Governments ignore logic. Subject. Our socio economic demographic pyramid.

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 08:38 pm
Governments ignore logic. Subject. Our socio economic demographic pyramid.

We presently all live in some kind of society that can be envisaged as a demographic pyramid.

David Foot: Canadian Population Pyramids

This one shows population by age and I search for one for wealth.

Our world socio economic demographic pyramid, instead of having a strong firm base, has a large area of weakness. This weakness consists of the various individuals of low or no income. They not only do not contribute but are also a drain on the economy. Not all of this drain is wasted, make work for higher tiers, but in terms of return, not good.

There is nothing an economy likes better than stability.
Having a weak bottom is obviously detrimental to the common.
Since we know that the spread between rich and poor is continuing, we know that more instability is on the way.

Couple and compound this with what climate change foretells and we are not going to be very happy peoples.

The common then, the top 2/3rds that is, must start to capitalize more from the waste at the bottom or they will be the bottom soon. We are becoming so polarized in our classes that soon, instead of the smooth and many steps up, we will have few and jerky steps.
Such demographics always go to war and revolution.

If Governments do not move to stop the waste in human life soon, they will be overwhelmed. If not by force from without, then by economy from within.

The funny thing is, all this can be averted because we can easily afford the costs of stabilizing our demography. Timing is important. Our window of opportunity is shrinking with an aging population.
We just do not have the political will to do the right thing.

Governments ignore this logic at our expense. The elites are the last to suffer the hardships of Government corruption and collusion. They have brought us here and now just let the collateral damage, human lives, die needlessly.

If the U N is to police the world, then as leaders, they have thee and only three choices they can make. Lead, follow, or get out of the way. I think they should lead in pushing governments to harmonize demographic pyramids and start stabilizing our world socio economic demographic pyramid and thus allow us to have the stability to weather the approaching storms.

As members of our socio economic demographic pyramid, do you think Governments should lead in this issue, follow or get out of the way and let business do it for them?

Regards
DL

PS.
I think they should lead because in a controlled world, to have an uncontrolled economy, spells disasters like we are getting a glimpse of now with Greece.

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,756 • Replies: 4
No top replies

theophilus cv

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 08:39 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;71506 wrote:
I think they should lead because in a controlled world, to have an uncontrolled economy, spells disasters like we are getting a glimpse of now with Greece.
The Soviet Union had a controlled economy and look what happened to it.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 09:37 am
@theophilus cv,
theophilus;71545 wrote:

All developed nations have a controlled economy to some extent. Too much control stifles trade, too little control and workers are exploited.
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 11:32 am
@theophilus cv,
theophilus;71545 wrote:

Not sure if I would ever call their economy in control any more than we can say that the governance was.

They, like all countries, are now in the same chaotic system international system.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

EmperorNero

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 01:18 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
This "weak base" is caused by government. Welfare pays people to be poor, dependent and useless. That's what causes the waste you speak of. More government would only make it worse. Global warming is a scam. The "inequity between the rich and the poor" is just an artifact of growing wealth. If we all get wealthier the difference between our income necessarily grows. The difference between the rich and the poor is actually decreasing.
0 Replies