How many sons does God have?

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 09:21 am

Genesis 6 4
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Who fathered these sons of God?

Scripture indicates that Jesus was the only son of God.

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 9,508 • Replies: 221
No top replies

Silverchild79

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 09:23 am
@Greatest I am cv,
by latest count, approx 6 billion
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 09:29 am
@Greatest I am cv,
who is this guy god :dunno:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 09:33 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;22828 wrote:
by latest count, approx 6 billion
LOL, nice.
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 12:23 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
If we are all children of God then what kind of father would cast their children into Hell for eternal suffering.
Any good parent would choose death for their children instead of eternal damnation.
Right?

Regards
DL
Reagaknight

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 12:57 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Not really, God is completely just, even if we disagree with his justice. Think of it as an eternal grounding.
0 Replies

missdixy

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 12:57 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;22926 wrote:
If we are all children of God then what kind of father would cast their children into Hell for eternal suffering.
Any good parent would choose death for their children instead of eternal damnation.
Right?

Regards
DL

Not necessarily.

What you believe a good parent would do may be very different than what God and many others believe a good parent would do. Maybe to some people and maybe even to God, good parenthood is all about giving your child that complete independence and letting him/her choose the path they want to take.
chico

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 11:33 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;22826 wrote:

Genesis 6 4
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Who fathered these sons of God?

Scripture indicates that Jesus was the only son of God.

Regards
DL

In Gen 4.26 states 'TO SETH ALSO A SON WAS BORN AND HE CALLED HIS NAME ENOSH. AT THAT TIME MEN BEGAN TO CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD'... In John 1.12 states 'BUT AS MANY AS RECEIVED HIM TO THEM GAVE HE POWER TO BECOME THE SONS OF GOD, EVEN TO THEM THAT BELIEVE ON HIS NAME...'

You see, during the time of Enosh men began to call upon the name of the LORD and according to John 1.12, those who received Him and believe on His name He gave power to become the sons of God.

Those sons of God mentioned were 'MEN' who CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD and they were the descendants of Adam through Seth... They are not angels nor spiritual beings nor superman nor batman nor spiderman...
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 12:15 pm
@missdixy,
missdixy;22942 wrote:
Not necessarily.

What you believe a good parent would do may be very different than what God and many others believe a good parent would do. Maybe to some people and maybe even to God, good parenthood is all about giving your child that complete independence and letting him/her choose the path they want to take.

Yes, and after you see your offspring choose the path of eternal pain and suffering you would let him suffer eternally instead of doing what we would do even for dumb animals. You would not end his or her suffering.

I cannot believe that you as a human would do this.
If you would I fell sorry for you.
If God would then He is not worth following because He would be treating us with less compassion than we would give a dog.
If this is your God, keep him away from anything good. He is evil.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 12:19 pm
@chico,
chico;23427 wrote:
In Gen 4.26 states 'TO SETH ALSO A SON WAS BORN AND HE CALLED HIS NAME ENOSH. AT THAT TIME MEN BEGAN TO CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD'... In John 1.12 states 'BUT AS MANY AS RECEIVED HIM TO THEM GAVE HE POWER TO BECOME THE SONS OF GOD, EVEN TO THEM THAT BELIEVE ON HIS NAME...'

You see, during the time of Enosh men began to call upon the name of the LORD and according to John 1.12, those who received Him and believe on His name He gave power to become the sons of God.

Those sons of God mentioned were 'MEN' who CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD and they were the descendants of Adam through Seth... They are not angels nor spiritual beings nor superman nor batman nor spiderman...

So calling on God allows men to produce giants.
We have not had anyone call on God for all of this time have we?
A long time, without giants, no?

Regards
DL
chico

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 07:13 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;23530 wrote:
So calling on God allows men to produce giants.
We have not had anyone call on God for all of this time have we?
A long time, without giants, no?

Regards
DL

Before the sons of God took wife the daughters of man giants were already existing. In fact in Gen 6.4 states 'THE NEPHJLIM (GIANTS) WERE ON THE EARTH IN THOSE DAYS AND ALSO AFTERWARD WHEN THE SONS OF GOD CAME TO THE DAUGHTERS OF MEN. AND THERE BORE CHILDREN TO THEM. THESE WERE THE MIGHTY MEN THAT WERE OF OLD, THE MEN OF RENOWN.'
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 08:45 am
@chico,
chico;23596 wrote:
Before the sons of God took wife the daughters of man giants were already existing. In fact in Gen 6.4 states 'THE NEPHJLIM (GIANTS) WERE ON THE EARTH IN THOSE DAYS AND ALSO AFTERWARD WHEN THE SONS OF GOD CAME TO THE DAUGHTERS OF MEN. AND THERE BORE CHILDREN TO THEM. THESE WERE THE MIGHTY MEN THAT WERE OF OLD, THE MEN OF RENOWN.'

But where did the giants come from and why would they die out. They were an improvement on man and should outlive us.

Regards
DL
briansol

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 09:35 am
@Greatest I am cv,
i beleive giants is referring to the dinsoaurs and mammoths, etc.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 09:59 am
@briansol,
briansol;23699 wrote:
i beleive giants is referring to the dinsoaurs and mammoths, etc.

Look again for the first time.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

elltee816

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 11:11 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Quote:

Originally stated by Greatest I am
Right?

Regards
DL

He gave us a way out of Hell and eternal suffering- Jesus.
One Man Clan

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 11:16 pm
@elltee816,
elltee816;23808 wrote:

Yes, give us the problem, and then the solution.

Chances are we won't accept the solution.

He made us.

He made us so that chances are we won't accept the solution.

Hardly "just".
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 07:14 am
@elltee816,
elltee816;23808 wrote:

What happens to those who died before Jesus or those on the other continents?
He cannot be the only way unless God is a God of exclusion. God is a God of inclusion. All souls are created Perfect and are destined to Heaven.

Regards
DL
Drnaline

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 07:30 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Welcome elltee816.
0 Replies

elltee816

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 05:21 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Thanks Drnaline
0 Replies

elltee816

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 05:22 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;23831 wrote:
What happens to those who died before Jesus or those on the other continents?
He cannot be the only way unless God is a God of exclusion. God is a God of inclusion. All souls are created Perfect and are destined to Heaven.

Regards
DL

well, im pretty sure those that havent had a chance to hear about Jesus dont go to hell. God is a god of inclusion since anyone can accept Jesus.