How many sons does God have?

mommamia

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 03:51 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;41541 wrote:
Because the Bible said so.

Translation: I don't have a logical answer to your question.
Brian764

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 03:59 pm
@mommamia,
mommamia;41542 wrote:
Translation: I don't have a logical answer to your question.

Like I said before, either you believe the Bible or you reject what it says, then make up your own belief...which is by the what the pagans did.
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 04:18 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;41194 wrote:
Don't you know that those who are filled with the Holy Spirit are sons of God?

All men have the commandments and laws of God, written thier hearts. It is only the believer who honors this. Free will of Choice.
mlurp

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 04:21 pm
@mommamia,
See my post above this. does that answer your question. And please don't ask for chapter and verse as I would need to read the entire New Testament to locate it again.

mommamia;41528 wrote:
Ok, peach I understand, and respect your form of christianity from what I can see of it on here, I know and love to talk bible with many christians. I was responding more to Brians comments that said from what I could tell only christians are gods children.

And only christians???

As if he didn't give that to everyone, and as if it is only apparent in a book that those who say they follow it can't agree on the message of?

I have read and studied the bible, then I realized I didn't want to read what the prophets said, I wanted to have what the prophets had, that being a personal relationship with my creator. Your relationship may be different from mine, just as my relationship with my 14yo son is different from my relationship with my 8yo daughter. And what god wants from you may be different than what god wants from me. Maybe your understanding is much higher, maybe mine is. That is not for me to judge.

I just find it rather vain to suppose that only those who follow a certain type of belief are god's children. The truth in every sacred writing can be revealed to those who search for truth, but christians need to learn to respect that not everybody believes like them, and most likely aren't meant to. I am definantly not a christian, having rejected the trinity, the need for baptism and many other core beliefs, but I am definantly a child of god. I have felt his presence, and actually credit god for saving one of my children's life, without his reply to my intense meditative prayer, she would be dead today. First let christianity get it together, then come out and judge the rest of us. It never fails as soon as you point out the many christians charged with theft, fraud, child abuse and sexual abuse and a whole host of other repulsive things, the other christians say well they aren't real christians. That is what I mean, y'all can't even decide on a definition of what a christian is, and now you say I have to be one to be a child of god?
0 Replies

mommamia

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 05:03 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;41550 wrote:
All men have the commandments and laws of God, written thier hearts. It is only the believer who honors this. Free will of Choice.

This I can agree with.

All men, not just those who follow the bible. IMO the bible is a book written by men. Were these men inspired, maybe, but its been edited so many times that to say it is the only book is vain. There are many good spiritual books personally believe that christians try to put god in a box by saying there is only one way to worship him. God is bigger than you or me, bigger even than the entire christian church. It doesn't matter where you get your faith from, if you truly look for the truth of god you will find it. I have looked hard and don't believe christianity is the way god wants me to live. It may be what he wants for you and I can respect that. I live by two basic rules I think is wanted, Love god with all your heart, and love your neighbor as yourself.
0 Replies

Brian764

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 05:09 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;41550 wrote:

This is false.
mommamia

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 05:47 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Quote:
This is false.

Explain
Brian764

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 06:01 pm
@mommamia,
mommamia;41563 wrote:
Explain
mommamia

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 06:08 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;41564 wrote:

Proof?
Brian764

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 07:08 pm
@mommamia,
mommamia;41565 wrote:
Proof?

God will give the children of Israel a new heart/mind

Ezekiel 11:16-20 (KJV)
16 Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet will I be to them as a little sanctuary in the countries where they shall come.
17 Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.
18 And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence.
19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: 20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Jeremiah 31:27-34 (KJV)
27 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.
28 And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them, to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down, and to destroy, and to afflict; so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the LORD.
29 In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge.
30 But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.
31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

When someone receive the Holy Spirit one is receiving the nature of God, or to put it another way, they are receiving the mind of God...a new heart/mind.

Repentance is requiried for one to receive the Holy Spirit

Acts 2:37-38 (KJV)
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

John 6:44 (KJV)
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Matthew 28:19 (KJV)
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 8:14-21 (KJV)
14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.
20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 08:22 pm
@mommamia,
I am a Christian ( IE a follower of the teachings of Christ) and I reject the trinity. Certainly people try to tell me all the time I am going to hell because I do not believe jesus and the father are one in the same. The bible clearly tells us in many places that the Father is greater than Jesus . It doesn't bother me when they tell me I am going to burn in hell either, because I now know that is a myth inserted into the bible by man. God will not torture man, he will destroy some wicked people, but he will not torture them.

Christian is a man made term , I define it as a follower of christs teachings. Christ taught some pretty plain stuff , so plain even a child can understand it .

LOL it is most often the writings of Paul that men argue over.

I agree mom one does not have to be a " christian " to be a child of God.
I think many will be surprised to learn that is true. And many sacred writings exist that were taken out of the bible in the early 1800's or were never put in because men didn't like what they said.

[SIZE="3"]Good to talk to you mom, hope to talk more in the future. [/SIZE]:thumbup::thumbup:

mommamia;41528 wrote:
Ok, peach I understand, and respect your form of christianity from what I can see of it on here, I know and love to talk bible with many christians. I was responding more to Brians comments that said from what I could tell only christians are gods children.

And only christians???

As if he didn't give that to everyone, and as if it is only apparent in a book that those who say they follow it can't agree on the message of?

I have read and studied the bible, then I realized I didn't want to read what the prophets said, I wanted to have what the prophets had, that being a personal relationship with my creator. Your relationship may be different from mine, just as my relationship with my 14yo son is different from my relationship with my 8yo daughter. And what god wants from you may be different than what god wants from me. Maybe your understanding is much higher, maybe mine is. That is not for me to judge.

I just find it rather vain to suppose that only those who follow a certain type of belief are god's children. The truth in every sacred writing can be revealed to those who search for truth, but christians need to learn to respect that not everybody believes like them, and most likely aren't meant to. I am definantly not a christian, having rejected the trinity, the need for baptism and many other core beliefs, but I am definantly a child of god. I have felt his presence, and actually credit god for saving one of my children's life, without his reply to my intense meditative prayer, she would be dead today. First let christianity get it together, then come out and judge the rest of us. It never fails as soon as you point out the many christians charged with theft, fraud, child abuse and sexual abuse and a whole host of other repulsive things, the other christians say well they aren't real christians. That is what I mean, y'all can't even decide on a definition of what a christian is, and now you say I have to be one to be a child of god?
0 Replies

mommamia

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 09:00 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
WV, it is lots more than not believing in the trinity. I just don't believe that anyone can really save me but myself. I believe Jesus was a great prophet, the first of his kind, and his words are something to think on. I do not believe any of the rubbish found in the epistles, and am pretty sure that Paul was some sort of an anti christ. In fact I believe that religon is the worlds biggest problem, I believe in relationships, not religon. I know lots of folks who do belong to religons that seem to see the same thing, and I can respect them for it. I truly believe that the plan of the Creator is different for everyone, we aren't all meant to see the same things.

I feel all religion is pretty much the same, islam, christianity, judism, buddism, pagan ect. All think the other is wrong, when really each is a little right and a little wrong. The only true wrong is to completely choose evil. Evil being to hurt a fellow human. I am just feeling decidely anti christian this weekend because they have been harassing me the last couple of days.

Brian-sorry I just don't look at the bible as proof. It's ok with me if you do though, as long as you don't expect me to.
wvpeach

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 11:04 pm
@mommamia,
Its true that men have added to and taken away from the bible mom.

Its also true what you say that God through the Holy Spirit will teach you truth. You said you have felt the Holy Spirit of God when you prayed for your child. That same spirit can teach you truth in the bible and that truth will lead you to seek other texts that men have taken out of the bible.

I know I am still learning expect to be as long as I live, but that is okay by me as long as God is the one doing the teaching.

mommamia;41587 wrote:
WV, it is lots more than not believing in the trinity. I just don't believe that anyone can really save me but myself. I believe Jesus was a great prophet, the first of his kind, and his words are something to think on. I do not believe any of the rubbish found in the epistles, and am pretty sure that Paul was some sort of an anti christ. In fact I believe that religon is the worlds biggest problem, I believe in relationships, not religon. I know lots of folks who do belong to religons that seem to see the same thing, and I can respect them for it. I truly believe that the plan of the Creator is different for everyone, we aren't all meant to see the same things.

I feel all religion is pretty much the same, islam, christianity, judism, buddism, pagan ect. All think the other is wrong, when really each is a little right and a little wrong. The only true wrong is to completely choose evil. Evil being to hurt a fellow human. I am just feeling decidely anti christian this weekend because they have been harassing me the last couple of days.

Brian-sorry I just don't look at the bible as proof. It's ok with me if you do though, as long as you don't expect me to.
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 07:17 am
@Brian764,
Brian@764;41496 wrote:
You either belive what the Bible says or reject it and then come up with your own imagination. The truth is very clear to those whom God has given it to.

Yes but your rhetoric is useless to the discussion.

God does not choose to only give to favorites. We are all His favorites.

If you wish to believe in an imperfect God then by all means enjoy.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 07:23 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;41517 wrote:
Mom

is why their is so much disagreement. But its irrelevant in the scheme of things.

Scripture indicates that a house divided against itself cannot stand.

Therefore your "irrelevant" is scipturaly false.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 07:36 am
@mommamia,
mommamia;41528 wrote:

And only christians???

GIA wrote
If not you to judge then who? We all judge our own position. This is how it is supposed to be. Only you and God know you.

what I mean, y'all can't even decide on a definition of what a christian is, and now you say I have to be one to be a child of god?

The God of exclusion died when Jesus forgave all sin and closed the doors of Hell. All of mankind is and was always destined for Heaven . God does not ever loose any of His Perfectly created souls. All His works are Perfect.

Many misguided Christians pray for God to return and fix a system that, if God is Perfect, cannot need fixing. They have little conception of what God is.
You may be on a better line to see Him.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 07:46 am
@Brian764,
Brian@764;41541 wrote:
Because the Bible said so.

Close mind now. Thought no longer required. The Bible "God" says so.

regards
DL
Brian764

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 04:59 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;41643 wrote:
Close mind now. Thought no longer required. The Bible "God" says so.

regards
DL
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 08:25 am
@Brian764,
Brian@764;41791 wrote:

Oh yee of little faith.

When you look about and see the Perfection of the systems that God has put in place then you can say you follow God.
It apperars that your God has fouled up His once Perfect reality. Impossible for God right?

My God has yet to fail as yours has. Mine cannot, it is not in His nature.

Mine will not return to fix systems that do not need fixing.
If yours must return to fix His screw up then he cannot be God.

When did your God lose His Perfection?
Why would you follow a God who has?
A back slider?

Regards
DL
Brian764

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 04:49 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;41859 wrote:
Oh yee of little faith.

When you look about and see the Perfection of the systems that God has put in place then you can say you follow God.
It apperars that your God has fouled up His once Perfect reality. Impossible for God right?

My God has yet to fail as yours has. Mine cannot, it is not in His nature.

Mine will not return to fix systems that do not need fixing.
If yours must return to fix His screw up then he cannot be God.

When did your God lose His Perfection?
Why would you follow a God who has?
A back slider?

Regards
DL

And who is my God?
0 Replies