the british royal family

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 01:48 pm
your opinions,now im a republican :eek: no not an american one thankfully :cool: but i just do see the point in this day and age of a royal family,off with their heads.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,329 • Replies: 54
No top replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 03:27 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
Careful, your humor is starting to show...
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 04:59 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
Did scooby intentionally make a funny.. I pee'd a little
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 05:00 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;23035 wrote:
Did scooby intentionally make a funny.. I pee'd a little

LMAO!!
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 06:33 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;22975 wrote:
your opinions,now im a republican :eek: no not an american one thankfully :cool: but i just do see the point in this day and age of a royal family,off with their heads.

I'm confused so I'll quote you Scoob: I just do see the point in this day and age of a royal family? So by your own admission you DO see the point of having the Royal Family. Or did you forget "Do not" see the point. My English friends think the Scots politically have their cake and they eat it to. Are Scots really cheap tastards Scooby?
Reagaknight

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 06:35 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
And did you or did you not steal lands from the Picts? Answer the question this time.

I thought you were half Scotch, Red?
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 06:40 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
She's half scotch and half soda.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 06:42 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
Lol...
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 09:44 pm
@Red cv,
Red;23063 wrote:
I'm confused so I'll quote you Scoob: I just do see the point in this day and age of a royal family? So by your own admission you DO see the point of having the Royal Family. Or did you forget "Do not" see the point. My English friends think the Scots politically have their cake and they eat it to. Are Scots really cheap tastards Scooby?

I think the "off with their heads" phrase might be a clue Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 05:17 am
@scooby-doo cv,
Personally, I think the princes are pieces of cake...how'd they turn out so well? Their mum would be so proud...they are so not like their grandmother...all stodgy and protocol.
0 Replies

Skye cv

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 06:33 am
@scooby-doo cv,
I have never believed in primogeniture - being famous and beloved and exalted because of an accident of birth.

The princes are adorable - but no more so than many other young people of their peer group - many of whom are far more intelligent than William and Harry. Publicity can sway so many heads it always amazes me.

Royalty is one of the most successful and long lasting publicity games known to mankind excepting war.

I have often suggested the poor belabored citizens paying their 'national dues' in the U.K. (which many can ill afford even with all their benefits also well publicized around the world)... may save quite a bit of money if they simply take some lovely pictures and buy a potted plant - put the display of historical and notable figures in a sanctifed museum and promote tourism in a big way and release the rather mundane Windsor clan to their country castles as in only necessary for the immediate members, and leave them in peace.

As they wish they could raise their own funds by conducting tours of their homesteads - as so many other high ranking foo fahs....who carry thousand year old titles - meaning nothing of worth to the British taxpayers.
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 06:48 am
@Skye cv,
Skye;23107 wrote:
I have never believed in primogeniture - being famous and beloved and exalted because of an accident of birth.

The princes are adorable - but no more so than many other young people of their peer group - many of whom are far more intelligent than William and Harry. Publicity can sway so many heads it always amazes me.

Royalty is one of the most successful and long lasting publicity games known to mankind excepting war.

I have often suggested the poor belabored citizens paying their 'national dues' in the U.K. (which many can ill afford even with all their benefits also well publicized around the world)... may save quite a bit of money if they simply take some lovely pictures and buy a potted plant - put the display of historical and notable figures in a sanctifed museum and promote tourism in a big way and release the rather mundane Windsor clan to their country castles as in only necessary for the immediate members, and leave them in peace.

As they wish they could raise their own funds by conducting tours of their homesteads - as so many other high ranking foo fahs....who carry thousand year old titles - meaning nothing of worth to the British taxpayers.

I see your point. I think Diana was the best thing to happen to the monarchy...she made the royals, accessible, finally, and somewhat ended the mystique, exposing warts and all.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 07:18 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;23064 wrote:
And did you or did you not steal lands from the Picts? Answer the question this time.

Quote:
And did you or did you not steal lands from the Picts? Answer the question this time
Youhoo Scooby, i'd like an answer too? You homeland terrorist you, LOL.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 10:41 am
@Red cv,
Red;23063 wrote:

i should have put in a not lol i dont really give a **** what your english friends think :thumbup: but they have benifited from north sea oil,which lie in scottish waters :thumbup:
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 10:43 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;23064 wrote:

lol the picts were 2 thousand years ago,so i might have a bit of a problem knowing if im a natural pict or not :thumbup:
Drnaline

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 10:56 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;23169 wrote:
i should have put in a not lol i dont really give a **** what your english friends think :thumbup: but they have benifited from north sea oil,which lie in scottish waters :thumbup:
And you've benifited from there protection.
Drnaline

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 10:57 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;23171 wrote:
lol the picts were 2 thousand years ago,so i might have a bit of a problem knowing if im a natural pict or not :thumbup:
what's your opinion then?
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 11:00 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;23188 wrote:
And you've benifited from there protection.

we benifited from their protection ? hmm,now thats a matter of opinion
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 11:01 am
@scooby-doo cv,
Your not speaking german are you?
socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 11:05 am
@scooby-doo cv,
The way things are going the will be speaking farsi. A young girl in England was told not to wear a ring on her finger because of the religious implication engraved on the ring. However, there is nothing said about other girls in school from the middle east that wear towels on their heads and wear religious jewelry.
0 Replies