• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,776 • Replies: 39
No top replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 05:00 pm
@STNGfan,
this is exactly what's wrong with politics and thanks for identifying yourself as a part of the Problem. Having a (R) or a (D) next to your name means squat.

In fact those little letters usually cause more problems then they solve

White, Black; Christian, Atheist; Republican, Democrat

it would be nice after thousands of years of civilization if we could see ourselves as more then just part of a "tribe"
0 Replies

STNGfan

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 05:21 pm
@STNGfan,
oh I guess that I am a problem. I am sorry I get tired of people calling me baby killer, tree hugger, dyke, unethical, immoral because I am a Democrat. So excuse me for being human and taking a bit of joy when a Republican who think they are holier than thou jump ship.

I disagree with both Democrats and Republicans on different issues and I have never been called things like Unamerican, unpatiotic and communist from a Democrat.

There is a huge difference from both parties and when I can walk around with a pentagram and no be called a satanist or sacrifice animals in rituals or practice black magic I will not discriminate against someone who has a (R) by his name.

It is called reprisal.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 05:41 pm
@STNGfan,
STNGfan;22185 wrote:
oh I guess that I am a problem. I am sorry I get tired of people calling me baby killer, tree hugger, dyke, unethical, immoral because I am a Democrat. So excuse me for being human and taking a bit of joy when a Republican who think they are holier than thou jump ship.

I disagree with both Democrats and Republicans on different issues and I have never been called things like Unamerican, unpatiotic and communist from a Democrat.

There is a huge difference from both parties and when I can walk around with a pentagram and no be called a satanist or sacrifice animals in rituals or practice black magic I will not discriminate against someone who has a (R) by his name.

It is called reprisal.

Poo po little me, the big bad repugs are after me, LOL.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 05:59 pm
@STNGfan,
STNGfan;22185 wrote:

have I ever called you any of these things?

self affiliation does not a Republican make. Bin Laden isn't a Muslim, he claims he is, but his values greatly betray his stated religion.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 06:05 pm
@STNGfan,
Dyke is hot
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 07:39 pm
@STNGfan,
Quote:
Bin Laden isn't a Muslim, he claims he is, but his values greatly betray his stated religion.

Actually... well, you can guess what I'm about to say.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 11:32 pm
@STNGfan,
by that standard it's okay to own slaves and breath them for knowingly disobeying you if your a Christian.

I know you'll disagree with me but that's cool, I've got the source doc backing me up
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 12:58 am
@STNGfan,
STNGfan;22185 wrote:

It is called reprisal.

STNGfan,
I'm so in agreement. I never saw such arrogant crybabies as the Repubs...
If they don't like what Dems are saying, they will distort, malign, spin, accuse, and a whole laundry list of attacking manuevers...oh, but let the Dems call them on anything, and you never saw such righteous indignation.
Do you know to this day, out of the hundreds if not thousands of missteps, misdeeds, poor judgement, ignorant statements, and crimes committed, George Bush, for the most part, has never admitted any wrongdoing...and the Republicans, by and large, refuse to point out any...isn't that more than odd?
From his own party, he has never sustained more than a "weak" slap on the wrist (like, "he could have done it or phrased it better") Amazing.
But they impeached Clinton for lying about an extra-marital affair.
I'd take a randy, philandering President (who happens to be a Rhodes scholar) over a privileged, ignorant do-nothing (who's father "bought" him the presidency. if you really want to know), with illusions of grandeur, any day.
Clearly, by all accounts, the most "suspect" and worst president in history, bar none. And if not, why are most of the party loyalists deserting him in droves? The Republican field is loathe to even speak his name, much less his failed foreign and domestic policies. Can we say "lame duck"?
If Bushie is so wonderful and his presidency such a shining example of Republican fortitude, then why are his poll numbers in the 30 percentile range....anyone want to blame that on the liberal press, or an error in the polls? I know...I know...it's Kerry's fault...or that hot air bag, Al Gore, and his demonizing of industrial "runoff", and pollution (I mean, how do we know it really hurts anyone? I mean, has anyone ever died of "pollution"???) For godssake, the air and the water are good enough...and the pesticides are keeping the bugs off our food...damn, get a life...next thing you'll be wanting is improved infrastructure...you got any money for that? You shouldn't...that's what them tax cuts is about...too much gov'ment spending ...that money could be used for something useful...like , mo' betta vacations, and stuff. Right?
My God, when Reagan was president, Republicans and Democrats were genteel, and civilized to and with one another. Today, with the political dirty tricks of Ralph Reed, Dan Bartlett, and Ken Mehlman (who reportedly is a "Log Cabin" Republican...how hypocritical is that?), there is such animosity and distrust, that it will take a generation for healing to occur, if ever.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 08:08 am
@STNGfan,
Quote:
I'm so in agreement. I never saw such arrogant crybabies as the Repubs...
What are you doing right now if not whinning?
Quote:
Do you know to this day, out of the hundreds if not thousands of missteps, misdeeds, poor judgement, ignorant statements, and crimes committed, George Bush, for the most part, has never admitted any wrongdoing...and the Republicans, by and large, refuse to point out any...isn't that more than odd?
What are your wrongdoings? Please list below.
Quote:
From his own party, he has never sustained more than a "weak" slap on the wrist (like, "he could have done it or phrased it better") Amazing.
Kinda like that slap on the wrist Clinton got, or was it Sandy Berger? Or was it Janet Reno or........
Quote:
But they impeached Clinton for lying about an extra-marital affair.
Should lie to Congress or the American public. What your opinion on liars?
Quote:
I'd take a randy, philandering President (who happens to be a Rhodes scholar) over a privileged, ignorant do-nothing (who's father "bought" him the presidency.
You must like being lied to. Such emotion, are you a fiction writer?
Quote:
Clearly, by all accounts, the most "suspect" and worst president in history, bar none.
In your opinion.
Quote:
And if not, why are most of the party loyalists deserting him in droves? The Republican field is loathe to even speak his name, much less his failed foreign and domestic policies. Can we say "lame duck"?
You can say what ever you want, this is America. By the same token i will too.
Quote:
If Bushie is so wonderful and his presidency such a shining example of Republican fortitude, then why are his poll numbers in the 30 percentile range....
Care to guess Harry Reids approval rating? What about Pelosi's? How about Congress in general?
Quote:
I know...it's Kerry's fault...or that hot air bag, Al Gore, and his demonizing of industrial "runoff", and pollution (I mean, how do we know it really hurts anyone? I mean, has anyone ever died of "pollution"???) For godssake, the air and the water are good enough...and the pesticides are keeping the bugs off our food...damn, get a life...next thing you'll be wanting is improved infrastructure...you got any money for that? You shouldn't...that's what them tax cuts is about...too much gov'ment spending ...that money could be used for something useful...like , mo' betta vacations, and stuff. Right?
So who is proposing tax hikes? Yeah they do need the our cash so they can take a better vacation. We'll just have to stash and earmark where nobody will find it till it too late, yeah that what well do.
Quote:
My God, when Reagan was president, Republicans and Democrats were genteel, and civilized to and with one another. Today, with the political dirty tricks of Ralph Reed, Dan Bartlett, and Ken Mehlman (who reportedly is a "Log Cabin" Republican...how hypocritical is that?), there is such animosity and distrust, that it will take a generation for healing to occur, if ever.
I'm leaning twards "if ever."
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 09:38 am
@STNGfan,
Since it's evident that you are a "slash and burn"-styled "debater" (meaning you just go on and on with your propaganda, trying to score "brownie points", but having absolutely no substance or foundation to your positions, I'm choosing to ignore you. Why don't you do the same....
Silverchild79

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 09:41 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;22279 wrote:
Since it's evident that you are a "slash and burn"-styled "debater" (meaning you just go on and on with your propaganda, trying to score "brownie points", but having absolutely no substance or foundation to your positions, I'm choosing to ignore you. Why don't you do the same....

pot, kettle, black

thank you drive through
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 09:45 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;22281 wrote:
pot, kettle, black

thank you drive through

Oh, how clever...did you think of that all on your own?
Couldn't the same be said of you? We're suppose to "tolerate" the likes of you, however, we're not to be tolerated, is that the gist? Sad. delusional. typical.
92b16vx

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 11:23 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;22279 wrote:

That is the a perfect description and course of action when dranal tries to dissect an argument and while adding nothing, tries to pretend he has something relevent to say. Kudos.
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 11:38 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;22300 wrote:
That is the a perfect description and course of action when dranal tries to dissect an argument and while adding nothing, tries to pretend he has something relevent to say. Kudos.

I'm not sure,but I think "he" is a "she"...I could be wrong
Reagaknight

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 11:41 am
@STNGfan,
No, Drnaline's a guy. It's not 'Dr. Naline" it's short for "Adrenaline." Smile
socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 11:54 am
@STNGfan,
I did not read through all the posts so if I am repeating this, sorry...
Bloomberg, a lifelong democrat, became a republican in order to gain the support of Guiliani and his followers for the mayoral race in NYC. It is no surprise to anyone in the city that he became independent on his way back to the dems. He, and the liberal mayor of LA were very chummy this week, holding numerous press conferences together, that it was not much of a surprise to us here either.
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 12:01 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;22313 wrote:
I did not read through all the posts so if I am repeating this, sorry...
Bloomberg, a lifelong democrat, became a republican in order to gain the support of Guiliani and his followers for the mayoral race in NYC. It is no surprise to anyone in the city that he became independent on his way back to the dems. He, and the liberal mayor of LA were very chummy this week, holding numerous press conferences together, that it was not much of a surprise to us here either.

Intriguing....perhaps, an alternative to Clintobama, or John Edwards (for me)...but, in the long run...IMHO, it doesn't really matter who occupies the WH, a Dem, a Repub,( but perhaps an Independent might make some real headway...)....because the government is not the government, and the president is but a puppet, in any event...(truth be told)...so all of this is smoke and mirrors, and not all that entertaining, either.
socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 12:35 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;22319 wrote:
Intriguing....perhaps, an alternative to Clintobama, or John Edwards (for me)...but, in the long run...IMHO, it doesn't really matter who occupies the WH, a Dem, a Repub,( but perhaps an Independent might make some real headway...)....because the government is not the government, and the president is but a puppet, in any event...(truth be told)...so all of this is smoke and mirrors, and not all that entertaining, either.

On it's face, I agree with you. But, if the pres is just a puppet then why do we praise him if things are good and call him on the carpet if things are bad..?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 12:40 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;22283 wrote:
Oh, how clever...did you think of that all on your own?
Couldn't the same be said of you? We're suppose to "tolerate" the likes of you, however, we're not to be tolerated, is that the gist? Sad. delusional. typical.

wow it's like ZoZo has a liberal twin brother