0
   

Michael Moore's Giving Ways

 
 
Skye cv
 
Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 08:16 am
I received this in the past week and kept it to share - interesting comparisons given here

Look at the earnings from Michael Moore's 'documentaries' and his comments about his audience to understand his motivations. In his films,
Moore condemns the automotive, energy, healthcare, and other industries, claiming their intense greed compromises their ethics.

In contrast to the small to negative profit margins of the targets of his critiques, Moore the 'philanthropist' on the other hand, enjoys a 94% margin from his films, earning $292 million:

Roger and Me - $8 million
Bowling for Columbine $54 million
Fahrenheit 9-11 $216 million
Sicko $14 million (to date on $216 million in ticket sales)
Source: Box Office Mojo

And while portraying himself as a modern day savior for the downtrodden, Moore characterizes the audiences who enriched him as 'possibly the dumbest people on the planet', glibly noting that 'there is a gullible side to the American people. They can be easily misled.' He used these audience traits to captialize on tendering misinformation.

Contrasting Moore's personal windfall from Sicko are laudable efforts for people to take note of such as those of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation which funds a multitude of world health projects, including a recent $42 million grant to develop a malaria cure cheap enough to be given away to all the poor nations in the world.

Which will most benefit the heal of the population of our world?

A profiteer selling inflammatory half-truths or quietly funding decisive action?

Another self-enriching movie or development of a cure for the 300 - 500 million people who will be newly infected with malaria just this year?

I think even the least of those who are 'easily led in ignorance' can comprehend the difference.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 7,461 • Replies: 97
No top replies

 
Pinochet73
 
  1  
Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 01:44 pm
@Skye cv,
Moore is a gluttonous slob who can't control himself. He can't control his mouth, either when eating, or discussing politics or socio-economics. I'd love to PT that fat boy half to death and back. When I got through with him, he'd be talking in tongues.
0 Replies
 
jpierce1968
 
  1  
Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 03:36 pm
@Skye cv,
This is the comment that I am responding too:
Moore is a gluttonous slob who can't control himself. He can't control his mouth, either when eating, or discussing politics or socio-economics. I'd love to PT that fat boy half to death and back. When I got through with him, he'd be talking in tongues.

Michael Moore is NOT a gluttonous slob, he is a very well educated and caring individual. He is honest and down to earth. As far as controlling his mouth? He controls it very well, he says and does things that most people wish they could do but are too afraid to step up to plate as they do not want to be in the fall-out, so they sit back and run their mouths on people such as Michaell, because they don not have the backbone to address the issues themselves. If you don not like Michael Moore or you have different beliefs then why are you even taking time to badger him?? I am in SICKO, my husband is DEAD at the young age of 37. He worked his entire life as a Union Carpenter, only to die at the hands of my insurance provider. What gives them the right to play GOD! and then you sit behind your computer screen and have the odasity to critisize someone who is trying to do good for people. and the only reason you do not know what Michael Moore does with his money, is he does not broadcast it, as what he does is from the heart and not for the gratification of having the whole media and the who's who know what he has done.. Why don't you email all the families in SICKO and ask them what Michael Moore has done..People like you who constantly down others because they are making a difference and speaking their mind are pitifu; and most likely unhappy with themseves. I will pray for you! Oh, and you would have to go through alot of SICKO people to get to Michael as per your comments in the paragraph above! Have a Good Day!!!
Skye cv
 
  1  
Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 05:04 pm
@Skye cv,
JPierce - such passion - I hope Moore appreciates you

Here's a link to a long dissertation on Moore - from a few years back.

Michael Moore, Humbug by Kay S. Hymowitz, City Journal Summer 2003

I particularly enjoyed this bit:

Quote:
Not only has he created an enormously clever fictional character whose name is Michael Moore—a contemporary Will Rogers, able to channel Noam Chomsky via Chevy Chase; a working-class, truth-telling schlub in a trucker’s hat who shuffles out of his La-Z-Boy recliner to seek answers to folksy questions from the high and mighty—he has also conjured up a fictional America that seductively taps into long familiar populist resentments that have their most recent incarnation in the rage of the anti-globalization Left.


He is a fat fantasy people latch onto - disaffected people wishing to point fingers of blame for their unfortunate situations in life which we all have - and Moore has become the Pied Piper of the whiner.
Pinochet73
 
  1  
Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 05:22 pm
@jpierce1968,
jpierce1968;34146 wrote:
This is the comment that I am responding too:
Moore is a gluttonous slob who can't control himself. He can't control his mouth, either when eating, or discussing politics or socio-economics. I'd love to PT that fat boy half to death and back. When I got through with him, he'd be talking in tongues.

Michael Moore is NOT a gluttonous slob, he is a very well educated and caring individual. He is honest and down to earth. As far as controlling his mouth? He controls it very well, he says and does things that most people wish they could do but are too afraid to step up to plate as they do not want to be in the fall-out, so they sit back and run their mouths on people such as Michaell, because they don not have the backbone to address the issues themselves. If you don not like Michael Moore or you have different beliefs then why are you even taking time to badger him?? I am in SICKO, my husband is DEAD at the young age of 37. He worked his entire life as a Union Carpenter, only to die at the hands of my insurance provider. What gives them the right to play GOD! and then you sit behind your computer screen and have the odasity to critisize someone who is trying to do good for people. and the only reason you do not know what Michael Moore does with his money, is he does not broadcast it, as what he does is from the heart and not for the gratification of having the whole media and the who's who know what he has done.. Why don't you email all the families in SICKO and ask them what Michael Moore has done..People like you who constantly down others because they are making a difference and speaking their mind are pitifu; and most likely unhappy with themseves. I will pray for you! Oh, and you would have to go through alot of SICKO people to get to Michael as per your comments in the paragraph above! Have a Good Day!!!


He's a fat-body and traitor. The first thing the Communists he supports would do to him if they triumphed would be to throw is bubble-butt in a gulag prison camp and work and starve him down to a normal weight. Maybe that's what he's fighting for, subconsciously.
Pinochet73
 
  1  
Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 05:24 pm
@Skye cv,
Skye;34151 wrote:
JPierce - such passion - I hope Moore appreciates you

Here's a link to a long dissertation on Moore - from a few years back.

Michael Moore, Humbug by Kay S. Hymowitz, City Journal Summer 2003

I particularly enjoyed this bit:



He is a fat fantasy people latch onto - disaffected people wishing to point fingers of blame for their unfortunate situations in life which we all have - and Moore has become the Pied Piper of the whiner.


Good one -- "Pied Piper of the Whiner". What a scumbag loser piece-of-trash.
0 Replies
 
Pinochet73
 
  1  
Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 05:31 pm
@Skye cv,
War Story:

Had a trooper who was on the verge of getting kicked out of the Army for being overweight and unable to pass his PT test. He said he wanted to stay in, and I needed him. He was the only Intel Funds Clerk I had who could figure out and keep straight our operational finance records. I requested authority to individually PT him. First Sergeant fought it, but Commander gave it to me, due to the importance of our funds account. Every morning, for a solid month, I dragged, pushed and almost kicked that trooper's butt all over Seoul, Korea, beginning at 0500. He pushed up enough of Korea to become its thunder-god. He dropped massive weight, smoked the PT test, stayed in the Army, and thanked me afterward for being an absolute bastard, most of the time.
0 Replies
 
Skye cv
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 06:09 am
@Skye cv,
Pinochet

Good story - tough love works. We need more of it for the young these days.
Pinochet73
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 08:11 am
@Skye cv,
Michael Moore, the Human Cow, is next.
0 Replies
 
socalgolfguy
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 09:21 am
@Skye cv,
Skye;34209 wrote:
Pinochet

Good story - tough love works. We need more of it for the young these days.


I agree, Skye. Pino - you are remarkable. You make me proud to be an American.
aaronssongs
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 10:48 am
@Skye cv,
Skye;34067 wrote:
I received this in the past week and kept it to share - interesting comparisons given here

Look at the earnings from Michael Moore's 'documentaries' and his comments about his audience to understand his motivations. In his films,
Moore condemns the automotive, energy, healthcare, and other industries, claiming their intense greed compromises their ethics.

In contrast to the small to negative profit margins of the targets of his critiques, Moore the 'philanthropist' on the other hand, enjoys a 94% margin from his films, earning $292 million:

Roger and Me - $8 million
Bowling for Columbine $54 million
Fahrenheit 9-11 $216 million
Sicko $14 million (to date on $216 million in ticket sales)
Source: Box Office Mojo

And while portraying himself as a modern day savior for the downtrodden, Moore characterizes the audiences who enriched him as 'possibly the dumbest people on the planet', glibly noting that 'there is a gullible side to the American people. They can be easily misled.' He used these audience traits to captialize on tendering misinformation.

Contrasting Moore's personal windfall from Sicko are laudable efforts for people to take note of such as those of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation which funds a multitude of world health projects, including a recent $42 million grant to develop a malaria cure cheap enough to be given away to all the poor nations in the world.

Which will most benefit the heal of the population of our world?

A profiteer selling inflammatory half-truths or quietly funding decisive action?

Another self-enriching movie or development of a cure for the 300 - 500 million people who will be newly infected with malaria just this year?

I think even the least of those who are 'easily led in ignorance' can comprehend the difference.


Needless to say, I am connected to Michael Moore, on MySpace, as I am an avid admirer of his work and his message. He is a real hero, and whistleblower, in these times of rights being subverted, and lies being propagated as truth.
I don't know about you, but I don't take kindly to my government lying to me.
In case you doubt...re-read the Declaration of Independence...until you get it.
scooby-doo cv
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 11:10 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;34155 wrote:
He's a fat-body and traitor. The first thing the Communists he supports would do to him if they triumphed would be to throw is bubble-butt in a gulag prison camp and work and starve him down to a normal weight. Maybe that's what he's fighting for, subconsciously.


i like him LOL :thumbup: keep up the good work michael :thumbup:
Pinochet73
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 01:03 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;34265 wrote:
I agree, Skye. Pino - you are remarkable. You make me proud to be an American.


Airborne!!!!!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
0 Replies
 
aaronssongs
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 02:19 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;34300 wrote:
i like him LOL :thumbup: keep up the good work michael :thumbup:


Scooby, they don't like it when their s...is revealed...and that's what we have to do...is continue to take the covers off, whenever they attempt to hide, spin or lie. Expose the s..., whenever, wherever, however. No more bathroom footsies...do it out in the open, where everyone can see. Cowards.
0 Replies
 
scooby-doo cv
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 02:52 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;34265 wrote:
I agree, Skye. Pino - you are remarkable. You make me proud to be an American.


yeh it would have brought a tear to a glass eye ! :thumbdown:
aaronssongs
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 02:55 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;34352 wrote:
yeh it would have brought a tear to a glass eye ! :thumbdown:


You know, lately, I ain't so proud....and I used to be...back in 1999 B.B.
(Before Bush)
socalgolfguy
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 04:18 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;34290 wrote:
Needless to say, I am connected to Michael Moore, on MySpace, as I am an avid admirer of his work and his message. He is a real hero, and whistleblower, in these times of rights being subverted, and lies being propagated as truth.
I don't know about you, but I don't take kindly to my government lying to me.
In case you doubt...re-read the Declaration of Independence...until you get it.


He's a blowhard and bully that preys on the weak minded, laughing all the way to the bank. The fact that you think he's a hero speaks volumes of your gullibility.
Red cv
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 05:06 pm
@Skye cv,
LOL his latest Sicko is so full of holes it's a sea sponge. First of all Health Care in Canada isn't free we pay some of the highest taxes in the world for third world health care. With Provincial and Federal Income Tax I pay 52% income tax. In BC they ship pregnant women to the US for heavens sake. Cuba has a better health care system, but half them are so thin from starvation they aren't afflicted with obesity woos like Canada.

He's a hero to those who want to live in a Socialist Utopia, I just don't understand the socialist mindset. For heavens sake working isn't so bad, if only they'd get out of their mother's basements and tried it.
Drnaline
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 05:08 pm
@Skye cv,
Agreed.
0 Replies
 
Red cv
 
  1  
Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 05:13 pm
@Skye cv,
A man of few words Dr.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Michael Moore's Giving Ways
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/20/2021 at 03:38:36