I need to be Catholic

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 01:48 pm
@rugonnacry,
Well, the Bible is the best document we have for the time and place, whether you prefer it in a religious context or not.
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 05:29 pm
@rugonnacry,
Man, I love the Bible. I read it every day. I plan to really dive into it this summer. I'm turning FITTY. I plan to teach until the end of my days. I already have a Master's (e.g., no more degree-seeking). I'm putting my son through college. SO......it's time to do what I want to do, and read, read, read, it is. Yipper.
0 Replies

trappedbyparties

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 06:14 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;18381 wrote:
LOL.. The bible isn;t entirely fiction, the supporting cast probably did exist, its the main chaercters and their actual roles that you can't prove.

ahhhhhhhhhhh roooommmmiiiiuuuuuuusss jjjjjeeeeeesssssuuuususssssiiooouususss cccaaaaarrrrrrttttutuuuuummmm!!!! Dude i think you hit the nail right on the head. I have said this in a hundred difrent ways on this site.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 07:52 pm
@markx15,
markx15;18405 wrote:
Can you prove that anyone existed way back then? I mean actual documents? You could probably scrounge up a few documents, but it wouldn't account for every man woman and child. It is a question of faith not science, they support each other to their limitations, science's limitation is actually the same as faith's, proof. when you fail to achieve proof, the only option is to believe or not to, what certainty do you have from not believeing? I know the complete confidence and happiness that those who closely follow Jesus posses, and you are unwilling to do the same why? Lack of proof? The teachings exist, they are there for the viewing, many who have read have been inspired. I can assure you that if you give yourself completly to faith you will be happy until you begin to disbelieve.

I am completely happy in my own beliefs. and very confident.
rugonnacry

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 07:54 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;18451 wrote:
Well, the Bible is the best document we have for the time and place, whether you prefer it in a religious context or not.

As far as a history I think it is very good, I DONT believe that everything was divine will or intervention. I think things happened and they could not explain them so they made up an explanation.

In the last 200 years we have had things happen that if we wrote it down in the same manner as the bible. It would look very simmilar.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 02:35 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;18497 wrote:
I am completely happy in my own beliefs. and very confident.

Then why not leave others of the same disposition but different beliefs alone?
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 04:17 pm
@rugonnacry,
Those who speak against the Church will roast in the ovens of the Spanish Inquisition.....only after, many, gleeful bag-mashings have gone down, hard.
0 Replies

chico

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 10:30 pm
@rugonnacry,
1. Why Catholic was perceived to be 'BABYLON MYSTERY RELIGION'?
2. Why do Catholics worship Mary?
3. Did Mary remain virgin in her entire life?
4. Mary has children from Joseph?
5. Was Peter the first Pope?
6. Is Pagan origin of Papal Office?
7. did you read the Papal immorality?
8. Are Popes infallible?
9. Why unmarried priesthood?
10. Did Jesus died on a Friday as Catholic claimed?

Ther are many questions unanswered?
Reagaknight

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 08:05 am
@rugonnacry,
Oh, come on, it's as though you aren't even trying.

I would assume it's because fundies are assholes.

Basically sums it up. We don't worship Mary.

Yes.

No, and any verse that claims so relies on a misinterpreted word that they say is "brother," I believe.

Yawn. Yes.

What?

What?

8. Are Popes infallible?

On issues of theology, yes.

Jesus was not married.

Does it really matter?
Drnaline

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 08:49 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;18624 wrote:
Then why not leave others of the same disposition but different beliefs alone?

The site would be empty.
0 Replies

chico

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 06:54 am
@chico,
chico;23424 wrote:
8. Are Popes infallible?

There are a lot of never ending discussion with Catholic church and its doctrines... My question is why? There must be wrong with it..

In Rev 17.5 '... and on her forehead was wriiten a name of mystery; "babylon the great, mother of harlots and of earth's abominations"'

In our country catholics kneel and pray to Mary. They carry Mary in their shoulders in a procession.

In Matthew 1.25 '..behold a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and his name shall be called Emmanuel which means God with us. When Joseph woke from sleep, he dis as the angel of the Lord commanded him; he took his wife, KNEW her not until she had borne a son;..'
In Gen 4.1 'now Adam KNEW Eve his wife and she conceived and bore Cain...'
In Gen 4.17 'Cain KNEW his wife and she conceived and bore Enoch...'
In Gen 4.25 'and Adam KNEW his wife again and she bore a son and called his name Seth..'

KNEW is synonimous to sexual relation or intercourse. Meaning Joseph never had sexual relation with Mary until after she bore Jesus... Mary does not remain virgin in her entire life and...................

bore children with Joseph in Mark 6.3 'is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary and brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon and are not his sisters here with us?...'
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 10:20 am
@rugonnacry,
Quote:
is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary and brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon and are not his sisters here with us?...

Catholic Answers wrote:
When Catholics call Mary the "Blessed Virgin," they mean she remained a virgin throughout her life. When Protestants refer to Mary as "virgin," they mean she was a virgin only until Jesus’ birth. They believe that she and Joseph later had children whom Scripture refers to as "the brethren of the Lord." The disagreement arises over biblical verses that use the terms "brethren," "brother," and "sister."

There are about ten instances in the New Testament where "brothers" and "sisters" of the Lord are mentioned (Matt. 12:46; Matt. 13:55; Mark 3:31–34; Mark 6:3; Luke 8:19–20; John 2:12, 7:3, 5, 10; Acts 1:14; 1 Cor. 9:5).

When trying to understand these verses, note that the term "brother" (Greek: adelphos) has a wide meaning in the Bible. It is not restricted to the literal meaning of a full brother or half-brother. The same goes for "sister" (adelphe) and the plural form "brothers" (adelphoi). The Old Testament shows that "brother" had a wide semantic range of meaning and could refer to any male relative from whom you are not descended (male relatives from whom you are descended are known as "fathers") and who are not descended from you (your male descendants, regardless of the number of generations removed, are your "sons"), as well as kinsmen such as cousins, those who are members of the family by marriage or by law rather than by blood, and even friends or mere political allies (2 Sam. 1:26; Amos 1:9).

Lot, for example, is called Abraham’s "brother" (Gen. 14:14), even though, being the son of Haran, Abraham’s brother (Gen. 11:26–28), he was actually Abraham’s nephew. Similarly, Jacob is called the "brother" of his uncle Laban (Gen. 29:15). Kish and Eleazar were the sons of Mahli. Kish had sons of his own, but Eleazar had no sons, only daughters, who married their "brethren," the sons of Kish. These "brethren" were really their cousins (1 Chr. 23:21–22).

The terms "brothers," "brother," and "sister" did not refer only to close relatives. Sometimes they meant kinsmen (Deut. 23:7; Neh. 5:7; Jer. 34:9), as in the reference to the forty-two "brethren" of King Azariah (2 Kgs. 10:13–14).
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 10:39 am
@rugonnacry,
Bottom line: the Christian community existed long before the Bible. It created the Bible. Many of its traditions pre-date the Bible. It was Martin Luther, who in 1517, first successfully rebelled against the Catholic Church, and invented the idea that the Bible should be the sole authority of Christian truth. His idea 'took' like wildfire within many communities. Nonetheless, history tells the ultimate truth -- THE COMMUNITY EXISTED BEFORE THE BIBLE, AND CREATED THE BIBLE. THEREFORE, THE BIBLE CANNOT BE LOGICALLY USED AGAINST THE COMMUNITY.
One Man Clan

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 02:41 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;24075 wrote:
Bottom line: the Christian community existed long before the Bible. It created the Bible. Many of its traditions pre-date the Bible. It was Martin Luther, who in 1517, first successfully rebelled against the Catholic Church, and invented the idea that the Bible should be the sole authority of Christian truth. His idea 'took' like wildfire within many communities. Nonetheless, history tells the ultimate truth -- THE COMMUNITY EXISTED BEFORE THE BIBLE, AND CREATED THE BIBLE. THEREFORE, THE BIBLE CANNOT BE LOGICALLY USED AGAINST THE COMMUNITY.

Err, that makes it only more logical to use the bible against "the community"...
0 Replies

chico

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 09:34 pm
@rugonnacry,
Reagaknight,

How about Mat 1.25>?
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 09:42 pm
@Reagaknight,

I would assume regaknight says asshole more than I do

No they just pray to her.

NO. She was married her entire life. no married couple NEVER gets it on. Thats just silly to think.

Probably.

AS far as I have read Yes

I dont get this one either.

No

8. Are Popes infallible?

Of course. According to catholics the only time they are NOT fallible is when the pope sits on the chair of st. peter.

They are married to God. (Jesus WAS married Reag. to Mary Magdeline. (mary Magdeline was not considered a whore or NOT married to Jesus untill Catholic Church decided to make Jesus a divine entity.

I thought FRIDAY was supposed to be the day he was allegedly resurected
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 04:17 pm
@chico,
chico;24205 wrote:
Reagaknight,

How about Mat 1.25>?

Weak argument. It never says anything about Joseph having more children with Mary, etc., it can only be interpreted as such.

Quote:
No they just pray to her.

Not that either.

Quote:
They are married to God. (Jesus WAS married Reag. to Mary Magdeline. (mary Magdeline was not considered a whore or NOT married to Jesus untill Catholic Church decided to make Jesus a divine entity.

No need for proof if you say it, I suppose.
Quote:

I thought FRIDAY was supposed to be the day he was allegedly resurected

Try SUnday.
chico

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 08:07 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;24299 wrote:
Weak argument. It never says anything about Joseph having more children with Mary, etc., it can only be interpreted as such.

Weak argument? I will give a strong argument.....

In Luke chap 2.41 onward...'Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the Passover and when he (Jesus) was 12 yr old they went up according to custom and when the feast was ended as they were returning, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem. His parents did not know it, but supposing him to be in the company they went a day's journey and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintances and when they did not find him they returned to Jerusalem seeking him...'

If Jesus was the only child 'unica hijo' then why did Joseph and Mary did not notice Jesus was not in the company when they returned back from Jerusalem? It will be said that Joseph and Mary were irresponsible parent with only one child they can not take care... If you are a parent of single child will you forgot and let your child to be left????? Common sense.......... Joseph and Mary have many children biologically sons and daughter of Joseph.....
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 08:10 pm
@rugonnacry,
Not really strong. It was Passover, the streets must have been crowded, they were in at least a moderately large party, but it says nothing of their other children.
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 08:22 pm
@chico,
chico;23424 wrote:
8. Are Popes infallible?

Why is any of this important to you?:wtf:
0 Replies