If only we would.....

socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 10:55 am
@trappedbyparties,
You're a lost soul. I hope you never spent any time in prison.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 10:56 am
@One Man Clan,
One Man Clan;21770 wrote:
Many people join gangs for protection.

That's the most common reason.
I don't call it protection, i call it fear. Protection from what?
socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 10:58 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;21788 wrote:

Protection from gangs. Smart thinking, huh?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 10:58 am
@One Man Clan,
One Man Clan;21784 wrote:
Therefore there's no criminal intent.

Being in a gang does not BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT imply intent.

Being in a gang with no intent is called a social club not a gang.
One Man Clan

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 11:24 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;21787 wrote:
You're a lost soul. I hope you never spent any time in prison.

What makes me a lost soul?

And I hope I never spend a day in prison.

With all the stupid **** they're making illegal now it's hard not to.
0 Replies

One Man Clan

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 11:25 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;21788 wrote:

Gangs, the drug dealer you pissed off, the brother/father of the girl you got pregnant, the guy you owe money to, etc.

There are people that need protection, and they often turn to gangs. A stupid choice, really, but doesn't imply intent to cause harm beyond reasonable doubt.
One Man Clan

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 11:26 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;21791 wrote:
Being in a gang with no intent is called a social club not a gang.

So you think the police should be allowed to say "OH LOOK! HE'S IN A GANG! LET'S ARREST HIM!" ?
socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 11:31 am
@trappedbyparties,
Bring him in, question him, get what you can from him, and if he is determined to be a conspirator on any illegal activity, arrest, prosecute and imprison him. Short answer - yes.
One Man Clan

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 11:33 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;21810 wrote:
Bring him in, question him, get what you can from him, and if he is determined to be a conspirator on any illegal activity, arrest, prosecute and imprison him. Short answer - yes.

Nah, I'd rather the police have REASONABLE suspicion that a crime is being committed or is about to be committed.

We can't have cops bringing gangsters into the station all day, every day. That's harassment. They'd be getting taken in all the time, and that's an infringement of freedom.
0 Replies

One Man Clan

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 11:34 am
@trappedbyparties,
And again people, you're forgetting the "freedom of association" guaranteed to us in the Constitution.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 11:40 am
@trappedbyparties,
Sorry, my friend, but you're on the wrong side of this argument. Thugs are thugs, period. End.
One Man Clan

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 11:41 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;22105 wrote:
Sorry, my friend, but you're on the wrong side of this argument. Thugs are thugs, period. End.

What is it with you people? Do you think the Constitution should be ignored?
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 02:05 pm
@trappedbyparties,
Thugs are thugs - people that hide behind the constitution on issues of thugery are cowards.
One Man Clan

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 03:09 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;22130 wrote:
Thugs are thugs - people that hide behind the constitution on issues of thugery are cowards.

No, people that limit freedom for security are cowards.

Free societies are more dangerous, but at least the men are allowed to carry keep their balls.

If you're going to ignore the Constitution, fine, but don't expect rational people like myself to take anything you say worth a grain of salt. We believe that the government should have laws restricting it.

But there are so many people like you, so many fascists who believe that the government can surpass it's bounds to protect you coward types.

I would rather live in a free society full of thugs than a restrictive society full of WWJD types.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 08:11 am
@trappedbyparties,
Quote:
No, people that limit freedom for security are cowards.
Do you obey the speed limit? You know that it's there for security right, not just for you but others as well? What about criminal tresspassing, again for security. You must be cowardly, or do you constantly brake the law?
Quote:
We believe that the government should have laws restricting it. No, people that limit freedom for security are cowards.

You think these two sentences compliment each other or are they completely opposite? Are you trying to limit freedom by restriction?
One Man Clan

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 10:38 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;23850 wrote:
Do you obey the speed limit? You know that it's there for security right, not just for you but others as well?

No, I don't always obey it.

Strangely enough, the only time I've hit anything I was going half a mile per hour. Every time I've sped? Didn't hit a thing. Got close once on the highway, but that's because I wasn't speeding enough.

Quote:
What about criminal tresspassing, again for security. You must be cowardly, or do you constantly brake the law?You think these two sentences compliment each other or are they completely opposite? Are you trying to limit freedom by restriction?

Holy ****, you really don't understand the concept of freedom, do you?
Drnaline

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 07:05 pm
@One Man Clan,
One Man Clan;21803 wrote:
So you think the police should be allowed to say "OH LOOK! HE'S IN A GANG! LET'S ARREST HIM!" ?

No. I was in a few gangs as a youth, i know what they are about, we weren't up to any good.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 07:07 pm
@One Man Clan,
One Man Clan;21802 wrote:
Gangs, the drug dealer you pissed off, the brother/father of the girl you got pregnant, the guy you owe money to, etc.

There are people that need protection, and they often turn to gangs. A stupid choice, really, but doesn't imply intent to cause harm beyond reasonable doubt.
Doesn't imply protection either. If you need someone to stand behind you call your dad, i guarantee there will be no one who will fight stronger.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 07:13 pm
@One Man Clan,
One Man Clan;23865 wrote:
Quote:

Strangely enough, the only time I've hit anything I was going half a mile per hour. Every time I've sped? Didn't hit a thing. Got close once on the highway, but that's because I wasn't speeding enough.

Holy ****, you really don't understand the concept of freedom, do you?
Quote:
But for the most part you do, as do most people.
Quote:
Holy ****, you really don't understand the concept of freedom, do you
Sure i do. On one hand you want government to make laws to restrict and on the other you say if you limit freedom for security your a coward. You can't have it both ways, it's one or the other.
One Man Clan

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 07:48 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;23951 wrote:
No. I was in a few gangs as a youth, i know what they are about, we weren't up to any good.

Did you harm anyone else or their property?

If so, you deserved to be punished. If not, you didn't.

And I mean "YOU" as in you the individual.