Anyone sick of the party system.

couchp

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 02:56 am
@Silverchild79,
My point exactly. Where's the representation, from a guy who does not even come from the area he represents. A guy with roots, working in a local company or from that area will always be looking out for his own people, health & industry. So maybe politicians should be the same.
I would always vote for a good local 'honest Joe' whatever his politics,then some career minded politico any time!
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 05:02 am
@couchp,
Well, how about Hillary representing New York, while hailing from Arkansas?
couchp

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 06:22 am
@Pinochet73,
Yeah, absolutely, she's the queen of the career, self promoting politico of all time. Does anyone really think she cares about Joe Average New Yorker!
Only his/her vote, I fear. Hey not only that, but, ex spice Victoria Becham going stateside, no politician, but self promoting, watch that space.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 09:56 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;15791 wrote:
Representing everyone's ideals equally leads to anarchy. Let the marketplace of ideas operate and weed out those that don't work.

Large groups have similar enough ideals for that not to happen but the ideals of America are diverse enough to have many more large parties than we have now.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 12:38 pm
@couchp,
The problem with the political system is thast it is devolving into pluralism and the system has not adapted...maybe three or four parties would allow some semblance of a choice in elections...I don't believe having a local guy in office means that much anymore and maybe professional stateman and women are not such a bad idea, because they can be held accountable by voters if they are in danger of losing their chosen profession
couchp

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 01:06 pm
@rhopper3,
rhopper3;16055 wrote:
The problem with the political system is thast it is devolving into pluralism and the system has not adapted...maybe three or four parties would allow some semblance of a choice in elections...I don't believe having a local guy in office means that much anymore and maybe professional stateman and women are not such a bad idea, because they can be held accountable by voters if they are in danger of losing their chosen profession

Yeah, professionals to run the big departments, like ecominists / bankers for the treasury. And the nation could vote on which guy they think best fills the role. But on a local level we should have local people, to speak on our behalf. So maybe two houses would be required, with a third house of people from the whole spectrum to be the common sense in it all!
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 05:45 pm
@couchp,
Bush needs to be tougher, meaner and more visible. He needs to kick butt right up to the time he leaves office.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 06:28 am
@couchp,
Two-party politics are getting sickening. Bill O'Reilly, for example, is now supporting the new immigration amnesty bill simply for the sake of saving the GOP (Republican Party). So, it's to hell with American society and culture, just as long as the Republicans are saved. Crap. The nation comes first.:thumbdown:
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 11:52 am
@couchp,
Exactly the point of this blog...no one right or left believes it is working anymore
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 01:56 pm
@couchp,
It's a frig'n joke. I'm beginning to loathe both parties.
0 Replies