Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 03:03 am
"...and we're going to buy a NEW home!!".

Your Mum's fish, my wife's chips - there's a meal!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 03:28 am
Incendiary, my dear Watson.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 03:38 am
Having been bought up in a household full of domestic servants, the kitchen, where I rarely go, was an exotic place for me. One day, I decided to surprise my parents by making their bed tea and taking them myself to their bedroom instead of the cook.

The tea making was easy - however, when I was puring the boiling tea in the kettle, I lost grip on the pan and poured it all over my hand instead.

Till date I have burn marks on my wrist !!!

Not really a cooking disaster - but a memory which will stay with me for ever !!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 06:10 am
I had to so not use the quick reply because emoticons are in order
mr stillwater- Razz

piffka-nice blend

roger-you need to write a book with these kinds of household hints

cav -my mom did something similar, one never knows, does one?

gautam-what is Bed Tea? is that like a breakfast drink/
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 06:11 am
farmer - bed tea is tea served in bed the first thing in the morning.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 06:36 am
Are teabags involved in bed tea? Just curious. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 06:38 am
No, Indians very rarely use tea bags (I dont do that even now) we prefer to brew our tea with tea leaves, milk and ginger.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 07:59 am
gautam when I was VERY young I decided to make toast one day and so I put a fry pan on the burner...turned it up all the way and dumped a piece of bread in....when it began to smoke I just put my hand in the pan to pick up the toast....nd toasted my 2 and a half year old hand pretty well.........my mom was on the phone and not realizing what was going on....if only she were alive today I could sue her for negligence and charge her with abuse....back then it was just an accident.... Rolling Eyes :wink:
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 08:09 am
Gautam, FYI, and I don't think filter words are included:

T-bag (teabag):
When a young man decides to put his scrotum on another young mans forehead, mouth, nose, or if saggy enough both eyes.

Mention of bed tea...you know...the mind free-associates. Laughing
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 08:12 am
Laughing cav - just goes on to show how innocent I am when it comes to sex Wink

But I digress......

Most of cooking disasters have been associated with putting too much chilly in my food - I know I am hot, but I sort of insist on my food being hot as well...somehow, I just dont have the knack of putting the right amount of chilly in my dishes....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 08:15 am
Back when I was but a green chef wannabe, I nearly killed some relatives with an overly-spicy Cajun shrimp etoufee. They completely appreciate the progress I have made since, but will never forget that dinner.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 08:19 am
Hey, Cav, have you ever heard anything about Snoop Dog's older brother and his "super hot" cooking. I heard a bit on the radio the other day. Apparently he's come up with some sort of explosive sauce that is the rage of the NorthWest. Put a dab on your tongue and it blows you away.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 08:20 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Put a dab on your tongue and it blows you away.

Guess that makes after dinner cleaning a bit of a chore !!!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 08:27 am
Haven't heard of that one there gustav. My mother-in-law is from Trinidad and makes a truly fine pepper sauce with Scotch Bonnets.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 08:44 am
Here, check it out....

food
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 09:03 am
see, now the purpose of a good hot sauce isnt to just see how hot food can be made, there issome requirement to enhance taste . scotch Bonnets and habeneros are WMDs
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 09:06 am
WAD (weapons of ass destruction) more likely Smile
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 09:07 am
Aww, cmon farmerman....there is a balancing acidity in any good hot sauce, as well as salt to bring out flavour. My mother-in-law's hot sauce is also 'ripened' in the jar for a period of time to mellow it out. It's still the greatest condiment for a nice West Indian curry.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 09:40 am
Why is it, whenever there is a hot food on the table, we try to see who is daring enough to eat it? Seems to me, even at the restaurant where we met Gautam and Steve4100, that was going on.

Quote:
(overheard in a nice Indian restaurant in London)

Hey... this is really, really hot.

You're right -- it's so hot it is burning my mouth.

Yeah??

Yeah, it is!!! Here -- try some!!!!

0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 09:43 am
Laughing Piffka
0 Replies