Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 11:09 am
Colored Pencil (2002)http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgDeApMWvFs6mTbvOSGUKkDn9BbbGhfjbZLHumEYUjStqPFdO1LQ2rTO!hCv2PbiTarLvzBdH3UC4X7aPuczIjTcvmDuJ19Y*ILuq9oQpFs3oxLKxcD2HA/Nocturne.JPG?dc=4675396459187279999
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,022 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 09:13 am
Your interested in something more....but your only able to paint it.
0 Replies

Buzzcook

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 04:47 pm
Aherman: This one of my favorites.

I think here you have captured a mood and sense of movement that makes the poor walker insignificant in the face or a looming world. The trees move the clouds and sky even the land itself appear to be in motion. Yet the figure, even though it to is demonstrably moveing, seems to be still.
I'm a very big fan of Edvard Munch, this seems to be evocative of his work. You don't happen to hang out with young redheads do you ;-)

Buzzcook
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 04:49 pm
Is the walker walking or standing and looking up at the tree on the right?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 04:52 pm
Looks like the trees are dancing.

Asherman, have you done any paintings from up north - like in abiquiu?
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 05:26 pm
Thanks all. So far we haven't done much traveling around New Mexico. Too busy settling into Corazon, and retirement. Have to admit the budget is a little strained to. I expect that I'll be doing more Southwestern stuff when the weather becomes warmer, and the "studio" is more comfortable.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 05:28 pm
oh! You're new to the area?
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 05:51 pm
I retired on 31MAR01, and arrived in Albuquerque on 01AP01. I started negotiating the purchase of Corazon before the end of April, and Natalie retired in mid-May. I flew to L.A. and drove her to Albuquerque where she first saw the house. Actually, we didn't move in until June. During the first year we poured a small fortune into the place, and began to restore its former glory. Our house in L.A. was about 1000 sq. ft., and Corazon is over 3,300 sq. feet. Our garage now is about the size of our old house. We dumped a lot of furniture and pared our library down by several thousand books before moving to New Mexico. Now at last, we have pretty much furnished the house.

I need to get the heater in the garage/studio fixed so I can work there during the cold months. We need to replace the old furnaces and airconditioners (there are two furnaces, two airconditioners and one swamp cooler). The upgrading of the grounds is barely begun, and will take several more years to bring up to minimums.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 05:54 pm
Wow, lucky you. I love NM.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 05:54 pm
I didn't see this in your galleries. I've really been enjoying seeing your work.

(what the heck is a swamp cooler?)
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 05:59 pm
A swamp cooler is an evaporative air conditioner common in the Southwest. A steady, but small, amount of water flows over/through filters. The water evaporates causing the air to cool. A fan draws the moist, cool air into ducts that cool the house. This is a particularily effective means of making houses in warm, dry areas comfortable.
0 Replies