Illegal Immigration

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 10:30 am
Hey just want to see what everyone's current views on immigration are and how you would like to see policy changed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,022 • Replies: 53
No top replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 10:37 am
@leftcoast09,
I would love to see them deported, but realistically that won't happen, can't happen. The cost would be worse for the government then 40 million illegals.

in short we should:

Start actually enforcing the laws currently on the books
secure the northern and southern border
assimilate those currently here
pass stronger illegal immigration laws for the future

we can't hunt them all down and kick them out, just not going to happen. They need to be given a process to become legal and we need to "stop the bleeding" of people comming across our borders illegally in the future

that's not to say I don't think illegals here now shouldn't be deported, it's just logistic improbability
0 Replies

leftcoast09

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 10:42 am
@leftcoast09,
Yeah I'd love to see them all gone too, but unfortunately it isn't a viable solution. Living in California, I know that they support our agricultural industry and are a vital part of the economy. In future reform, I believe one law that needs to be passed is to stop granting citizenship to children of illegal immigrants. These people know that if they can just come across the border and push out a few kids, they have a legal way to reap the benefits of citizenship without being a citizen.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 11:54 am
@leftcoast09,
leftcoast09;16029 wrote:
Yeah I'd love to see them all gone too, but unfortunately it isn't a viable solution. Living in California, I know that they support our agricultural industry and are a vital part of the economy. In future reform, I believe one law that needs to be passed is to stop granting citizenship to children of illegal immigrants. These people know that if they can just come across the border and push out a few kids, they have a legal way to reap the benefits of citizenship without being a citizen.

I'd rethink the word "support" our agricultural industry, more like leech off. If they were legal, they would pay taxes and then be putting something back into the system, as it is 3 mil (or was it billion?) + a year of the money made goes back to Mexico, and not back into our economy. The only people really benefiting are the contractors that hire them, as then the profits, which are NOT passed on to the consumer, are filling up their personal bank accounts. That is an economy where if one of them injures themselves, or need to squeeze out a couple more kids, they can go to the hospital and receive free medical care, as a matter of fact, the very same medical care that citizens with insurance pay thousands a year for, and STILL have things like co-pays to deal with. I'm not sure which, but one hospital in Dallas reported MORE births from illegal immigrants than citizens last year.
0 Replies

leftcoast09

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 04:20 pm
@leftcoast09,
I agree that they don't and should pay taxes for the benefits they receive for being in this country. Although consumers don't receive the benefit of cheap labor, you can bet that if contractors used legal more expensive labor the consumer would definitely have the cost passed on. The economy would suffer if cheap labor wasn't used, it also will suffer if it is not used. There are pros and cons both ways.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 08:04 pm
@leftcoast09,
Every country has the right to defend its borders. That includes the U.S., no matter how politically incorrect it might be today for any country to reject dark-skinned immigrants. If these were Scandinavians, we'd probably have armed guards with liberal rules of engagement in place right now.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 03:18 pm
@leftcoast09,
I just arranged for a licensed contractor to build out my backyard. I contracted for a fireplace, waterfall and built in barbecue along with 3 large concrete pad areas. When the job was over, I found out that all of the workers were flown in from Guadalajara, Mexico to do the work. When I asked the contractor why he imported the workers rather than using American labor he said that this crew had worked for him for years. He said that they were all very skilled and well paid for their work. When they were finished, they all returned to Mexico with my cash in their pockets. I say, if they are skilled, make them apply for citizenship, live here, pay taxes here and become part of the solution.
92b16vx

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 05:52 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;16203 wrote:
I say, if they are skilled, make them apply for citizenship, live here, pay taxes here and become part of the solution.

Exfukingactly.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 06:10 pm
@leftcoast09,
Ah.....but we're such racists for agreeing with you.
92b16vx

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 06:40 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;16245 wrote:

I'm so sick of the race card. I live in a predominently mexican city, and every single mexican, or legal immigrant I know HATES illegals. They total see it as destroying the quality of their lives, and validity of their own citizenship.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 01:10 pm
@leftcoast09,
92b16vx- you are so right. I live in the greater Los Angeles area, which is now number more hispanics that any other racial group. One of our local news anchors, who happens to be hispanic, is up in arms about what's going on here. His family migrated from Mexico legally, went through the process of citizenship and raised a family following the laws of our country. They worked hard to get here and harder to stay here with nothing given to them. I think they deserve better that what the radical and often violent latino groups advocate.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 01:19 pm
@leftcoast09,
ITs the Radical that are noticed. LAw abiding citizens dont sell new papers.
0 Replies

couchp

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 02:27 am
@leftcoast09,
What sickens me about immigration, here in the UK at least is; we work all our lives ( 35 years in my case never been out of work ) some person comes into the UK bringing no skills worth having ( although there are many who do & my problem is not with them ) straight away our system gives them money, and treats them the same as me. I've paid my taxes & health insurance to the state. If I got made redundant I get the same money as them, the fact that I've paid all those years means nothing. 'Hey this applies to the lazy british slob who has no intention of working either!
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:57 am
@leftcoast09,
I will trade my Meixcans for your Kumars
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:49 pm
@leftcoast09,
Well, I'm married to a Hispanic from Panama. I've struggled my entire adult life to master Spanish and still fall short by a good distance. I've lived for a short while (3.5 years) in Latin America, and once passionately loved the history of the place. I currently live in America's second biggest Mexican city, and a whole gigantic bunch of my best friends are Hispanic. STILL, I don't want my country over-run by foreigners, period. It's not about race. It's about basic national sovereignty. No one has that right. No one.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 11:34 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;16245 wrote:
Then i must be one of the very elusive chicano racists i've been hearing about, LOL.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 06:47 am
@leftcoast09,
I was joking. I love America's Hispanic heritage. I love Europe's Hispanic heritage, especially Spain's heroism demonstrated over the 700 years of the RECONQUISTA. There are no greater heroes in the living memory of Western Civilization. My avatar is the fabled, "DON PELAYO", a fighting Spanish Catholic, I believe.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 08:32 am
@leftcoast09,
Pinochet. There is no United States Soverignty LOL, the Many Indian tribes that the europeans booted off would be the onle soverignty. This country was created for those who wanted to be free from tyrany and blah blah blah. As many people as want to should be allowed to come here. But they should also HAVE to foollow our laws. Its illeagal immigration we should hate not immigration period.

Spain is hispanic? :bangin:
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 08:35 am
@leftcoast09,
Of course Spain is hispanic, and Portugal. What do you think Latin Americans are, 100% Indian natives? Spanish people are more hispanic than them.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 08:38 am
@leftcoast09,
Spain and portugal are europeans.

Show me a blonde headed blue eyed Mexican (Besides my daughter but she is only a quarter)
0 Replies