I need to be Catholic

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 07:04 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;17727 wrote:
Ever hear (read) about the rich man and Lazarus?

Yes

But that is not Catholicism.

according to Catholics Lazurus would have just went to purgatory for 1000 years.
Volunteer

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 07:07 pm
@rugonnacry,
19 "There was a rich man who would dress in purple and fine linen, feasting lavishly every day. 20 But a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, was left at his gate. 21 He longed to be filled with what fell from the rich man's table, but instead the dogs would come and lick his sores. 22 One day the poor man died and was carried away by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torment in Hades, he looked up and saw Abraham a long way off, with Lazarus at his side. 24 'Father Abraham! ' he called out, 'Have mercy on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this flame!'
25 " 'Son,' Abraham said, 'remember that during your life you received your good things, just as Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here, while you are in agony. 26 Besides all this, a great chasm has been fixed between us and you, so that those who want to pass over from here to you cannot; neither can those from there cross over to us.'

27 " 'Father,' he said, 'then I beg you to send him to my father's house— 28 because I have five brothers—to warn them, so they won't also come to this place of torment.'

29 "But Abraham said, 'They have Moses and the prophets; they should listen to them.'

30 " 'No, father Abraham,' he said. 'But if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.'

31 "But he told him, 'If they don't listen to Moses and the prophets, they will not be persuaded if someone rises from the dead. ' "
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 07:10 pm
@rugonnacry,
Knight... Sure he would Catolics are always right.

Vol...

Thak you for the scritpt

Catholics still say I can go to heaven to if I repent when jesus shows up.
Volunteer

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 07:11 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;17732 wrote:

Vol...

Thak you for the scritpt

Revelation seems to say otherwise.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 07:15 pm
@rugonnacry,
Lol, this thread rocks!!!
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 07:16 pm
@rugonnacry,
Revelations LOL written while High as a kite interpreted as a dream.

Revelations also says only 12 thousand of each of the 12 houses (144,000 total if you do the math) will be rescued at rapture, the rest of us get fucked.

It has been fun, this is deffinitely not my last post, But I am through for the night. The little woman is home dinner needs to be cooked, and the little sister just arrived to see us for the weekend.

Everyone Enjoy your evening, and If I do not argue with you more before tuesday, then have a great Memorial weekend as well. (Actually if I do argue with you more I hope you have a great Memorial weekend too LOL)
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 07:26 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;17732 wrote:

Vol...

Thak you for the scritpt

Go ahead and say that all you want. If your not sincere and you only repent because of a miracle, you go to Hell.

And how polite you are for someone who's spent the last couple hours of his life trying as hard as he can to annoy people. Have a nice Memorial Day
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 08:00 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;17692 wrote:
How many times have you had a dick in your ass while typing the **** you post on here?

I love this stuff. 92Bravo got me hooked on it. Here I go, to contribute:

You ****** piece of *******. You're a ***** *******, who can't even hold on to his own *********. I'm gonna put my size 12 cowboy boot about three feet up your *********, turn it, and then jerk it out, harder than a ******** in a frig'n *******, you ****** ******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
trappedbyparties

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 08:10 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;17738 wrote:
Go ahead and say that all you want. If your not sincere and you only repent because of a miracle, you go to Hell.

And how polite you are for someone who's spent the last couple hours of his life trying as hard as he can to annoy people. Have a nice Memorial Day

so i guess thomas went to hell? He said he would not believe unless he saw the wounds where the nails went through the hand. actually there was alot of that. In another thread you use mirracles as proof that God exists, mirracles that changed peoples beliefs. Altho my former denomination believed that you only had to exept God once. And there were no formal repentances in front of a mediator/messenger. It was between you and God. No middle man. But honestly, How can you tell the right amount of sin before it is time to repent? If you repent every time you sin you would be repenting all day long, almost every second acording to priests and pastors and well any religious leader. maybe everynight before you go to bed, would be sufficient. Repent for all of the sins you commited during the day. But i don't need to speak it in front of a priest or pastor. I probably don't pray like you do regan, but i still pray and ask for forgiveness every day, but i talk to God and not a third party. Is that going to send me to hell? Just want to clarify your personal beliefs and not the generic catholic answer.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 07:51 am
@rugonnacry,
You're a ************!!!!! Your mother wears ********** boots. You can ******* my *********, and then ********** some more. Do you hear me, you ***********?????? You're a *********** anyway. You've got a ********** so far up you ************, you can't even *********!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take that, you ********** *** ** *********!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 08:21 am
@trappedbyparties,
trapped.by.parties;17752 wrote:
so i guess thomas went to hell? He said he would not believe unless he saw the wounds where the nails went through the hand. actually there was alot of that. In another thread you use mirracles as proof that God exists, mirracles that changed peoples beliefs. Altho my former denomination believed that you only had to exept God once. And there were no formal repentances in front of a mediator/messenger. It was between you and God. No middle man. But honestly, How can you tell the right amount of sin before it is time to repent? If you repent every time you sin you would be repenting all day long, almost every second acording to priests and pastors and well any religious leader. maybe everynight before you go to bed, would be sufficient. Repent for all of the sins you commited during the day. But i don't need to speak it in front of a priest or pastor. I probably don't pray like you do regan, but i still pray and ask for forgiveness every day, but i talk to God and not a third party. Is that going to send me to hell? Just want to clarify your personal beliefs and not the generic catholic answer.

Catholics repent without the help of a priest, who said you need to go to confession every time you repent? Do you actually know what goes on during confession? The priest is trained to offer you advice, he can recommend the right amount of prayers to say for penance according to the severity of your sins. Prayers to God, not him. And it can act like therapy, as I said before, he can offer advice on what to do.
Volunteer

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 08:21 am
@trappedbyparties,
so i guess thomas went to hell? He said he would not believe unless he saw the wounds where the nails went through the hand. actually there was alot of that.

Thomas was shown as an illustration. His doubt was shown to allow Christ Jesus to illustrate how people who came after that generation should believe.

Did Thomas suffer the same trials and tribulations as the other Apostles?
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 08:36 am
@trappedbyparties,
In another thread you use mirracles as proof that God exists, mirracles that changed peoples beliefs. Altho my former denomination believed that you only had to exept God once. And there were no formal repentances in front of a mediator/messenger. It was between you and God. No middle man. But honestly, How can you tell the right amount of sin before it is time to repent? If you repent every time you sin you would be repenting all day long, almost every second acording to priests and pastors and well any religious leader. maybe everynight before you go to bed, would be sufficient. Repent for all of the sins you commited during the day. But i don't need to speak it in front of a priest or pastor. I probably don't pray like you do regan, but i still pray and ask for forgiveness every day, but i talk to God and not a third party. Is that going to send me to hell? Just want to clarify your personal beliefs and not the generic catholic answer.
rugonnacry

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 08:58 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;17748 wrote:
I love this stuff. 92Bravo got me hooked on it. Here I go, to contribute:

You ****** piece of *******. You're a ***** *******, who can't even hold on to his own *********. I'm gonna put my size 12 cowboy boot about three feet up your *********, turn it, and then jerk it out, harder than a ******** in a frig'n *******, you ****** ******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

YEAH umm
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 09:00 am
@rugonnacry,
2 Timothy 2:14-26, “Remind them of these things, charging them before God not to fight about words; this is in no way profitable and leads to the ruin of the hearers. Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who doesn't need to be ashamed, correctly teaching the word of truth. But avoid irreverent, empty speech, for this will produce an even greater measure of godlessness. And their word will spread like gangrene, among whom are Hymenaeus and Philetus. They have deviated from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already taken place, and are overturning the faith of some. Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, having this inscription:

The Lord knows those who are His, and

Everyone who names the name of the Lord

must turn away from unrighteousness.

Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver bowls, but also those of wood and earthenware, some for special use, some for ordinary. So if anyone purifies himself from these things, he will be a special instrument, set apart, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.

Flee from youthful passions, and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. But reject foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they breed quarrels. The Lord's slave must not quarrel, but must be gentle to everyone, able to teach, and patient, instructing his opponents with gentleness. Perhaps God will grant them repentance to know the truth. Then they may come to their senses and escape the Devil's trap, having been captured by him to do his will.”
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 09:01 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;17765 wrote:
Catholics repent without the help of a priest, who said you need to go to confession every time you repent? Do you actually know what goes on during confession? The priest is trained to offer you advice, he can recommend the right amount of prayers to say for penance according to the severity of your sins. Prayers to God, not him. And it can act like therapy, as I said before, he can offer advice on what to do.

Thats why the Priest Absolves you of your sins. I was Rasied As a follower of fatima. So yes I am well aware of how confession works.
Volunteer

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 09:03 am
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;17773 wrote:
Thats why the Priest Absolves you of your sins. I was Rasied As a follower of fatima. So yes I am well aware of how confession works.

Sins are not against a priest, they are against God.
rugonnacry

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 09:06 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;17769 wrote:

Spirtitual Warfare LMAO.

I have not led anyone to believe I am Christian, I have point blank said this idea of god by christian deffinition is sh!t.

This thread was started to point out that I can still go to heaven if there is such a place according to Catholic Dogma.

To put more of my beliefs on th eline, IF half the people that HAve accepted Jesus as their saviour, actually did go to this Heaven. Then you all can keep it.
rugonnacry

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 09:10 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;17774 wrote:
Sins are not against a priest, they are against God.

You can Argue and say my beliefs are wrong, and you are just a person with a conflicting view.

Now you are trying to say Catholics are wrong?

The nerve you have, sucj blind faith.

Fundamentalist Christianity *shiver*

Why is it tunnel vision is bad in EVERY Aspect of life, but not religion.

Why is it we question the validity of everythig, but not religion.

Why is it that YOU pick and choose which parts of the bible fit for you, and translate the rest of it in your own way so as you feel like less of a **** up?

Living my life based on an intangible father figure, who will spank me when I do wrong is not a life at all.
Reagaknight

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 09:23 am
@rugonnacry,
Quote:

So? Thorugh the priest, God forgives you. Why do you care if this is how Catholics usually choose to repent because of the benefits?
0 Replies