansol;41724 wrote:
the point is not about the word.

the point is about how its ok for one group/color/race/ethnicity to use something, but not ok for another to use it the same way.

THAT IS RACISM.

do you not see that?

if you support blacks "owning" the word "***", you are a racist.

Along the same lines,

if you support {RACE} "owning" {ANYTHING}, you are a racist.

And you're crazy..."white slavers" used the word to demean and further subjugate black people....black people cowered at the word until the civil unrest of the 60's, when the word was embraced as source of familiarity and comradeship. They took 'possession" of the word, defusing its' historic sensibilities and meaning, and endowing it with new ones...one that cannot be used by white people ever again.
If that is "racist"...then so be it. We are not giving back the word. Get over it.
We can use it (I don't use the word, but I understand those that do, and "why"), and you can't. Simple
And your argument is stupid...we own rap music, hip hop, jazz, black fashion, dreadlocks, black idioms, cuisine, culture, art, and thought....just because whites see the value in it, and adopt or imitate what is distinctly "ours", is a sign of the significance and our contribution to society and culture....deny that, if you will.
You can't use the word...and I'm not racist. So there.
aaronssongs

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 01:13 pm
@briansol,
briansol;41722 wrote:
OT - please use the quote feature. its such a pain to have to go back and forth to the orig post to reply to you....

anyway.

here we go.

no one asked you to register here, post here, or be born. Did you feel it necessary?

your point is moot.

I believe the courts use the term "speculation" for this. prove it.

What play uses a noose? hrm, ever hear of phantom of the opera?
Broadway Phantom Of The Opera authentic prop noose - (eBay item 180169009800 end time Oct-19-07 11:20:00 PDT)

just like the sound of music has nazi's in it. OMG We found a swatzstika!!!!

So if a kid ties his shoes, in that late 80's Eastland fashion, he should be thrown in jail for "making a noose"?

What you're suggesting is absurd, if not pre-crime.

i have a knife. am i going to stab someone with it, or use it to whittle a stick?
I have a noose. am i going to hang someone with it, or am i going to rope a cattle?

And why especially a janitor? are Janitor's a LESSER person than you? You're the one with a record... Janitors need background checks to work in schools.... no one with a record is getting in.

get off your high horse.

heard it, sure, but it doesn't matter in a court of law.
1 man = hung jury. end of story.
and like in that classic film, the 1 man ended up thinking rationally instead of AUTOMATICALLY ASSUMING GUILT and ended up changing the minds of all 11 others.

That is also absurd.

Fine.

I take ownership of the lynch from now on, and that makes it ok.

your/their reasoning is just so outlandish... ridiculous.

ok, then.... counterpoint:

if your a black guy surrounded by 6 'good ol boys' with a lynch, you are gonna get your ass hung, no question.

See how this correlates?

to even suggest such a thing is absurd.

you keep telling me that it's me who needs to open my eyes to ****, but it's you who have the blinders on... in this post, and all the past where we went back and forth. you throwing opinion, me owning you with fact and counterpoint.

give it up. "it is because i said so" **** is old and really, no one here cares about what you think.

odd man out? ever hear of it?

oh, snap.

Yadda, yadda, yadda...you ain't said nothing. At least, of any importance.
briansol

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 01:16 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;41727 wrote:
.we own rap music, hip hop, jazz, black fashion, dreadlocks, black idioms, cuisine, culture, art, and thought

rofl.

of course "you" own "black fashion" and "black idioms". duh. they wouldn't be black otherwise.

counterpoint:

Jamaicans (not african-black)own dreadlocks.
italians own cuisine
french own culture and art
and plato owns thought.

you can't possibly put your opinion on anything like that. just the idea of it is absurd, until you put a color in front of it.

and once again, putting a color/race/whatever in front of it is racism.

so there back at you.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 01:17 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;41728 wrote:

you're a joke dude.

everyone reading this thread probably agrees with me.
aaronssongs

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 01:37 pm
@briansol,
briansol;41731 wrote:
you're a joke dude.

everyone reading this thread probably agrees with me.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 01:40 pm
@aaronssongs,
let's find out.

poll time

http://www.conflictingviews.com/t2288/
Freeman15

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 01:42 pm
@briansol,
I agree with Brian. I am pro-freedom, and that means having enough backbone to allow even those with whom I disagree to speak their minds. I doubt Aaron will find much support.
aaronssongs

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 03:01 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;41738 wrote:
I agree with Brian. I am pro-freedom, and that means having enough backbone to allow even those with whom I disagree to speak their minds. I doubt Aaron will find much support.

Big deal....the crybabies are so upset..now they need a poll to prove their POV's..Talk about throwing tantrums...I, personally, don't give a rat's booty, which way the poll goes. And I'm all for people speaking their minds...who am I to silence anyone? But just because you talking, don't mean that you're saying anything of importance, or substance. Or that any of the people who believe as you do, make your argument more compelling. If one person decides to jump off a cliff, and manages to persuade others to follow him...because they have strength in numbers, perhaps that will cushion their fall? Don't be ridiculous.
Stupid is as stupid does...please poll on...I'd love to find out who sides with whom....like I can't figure it out. LOL
briansol

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 03:12 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;41764 wrote:
make your argument more compelling

I believe my argument is far more compelling than:
Quote:

your own words....
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 03:16 pm
@briansol,
briansol;41736 wrote:
let's find out.

poll time

http://www.conflictingviews.com/t2288/

I concede.....there are more imbeciles and racists here, than anything else...the intelligent, calm, respectable, and compassionate people here , know who they are...everybody else can just burn.
Freeman15

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 03:28 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;41774 wrote:
I concede.....there are more imbeciles and racists here, than anything else...the intelligent, calm, respectable, and compassionate people here , know who they are...everybody else can just burn.

Again, he resorts to name-calling in lieu of civil discourse. Aaron, simple question, answer yes or no please.

If I call black men collectively "jiggers" (replace one letter with another of your choosing, the board censors the word I'm getting at), do you believe a criminal penalty should exist?
aaronssongs

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 04:27 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;41778 wrote:
Again, he resorts to name-calling in lieu of civil discourse. Aaron, simple question, answer yes or no please.

If I call black men collectively "jiggers" (replace one letter with another of your choosing, the board censors the word I'm getting at), do you believe a criminal penalty should exist?

Face value...no. But if I could, I'd beat someone's ass for calling me that. Or try.
If you think it is permissible...why not be the big man that you profess that you are, and say the word in a crowded mall, full of black people....seems like that would prove the point. If the law is on your side...then the black people stomping you into the dirt, would be facing jail time...and perhaps, justifiably so...but you wouldn't be around to gloat. And therein lies the rub....you want there to be absolutely no reprocussions from your inordinate usage of a word that has fallen out of favor, being used by "whites" referring to "blacks".
No culpability. No responsibility...just going on "white privilege"...the status quo for time immemorial. Well, today, if class and culture and intelligence don't prevent you from using the word...some big black burly brute will, or some crazy black woman (personally, I'd be afraid of the woman...they like to throw hot grease)...try it and see.
aaronssongs

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 04:33 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;41778 wrote:

Absolutely phenomenal....you protest my "name calling", yet in the same post you loosely refer to the "n" word, substituting a letter, as if that diminishes the insult. Y'all may have petite wee wees, but you have the biggest cojones on Earth. Moderators take note, at the insult, that I'm supposed to overlook because it's not what he intended. Or did he?
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 05:22 pm
@aaronssongs,
he's trying to make a point/ask you a question about the word. he's not calling you it. do you not see that?

there is no insult here.
aaronssongs

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 05:41 pm
@briansol,
briansol;41795 wrote:
he's trying to make a point/ask you a question about the word. he's not calling you it. do you not see that?

there is no insult here.

Oh, is that what you see? I rest my case. Not at all surprised.
I was born at night .....but not last night....it's a question that doesn't warrant asking or answering....but when you don't see the big deal, and are crying like a baby to actually use the word without the slightest consequences...I can understand your position. I better not ever hear anyone of you say it to my face.
And you call yourself "a moderator".....you couldn't moderate manure in a pig's sty.
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 05:54 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;41264 wrote:
This is for all of you pretenders, who want to deny that this is a racist country, and want to minimize the perpetration of hate crimes as "blown out of proportion"
Reprint from a Yahoo Group post:

blAck americaweb.com
Hangman's noose found on NYC prof's door

Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2007
By: ADAM GOLDMAN -- Associated Press Writer, Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) The president of Columbia University's Teachers College sent an e-mail to students and faculty members deploring the discovery of a hangman's noose on the office door of a black professor.

Police are investigating the incident as a hate crime, and Columbia planned a town hall meeting Wednesday afternoon for faculty and students to address the incident.

The university did not immediately say which professor was targeted, but she was identified in the local media as Madonna Constantine, a professor of psychology and education and author of a book entitled "Addressing Racism: Facilitating Cultural Competence in Mental Health and Educational Settings."

Students said Constantine, who is black, teaches a class on racial justice.

Calls to the publicist for Teachers College and Constantine's office were not immediately returned.

"You would think, Columbia being such a diverse campus and New York being such a diverse city, it shouldn't happen here," said student Mikayla Graham.

In the message to the college's 5,000 students and 150 faculty members explaining why police were on campus Tuesday, college president Susan H. Fuhrman said: "The Teachers College community and I deplore this hateful act, which violates every Teachers College and societal norm."

Teachers College, founded in 1887, describes itself as the nation's oldest and largest graduate school of education.

According to its Web page, the college brought black teachers from the South to New York for training in the early part of the 20th century, when schools in the South were segregated.

The college has a diverse student body, including students from nearly 80 countries. The racial breakdown is 12 percent black, 11 percent Asian American and 7 percent Hispanic.

The hangman's noose was discovered Tuesday morning, in an echo of other recent incidents involving the symbol reviled by many for its association with lynchings in the Old South.

Last year in Jena, La., three white students hung nooses from a big oak tree outside Jena High School. They were suspended but not prosecuted.

Racial tensions rose and a white student was beaten unconscious three months later. Recently, thousands of people protested the arrests of six black students in the incident.

Columbia has been the site of other campus turmoil, most recently last month when Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was invited to speak, prompting protests by groups angry over his statements questioning the existence of the Holocaust.

Last fall, Columbia was in the spotlight when a group of students stormed a stage to silence a speech by Jim Gilchrist, the founder of a group opposed to illegal immigration.

--
When people who are honestly mistaken learn the truth, they will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest! : Anonymous
pertenders, wow coming from you, I have notice on your report there were no person nailed, so I need to ask a backward ass person like you ( yes i willing to take the reps) how do we know it wasn't a black person that just didn't like her or just wanted to start, hell it could have been you that place that noose on her door, and i noting your report came from "'Black America org" that's cold dude, try to act like a man, you have disgraced not only the blacks people here, you have disgraced them everywhere, is your hate that strong that will flush the truth so you can save face. you need help..
0 Replies