• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,874 • Replies: 56
No top replies

aaronssongs

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 02:27 pm
@aaronssongs,
It just boggles the mind. People, here, have the audacity to call me "a racist"...yet, it took me to post the article. Let's see how many here, condemn the actions exhibited...or choose to post more ad hominem attacks on the messenger.
This stuff is not made up...it's not fantasy...it happens everyday. Hide your head in the sand, or hide your face in shame. It takes you saying enough is enough. I don't harbor any "high hopes", though, being the realist that I am. I'm fully prepared for the status quo.
Curmudgeon

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 02:35 pm
@aaronssongs,
I do agree with you Aaron, that those who act like the ones who drove around with nooses displayed are racist and really out of synch with modern society.
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 03:10 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;38600 wrote:
I do agree with you Aaron, that those who act like the ones who drove around with nooses displayed are racist and really out of synch with modern society.

I am relieved that you agree with me...however, do not kid yourself, for one minute...that there are those amongst you, who present one face, while harboring a completely different one. Subtlety is the currency. The ones who smile and grin and don't want to be seen as "racist", while, in the confines of the privacy of their domiciles, practice "the black arts" (no pun intended)...the very ones, preaching the gospel one minute, and breaking every other commandment the next...those are the ones to watch...indifference is just as 'dark" as being overt.
0 Replies

crackface mcgee

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 05:51 pm
@aaronssongs,
Those who are wrong in this whole Jena 6 mess:

- Those who hung the nooses from the tree at the school.
- The "Jena 6" who ganged up on the 1 kid, who nobody claims was involved in any noose-hanging, and beat him to the point of unconsciousness.
- Those who want the 6 beaters to go unpunished for the beating and believe that their illegal actions were justified against this innocent victim.
- Those who drove around in the truck with the nooses hanging off the back.

If my opinions qualify me as racist, then so be it.
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 07:03 pm
@crackface mcgee,
crackface_mcgee;38612 wrote:
Those who are wrong in this whole Jena 6 mess:

- Those who hung the nooses from the tree at the school.
- The "Jena 6" who ganged up on the 1 kid, who nobody claims was involved in any noose-hanging, and beat him to the point of unconsciousness.
- Those who want the 6 beaters to go unpunished for the beating and believe that their illegal actions were justified against this innocent victim.
- Those who drove around in the truck with the nooses hanging off the back.

If my opinions qualify me as racist, then so be it.

There's a lot of "he said, she said" going on...
The CNN Investigative Report suggests that the sentences against the Jena 6, were extreme, and largely unjustified.
No charges were ever brought against the white students, although one was in possession of a shotgun.
There are,clearly, two kinds of justice...white justice ( for which there is no accountability....and black justice ( which is extreme beyond the pale)
crackface mcgee

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 07:25 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;38614 wrote:
There's a lot of "he said, she said" going on...
The CNN Investigative Report suggests that the sentences against the Jena 6, were extreme, and largely unjustified.
No charges were ever brought against the white students, although one was in possession of a shotgun.
There are,clearly, two kinds of justice...white justice ( for which there is no accountability....and black justice ( which is extreme beyond the pale)

You are hiding behind a mask of vagueness.

- If the 6 black students actually beat the 1 white student to the point of unconsciousness, do you think the 6 black students should be punished? (I think so.) I know the charges were reduced. Sounds like legitimate assault and battery to me.

- What crime did the white students commit? I am not arguing that they committed a crime, but I seriously want to know what law was broken. There is nothing in me that wants to the noose hangers the benefit of the doubt. Just want the legal information.

- Who was in possession of a shotgun and when? You said one of the white students. Was it one of the white students who hung the noose or the one who was allegedly beaten by the "Jena 6"? If it was one who hung a noose, was he/she in possession of the shotgun when hanging the noose? Or during a hunting trip last Thanksgiving? Or was it the student who was beaten who had the shotgun? Did he have the shotgun when he was being beaten? Or during a hunting trip last Thanksgiving. I certainly cannot make a judgement on this with the limited information you provided.

Give your specific opinion on this case, not a blanket white justice/black justice statement with bits and pieces of hearsay.

In my opinion, if crimes were committed, the offenders must pay, regardless of race.

Again, if this is racist, so be it.
Curmudgeon

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 07:54 pm
@crackface mcgee,
Quote:
In my opinion, if crimes were committed, the offenders must pay, regardless of race.

Again, if this is racist, so be it.

That is my position also.
Aaron thinks we are all closet racists simply because we are white. He is prejudging us in the same manner his race has been prejudged in the past ( and still is in some places now, unfortunately), thus he is as guilty of racism as he says we are.
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 08:23 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;38620 wrote:
That is my position also.
Aaron thinks we are all closet racists simply because we are white. He is prejudging us in the same manner his race has been prejudged in the past ( and still is in some places now, unfortunately), thus he is as guilty of racism as he says we are.

Absolutely false....see, it would be so easy for you to see things as you would like to see them...Aaron being a racist, kinda excuses you and yours from their racists thoughts and actions. Except I'm not a racist. I have many, many friends of all nationalities. A man who was like a father to me, was a Polish man in Chicago...who taught me about the world, how to make bread , pierogis, and Polish-style potato pancakes. My musical mentor was white, a world-class musician. I pledged an all-white fraternity, Phi Kappa Theta, while at University of Houston, in the '70s'...and my frat brothers "loved" me.
My book publishers are a white married couple, who are among my biggest supporters , and encouraged me to pursue my writing and performance art.
They would laugh in your face, if you told them I was racist.
No....that is too easy. I call you and yours into responsibility...forcing you to deal with your own racism...and that is so uncomfortable. How dare me? Right? Just who does Aaron think he is? I done told y'all not to estimate my program...Aaron is way too many things.
0 Replies

crackface mcgee

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 08:30 pm
@crackface mcgee,
Aaron, all of the name calling, finger pointing, white friends, black friends, white justice, black justice aside.....I am curious about your answers to the questions below. I feel your relevant posts in this thread have been somewhat vague. Looking for specific opinions on the Jena situation.

crackface_mcgee;38616 wrote:

- If the 6 black students actually beat the 1 white student to the point of unconsciousness, do you think the 6 black students should be punished? (I think so.) I know the charges were reduced. Sounds like legitimate assault and battery to me.

- What crime did the white students commit? I am not arguing that they committed a crime, but I seriously want to know what law was broken. There is nothing in me that wants to the noose hangers the benefit of the doubt. Just want the legal information.

- Who was in possession of a shotgun and when? You said one of the white students. Was it one of the white students who hung the noose or the one who was allegedly beaten by the "Jena 6"? If it was one who hung a noose, was he/she in possession of the shotgun when hanging the noose? Or during a hunting trip last Thanksgiving? Or was it the student who was beaten who had the shotgun? Did he have the shotgun when he was being beaten? Or during a hunting trip last Thanksgiving. I certainly cannot make a judgement on this with the limited information you provided.
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 09:26 pm
@crackface mcgee,
crackface_mcgee;38626 wrote:
Aaron, all of the name calling, finger pointing, white friends, black friends, white justice, black justice aside.....I am curious about your answers to the questions below. I feel your relevant posts in this thread have been somewhat vague. Looking for specific opinions on the Jena situation.

Originally stated by crackface_mcgee View Post

Not anymore than the hundreds of cases of white on black crime gone unpunished...not to mention the lynchings, of which the allude to is central to this case. The beaten white student allegedly was the one with the shotgun...it was taken from him, and he was beaten within an inch of his life...would you have been so sympathetic, had one of the black students been shot dead? Hypocritical , wouldn't you say?

Oh, none...you know white people never do anything wrong.

Watch the Investigative Report on Jena on CNN, please...that will answer any questions you may have.
crackface mcgee

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 07:20 am
@aaronssongs,

Not anymore than the hundreds of cases of white on black crime gone unpunished...not to mention the lynchings, of which the allude to is central to this case.

So you want anarchy. You want the crimes (only those committed by the black students) to go unpunished. How reasonable!

The beaten white student allegedly was the one with the shotgun...it was taken from him, and he was beaten within an inch of his life...would you have been so sympathetic, had one of the black students been shot dead? Hypocritical , wouldn't you say?

This would be hypocritical if I actually felt this way. But I have done or said nothing to indicate that I would be sympathetic if the white student shot one of the black students dead.

Oh, none...you know white people never do anything wrong.[/[/I]COLOR]

Thank you for providing a response which showcases your intelligence and language skills. Duly impressed!

Watch the Investigative Report on Jena on CNN, please...that will answer any questions you may have.[/[/I]COLOR][/QUOTE]

I will look for it. The Brian Williams NBC report I saw on this incident over a month ago was a report of significant omission. This was when the charge was still attempted murder, and there was much reporting on the nooses and the justified racially-charged anger. But they gave no information whatsoever on the attempted murder charge other than to mention there was an attempted murder charge. When the story wrapped, I had no idea if somebody was beaten, shot, run over with a car, poisoned. I can only hope the CNN story gives enough information to make a fair judgement because NBC tried their best manipulation tactics to ensure there were no perceived victims other than the 6 black students. Whether or not the victim of the beating had a shotgun, we should have been told this.

Believe me, when a white person commits a crime, there is nothing in me that wants the white person to go unpunished because he/she is white. Sounds like you support anarchy when the accused party is black. Am I wrong?
aaronssongs

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 09:03 am
@crackface mcgee,
crackface_mcgee;38650 wrote:

Not anymore than the hundreds of cases of white on black crime gone unpunished...not to mention the lynchings, of which the allude to is central to this case.

So you want anarchy. You want the crimes (only those committed by the black students) to go unpunished. How reasonable!

The beaten white student allegedly was the one with the shotgun...it was taken from him, and he was beaten within an inch of his life...would you have been so sympathetic, had one of the black students been shot dead? Hypocritical , wouldn't you say?

This would be hypocritical if I actually felt this way. But I have done or said nothing to indicate that I would be sympathetic if the white student shot one of the black students dead.

Oh, none...you know white people never do anything wrong.[/[/I]COLOR]

Thank you for providing a response which showcases your intelligence and language skills. Duly impressed!

Watch the Investigative Report on Jena on CNN, please...that will answer any questions you may have.[/[/I]COLOR]

I will look for it. The Brian Williams NBC report I saw on this incident over a month ago was a report of significant omission. This was when the charge was still attempted murder, and there was much reporting on the nooses and the justified racially-charged anger. But they gave no information whatsoever on the attempted murder charge other than to mention there was an attempted murder charge. When the story wrapped, I had no idea if somebody was beaten, shot, run over with a car, poisoned. I can only hope the CNN story gives enough information to make a fair judgement because NBC tried their best manipulation tactics to ensure there were no perceived victims other than the 6 black students. Whether or not the victim of the beating had a shotgun, we should have been told this.

Believe me, when a white person commits a crime, there is nothing in me that wants the white person to go unpunished because he/she is white. Sounds like you support anarchy when the accused party is black. Am I wrong?[/QUOTE]

Quite. However, you contradict yourself. Did you notice not one single white person was charged. The DA said in an assembly, verified by the one white man who was interviewed about the incident (only one white man, and 2 white women, and the daughter of one of the women, agreed to be interviewed about the incident....which speaks volumes), warned the black students involved in pre-incident tensions at the school, that their lives would be changed with one stroke of his pen......now you tell me, what kind of justice? My mother is from Baton Rouge, and her aunt told stories of the television signals being disrupted by the "white-owned" tv station, in the predominantly black areas...give me a break. Blatant racist backlash, spawned from a hate crime. It's no different from the mindset of the not-too-distant Vidor , Texas, famous for the dragging death from a pickup truck of James Byrd. Anarchy , indeed!
Freeman15

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:19 am
@aaronssongs,
Aaron skews the facts YET AGAIN.

No shotgun was produced during the assault.

An altercation TWO DAYS earlier involving a white student, Robert Bailey (who had been in a brawl with his friends and several white non-students the day before (most likely started by the white non-students it looks like)), and a group of Bailey's friends outside of a convenience store. Both parties tell a different story; the white student claims an argument ensued with Bailey about the previous night (the white student was at the party), Bailey and his friends then ran after him. The white student claims he produced his shotgun to defend himself, but that it was wrestled away from him. Bailey and his group fled the scene, and Bailey was charged with theft of a firearm, second-degree robbery, and disturbing the peace.

Bailey and his group claim the student met them with the shotgun, apparently looking for a confrontation, and they wrestled it away from him. He does not dispute fleeing the scene.

The assault on Justin Barker on Dec. 4, 2006 was TOTALLY UNPROVOKED. No shotgun, no nooses, just six black kids assaulting an unsuspecting white kid.

Further, the principal of the school recommended expulsion for the white students who hung the noose, he was overruled by the school board. So there was an attempt to punish the students, it wasn't simply let go as you would like us to believe.

Fact is, Robert Bailey had been involved in violent altercations twice in the same week as the assault, and surprise, turns out to be one of those involved in the attack. If racism is a factor in this case, it is anti-white racism on the part of Rober Bailey and his group of thugs. Charge them with everything you can and seek the maximum penalties.

Aaron, you are misrepresenting facts and I would like you to apologize for misleading our peers.
Freeman15

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:26 am
@Freeman15,
Oh and this just gets better and better:

Mychal Bell had FOUR count em, FOUR violent crime convictions. Yeah, these are innocent kids. Bell will be back in prison before he's 25, guaranteed.
aaronssongs

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:42 am
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;38679 wrote:
Oh and this just gets better and better:

Mychal Bell had FOUR count em, FOUR violent crime convictions. Yeah, these are innocent kids. Bell will be back in prison before he's 25, guaranteed.
Freeman15

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 12:00 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;38681 wrote:
And you're not racist, right? How much prison time will the three white students get for putting up the nooses (they know who did it!) Give me a break.
What do you have to say about the following: ( I can imagine)

Neo-Nazi Publishes Addresses and Phone Numbers of "Jena 6"

2007_09_22_swastika_2 More disturbing developments after Thursday's demonstration in Jena, Louisiana and the arrest of two men who dangled nooses from their pickup truck. The Federal Bureau of Investigation monitors a Roanoke, Virginia neo-Nazi leader who posted the names, addresses and phone numbers of the six high school students at the center of the controversy.

William A. White is the "commander" of the American National Socialist Workers Party and his website says "Lynch the Jena 6". It also posted ...

[C]ontact information for the six youths headlined: "Addresses of Jena 6 N______s; In case anyone wants to deliver justice." In a second item, White was quoted as saying: "If these n_____s are released or acquitted, we will find out where they live and make sure that white activists and white citizens in Louisiana know it ... in order to find someone willing to deliver justice."

Even more sick is a newer call to suggest "we should do this to the n_____s—tell them we're reporters, get them alone and ... well, you can figure the rest." The neo-Nazi posts more racist and hateful rants to Blogger—as well as the phone numbers and addresses of the families in Jena. This is a clear violation of Google's TOS.

The former leaders of William White's neo-Nazi movement have a very colorful pedigree. Frank Collin, founder of the infamous National Socialist Party of America, was imprisoned in 1980 for sexually molesting young boys. Former Wisconsin neo-Nazi demagogue Michael Kenneth Faust (nee Botch) is also serving time for molesting teen boys. So many other examples of repressed homosexuality in neo-Nazi circles. William White's obsession with black men in general and the boys in Jena in particular ... well, you can figure the rest.

Roanoke Nazi Condemns the Jena 6 [Roanoke Times]
Neo-Nazi Site Probed in Jena Case [WaPo]

How does this make what the black students did any less severe? Within a week they engaged in three physical altercations, two of which we KNOW to have been numerically lopsided in favor of the blacks. I despise neo-nazis, the naacp, and any other group that sees people as GROUPS instead of as individuals. These black students, despite all the press, committed an unprovoked, and rather brutal assault, and deserve to be punished.

The white students who hung nooses are assholes, but they didn't commit a hate crime under FBI standards, so at most they can be charged with inciting a riot (like the pickup truck guys), which is a misdemeanor, and a stretch, so would likely be dropped or pled out. They definitely defied school policy, and should have been expelled like the principal wanted. However, you can't lock them up for holding unpopular views.

You're losing sight of the fact that the "Jena Six" who allegedly are being discriminated against BRUTALLY ASSAULTED SOMEBODY IN AN UNPROVOKED ATTACK. Somebody pissing you off does not give you the right to harm them, period.

I said Bell would be back in prison by 25 because he's a repeat offender and repeat offenders as juveniles almost always end up back in prison. He's not innocent, he's as guilty as sin.

You seem to think anybody in favor of punishing these kids is a racist, despite failing to show one iota of evidence to support any claims you have made. You sir are a black exceptionalist, and thus are incapable of seeing this issue clearly. You are the racist, not us.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 12:04 pm
@aaronssongs,
Disingenuous deflection from the request asked of you, Aaron.
Try answering instead of going off on tangents again.
0 Replies

crackface mcgee

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 01:02 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;38655 wrote:
Did you notice not one single white person was charged.

I asked you what crime was committed by a white person (and I am NOT saying that none was committed), and this was your response:

"Oh, none...you know white people never do anything wrong."

So get specific! Name the white person who committed a crime and was not arrested and the crime that they committed. And keep it specific to this Jena, LA, situation. Tell me what law inforcement missed. It's Louisiana. I would not be surprised if something was missed. But so far, you have been unable to provide this information. Spill it.
0 Replies

crackface mcgee

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 01:06 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;38681 wrote:
How much prison time will the three white students get for putting up the nooses (they know who did it!) Give me a break.

Was it wrong to hang the nooses? ABSOLUTELY!
Should the students who hung the nooses be punished? ABSOLUTELY!
Was hanging the nooses a felony offense punishable with prison time? I don't think so.
Does it justify multiple black kids beating a white kids who was not involved in the noose hanging? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I have not contradicted myself. And again, if my opinions indicate racism to some, so be it. I think my opinions are pretty damn reasonable.