In memory of martin Luther King

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 07:52 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;55857 wrote:
Like anyone was threatening to secede from Britain if slavery was abolished.

That kinda furthers my point wouldn't you say? :dunno:
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 08:01 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
Yeah, so Brits are more sophisticated than Southerners and pizza tastes better than crap. The north had abolitionists way before Britain abolished slavery.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 08:05 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;55870 wrote:
Yeah, so Brits are more sophisticated than Southerners and pizza tastes better than crap. The north had abolitionists way before Britain abolished slavery.

Never said they didn't.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 04:36 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;55855 wrote:
1836. Big deal. It was practiced in Brazil until 1888. So what? And yes.........the Brits conquered the Boers in 1902, incorporated their two republics into the British Empire, and then came Apartheid in South Africa. SCOTS SERVED IN THE BRITISH MILITARY, WHICH PERPETRATED THIS NEFARIOUS BUSINESS. Scooby bathes in the same blood. :no:

Ofcourse scots were part of the British Military,it isnt a secret pino,and i think i have made my feelings perfectly clear about the "British Empire" but Apartheid was introduced by the Afrikaners 1948,South Africa had alot in common with the American South.
Reagaknight

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 05:42 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;55881 wrote:
Ofcourse scots were part of the British Military,it isnt a secret pino,and i think i have made my feelings perfectly clear about the "British Empire" but Apartheid was introduced by the Afrikaners 1948,South Africa had alot in common with the American South.

Yeah, you guys did a fine job of fixing that.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 06:45 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;55917 wrote:
Yeah, you guys did a fine job of fixing that.

Fixing what exactly ?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 03:55 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
Apartheid. Nice going, you kicked those Boer bastards out and made everything nice again.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 06:19 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;55960 wrote:
Apartheid. Nice going, you kicked those Boer bastards out and made everything nice again.

The Boer war was from 1899-1902,Apartheid was introduced in 1948 offficially,by the Afrikaners,the war itself wasn't really about the black people it was about it was about colonialism and self-interest and who control the mineral rich lands,the boers or the brits.

I never claimed for one minute Britain made everthing nice again.
Numpty

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 08:15 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;55863 wrote:
Like they had any choice, it's not like they hadn't attempt to escape English rule.

Easy tiger, we as a 'British' Nation have managed to survive as a group of nations for over 300 years English, Welsh, Scotish, Northern Irish all living together as one. I myself am the first to take the piss out of the Welsh, Scotish and Northern Irish, it is part of our sense of humour, but break it down and as shown in two World Wars we are a nation, let know one tell you different (our last two Prime Ministers have been Scottish)

Dr Martin Luther King was about 'Human Rights' what he talked about and what he tried to instill in the people who listened was we are all equal and that no man has just cause to rule another because of their sking colour, social standing or political stance.

So what if as a nation the British did things that today seem inconceivable, get over it, **** happened, it was a different world back then. We need to see past what happened to slaves and such things, remember what happened and ensure we never fall into that trap again.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 09:10 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;56030 wrote:
Easy tiger, we as a 'British' Nation have managed to survive as a group of nations for over 300 years English, Welsh, Scotish, Northern Irish all living together as one. I myself am the first to take the piss out of the Welsh, Scotish and Northern Irish, it is part of our sense of humour, but break it down and as shown in two World Wars we are a nation, let know one tell you different (our last two Prime Ministers have been Scottish)

Dr Martin Luther King was about 'Human Rights' what he talked about and what he tried to instill in the people who listened was we are all equal and that no man has just cause to rule another because of their sking colour, social standing or political stance.

So what if as a nation the British did things that today seem inconceivable, get over it, **** happened, it was a different world back then. We need to see past what happened to slaves and such things, remember what happened and ensure we never fall into that trap again.

What does that have to do with Scots serving in the British military? I was merely pointing out that while some horrible things were done by the British military and yes the Scots were apart of that, but it was not of choice in many cases.

I know Great Britain (UK) as well as the United States has a dark past, and it's best to acknowledge this so that those things don't happen again. I was not picking on England.
Numpty

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 04:47 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;56032 wrote:
What does that have to do with Scots serving in the British military? I was merely pointing out that while some horrible things were done by the British military and yes the Scots were apart of that, but it was not of choice in many cases.

I know Great Britain (UK) as well as the United States has a dark past, and it's best to acknowledge this so that those things don't happen again. I was not picking on England.

No worries, I didn't think you were. had a few beers and got a bit too patriotic Very Happy
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 08:12 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;55881 wrote:
Yup, interference from the brits.
DiversityDriven

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 08:20 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;55974 wrote:
The Boer war was from 1899-1902,Apartheid was introduced in 1948 offficially,by the Afrikaners,the war itself wasn't really about the black people it was about it was about colonialism and self-interest and who control the mineral rich lands,the boers or the brits.

I never claimed for one minute Britain made everthing nice again.

Why didn't you claim it, you trying to hide? Pretty funny you brits talk about us relentlessly about this same **** over and over, yet never mention your hypocracy? This seems to be a runnin trend with you guys, why is that?
DiversityDriven

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 08:42 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;56030 wrote:

Quote:
Easy tiger, we as a 'British' Nation have managed to survive as a group of nations for over 300 years English, Welsh, Scotish, Northern Irish all living together as one.
Seems we had to save you ass a numbers of times, pretty nice coming from a country that is willing to over look your transgressions, don't you think?
Quote:
let know one tell you different
No one need tell us anything. But that don't stop you does it.
Quote:
Sure goes against colonialism don't it?
Quote:
So what if as a nation the British did things that today seem inconceivable, get over it, **** happened,
So what if America has, will you ever mention it again? Very likely. Turn about is fair play. We are certainly within our right arn't we! We'll get over when you do, you tell us the chance of that happening.
Quote:
it was a different world back then. We need to see past what happened to slaves and such things, remember what happened and ensure we never fall into that trap again
Your preaching to the choir, after you look in the mirror get back to us and tell me what you saw. If you didn't see a hypocrite then i don't see this being resolved any time soon, mmmkay.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 12:22 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;56050 wrote:
Yup, interference from the brits.

Interference from both Brits and Afrikaners,fighting over land that wasn't theirs in the 1st place,if you check my post's you wont find me praising the British Empire,far from it !
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 12:27 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;56052 wrote:
Why didn't you claim it, you trying to hide? Pretty funny you brits talk about us relentlessly about this same **** over and over, yet never mention your hypocracy? This seems to be a runnin trend with you guys, why is that?

"Why didn't you claim it,you trying to hide" what the hell are you talking about ? hide what ? you wont find me defending the British Empire,but it was the Afrikaners that introduced Apartheid in 1948 and denied the Black population the vote until 1994.
DiversityDriven

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 05:56 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;56075 wrote:
Interference from both Brits and Afrikaners,fighting over land that wasn't theirs in the 1st place,if you check my post's you wont find me praising the British Empire,far from it !
Don't see you claimin it either. Hypocrite
DiversityDriven

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 05:57 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;56077 wrote:
"Why didn't you claim it,you trying to hide" what the hell are you talking about ? hide what ? you wont find me defending the British Empire,but it was the Afrikaners that introduced Apartheid in 1948 and denied the Black population the vote until 1994.
I know, we will probably never see you defend the british empire.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 08:06 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;56104 wrote:
Don't see you claimin it either. Hypocrite

Clamiming what ? and how am i a hypocrite ?
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 08:07 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;56105 wrote:
I know, we will probably never see you defend the british empire.

Nope,becuase the British Empire is no more,long gone :lightbulb:
0 Replies