In memory of martin Luther King

jthomas75

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 12:18 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
Wow, this thread is really off topic. What does UK, Scotland, and Ireland have to do with Martin Luther King Jr?

scooby-doo;55813 wrote:
You seem to have a bit of a problem with me honouring a great man,a man who fought for civil rights for the black people,you think he is "nothing special," i care to differ,why does the man have a a federal holiday named after him ? do you have a problem with that too ?

Yes, Martin Luther King Jr. was a great man who deserves far more respect than some or you are giving him. No only did he stive to eradicate racial unjustice in the US, but he gave his life for his beliefs. Too many black leaders have faced the same fate. Who knows how many more have not stepped forward as a result.

It is a tragedy that his dream has not fully been realized. The state of race relations in the US has only been swept under the carpet too many times rather than being fixed. Just read books like The Plexus Agenda by Andre Lewis and see how bad it is. My hope is that Barack Obama becomes President of the United States as I believe that this would be a big step in the direction of healing.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 01:37 pm
@jthomas75,
YouTube - Labi Siffre - something inside so strong
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 01:41 pm
@jthomas75,
jthomas75;56153 wrote:
Wow, this thread is really off topic. What does UK, Scotland, and Ireland have to do with Martin Luther King Jr?

Yes, Martin Luther King Jr. was a great man who deserves far more respect than some or you are giving him. No only did he stive to eradicate racial unjustice in the US, but he gave his life for his beliefs. Too many black leaders have faced the same fate. Who knows how many more have not stepped forward as a result.

It is a tragedy that his dream has not fully been realized. The state of race relations in the US has only been swept under the carpet too many times rather than being fixed. Just read books like The Plexus Agenda by Andre Lewis and see how bad it is. My hope is that Barack Obama becomes President of the United States as I believe that this would be a big step in the direction of healing.

"Yes,Martin Luther King Jr was a great man who deserves far more respect that some or YOU have given him"

I beg your pardon :dunno:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 07:56 pm
@scooby-doo cv,

What about the Catholics in Northern Ireland? What.......? You're okay with their oppression at the hands of Scots and British troops? :wtf:
Numpty

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 02:25 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56284 wrote:
What about the Catholics in Northern Ireland? What.......? You're okay with their oppression at the hands of Scots and British troops? :wtf:

Two sides to every story Pino, You ok with the slaughter of thousands of people at the hands of the IRA?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 08:39 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56284 wrote:

I have made my feelings perfectly clear on Ireland pino,the Irish people suffered greatly under British rule,for the Umpteenth time i will say i believe in a United Ireland,the country should never have been partioned.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 12:54 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;56300 wrote:
Two sides to every story Pino, You ok with the slaughter of thousands of people at the hands of the IRA?

Yes there is two sides too every story,yes people did suffer at the hands of the IRA,but who caused the problem in the 1st place,Ireland was patrioned against the will of the majority of the population,and this left a catholic minority in Northern Ireland,who then had to suffer under Unionist protestant rule,they were lucky if the could get a job simply because of their religion,the civil rights movement in the 1960s,was actually based on the black civil rights movement,and just like in the US when they marched they were attacked not only by unionists(protestants) but also the sectarian police force,its ironic that when the British army were sent in,it was to protect catholic areas that were being attacked,they were warmly greeted at first by the catholic community,but this soon changed.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 03:15 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;56300 wrote:

Bloody Sunday.
Numpty

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 04:21 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;56328 wrote:
Bloody Sunday.

Omagh Bombing.

BBC News | LATEST NEWS | Omagh bombing kills 28

I can go toe to toe with you all day on this my man,..I lived it. Was in it for 20 years, so don't come preaching to me about **** you know nothing about. Mr Scooby is well versed in one side of the troubles and I the other.
Reagaknight

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 05:22 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
A big difference being one was done by a fringe paramilitary group and the other by the British military. That happens to make a bit of a difference in the grand scheme of things.

I suppose that scooby is entitled to have an opinion about the Troubles without you being a presumptious asshole because he is left of center.
Numpty

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 06:04 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;56333 wrote:
A big difference being one was done by a fringe paramilitary group and the other by the British military. That happens to make a bit of a difference in the grand scheme of things.

I suppose that scooby is entitled to have an opinion about the Troubles without you being a presumptious *** because he is left of center.

Enligthen me as to how many the British soldiers killed Irishmen and how many this 'fringe' Paramilitary killed.

Bear in mind the arms dealing, drug dealing, racketeering, punishment beatings and knee capping, (bullets hole in the knee caps if you didn't know)

No doubt the British Military made mistakes that cost lives, this much we know, but do you condone the thousands of inoccent lives lost at the hands of a terrorist organisation?

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter is he not?

Do you support the group which blew the Twin Towers up?

If not why not?

They believe they are oppressed. Are the troubles any different?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 08:29 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty is entitled too his opinion just like the rest of us,but Pino on this thread and the other thread(patriotic underground i think) is just stupid rantings as far as im concerned.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 08:39 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;56331 wrote:
Omagh Bombing.

BBC News | LATEST NEWS | Omagh bombing kills 28

I can go toe to toe with you all day on this my man,..I lived it. Was in it for 20 years, so don't come preaching to me about **** you know nothing about. Mr Scooby is well versed in one side of the troubles and I the other.

Yep i have my own point of view numpty,which is the island of Ireland should never have been partioned,im firmly believe in a United ireland and always will,did i agree with Omagh,Birmingham,Guilford and Warrington,the answer is no,because they were civilian targets,but if i had been a boy growing up on the falls road or the bogside,i could easily have been involved in the armed struggle.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 10:46 am
@scooby-doo cv,
Quote:
Enligthen me as to how many the British soldiers killed Irishmen and how many this 'fringe' Paramilitary killed.

What, something like 14 & 28? When one was the established authorities, the other were a small group of terrorists from which this sort of thing was expected (they were not the IRA, I believe, they were indeed a fringe group), the first was the worst one.

Quote:
One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter is he not?

Do you support the group which blew the Twin Towers up?

If not why not?

I never said that. The Omagh bombings and the Twin Towers both targeted civilians, regardless of innocence, religion, etc.
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 05:08 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;56300 wrote:

Nope, but that's what you get when you invade foreign countries. Point? No one is innocent, including YOUR country. Still, we have to carry on. That's life.
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 05:13 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;56346 wrote:
Numpty is entitled too his opinion just like the rest of us,but Pino on this thread and the other thread(patriotic underground i think) is just stupid rantings as far as im concerned.

You're just pissed because I nailed you on Ireland. You can't preach against Bush when your own country has been doing the same thing for such a very long time. Your tail is curled up, Scooby. I got to you. That's called 'tough love', Boy.

PS: Half the stuff I say is in gest. For example, I wouldn't actually launch a nuclear strike against Iran. C'mon, Bro. You know better. I'd launch SEVERAL, simultaneously, AND blow up North Korea, as well.Very Happy
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 05:18 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;56320 wrote:
I have made my feelings perfectly clear on Ireland pino,the Irish people suffered greatly under British rule,for the Umpteenth time i will say i believe in a United Ireland,the country should never have been partioned.

But what are you doing, besides sitting on your bum griping about Bush? I say nothing. You're doing NOTHING to stop your own country from doing what you claim Bush, your arch-enemy in life, is doing. HYPOCRITE. How.....why is Bush such a horrible guy when you've tolerated that same kind of behavior on the part of your leaders toward Ireland for so very long?
WHERE IS THE MORAL CONSISTENCY?:no:
Numpty

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 06:23 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56420 wrote:
Nope, but that's what you get when you invade foreign countries. Point? No one is innocent, including YOUR country. Still, we have to carry on. That's life.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

OOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO.

Stop,........please stop!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Just read what you said and then transfer the statement to Iraq and the INVASION OF A FOREIGN COUNTRY

Guess when you're uninvited and try to bring peace and stability to a region you have to loose troops. thats what the troops signed up for right?

Man talk about contradiction.
Numpty

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 06:34 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;56403 wrote:
What, something like 14 & 28? When one was the established authorities, the other were a small group of terrorists from which this sort of thing was expected (they were not the IRA, I believe, they were indeed a fringe group), the first was the worst one.

I never said that. The Omagh bombings and the Twin Towers both targeted civilians, regardless of innocence, religion, etc.

Sorry i didn't make myself clear. How many people were killed by the British Army after Bloody Sunday and how many people were killed by Republican Paramilitaries.

The point I am trying to make with out any prejudice is that what is difference between Ireland and what Alqueeda (spell) are doing at he moment. Make no mistake I do not condone any of the **** that is going on and any terrorist should be taken down like any soldier on a battlefield.

Again we in the UK lived under the threat of terrorist attack, had we adopted the US stance N.Ireland wouldn't be there anymore, just be a smoking hole.

Fear is your biggest enemy,...not the terrorists. As I said, lived it smelled it. Ask me and I will list what I experinced at the hands of terrorists, more than you ever have or will I am sure,...Unless you live in NY.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 06:56 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
I never said I supported terroristic actions. I support the cause of the IRA, but the end doesn't always justify the means, of course not. But there's only so much crap you can take before you do something about it yourself, especially when the established authorities are the problem.
0 Replies