Cops can't do thier jobs....?

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 07:07 pm
Last night in houston yet another man was trying to attack a police officer and was tazzed. The man refused to comply with the officer and continued to try to attack. The officer tazzed again, the man still pressed on. The man later died. It has not yet been said wether the death was caused by the tazzer. In my opinion this could have all been stoped. Its a simple solution acually......STOP TRYING TO FIGHT THE COPS!!!! You freaking morons, when the cop says sir i'm asking you to calm down, sir i'm going to tazze you if you don't calm down.....Calm your ass down! Stop resisting arrest and the officers won't have to use any kind of force on you. This is a growing problem here in houston, and i'm sure in other cities that have tazzers issued to the great men and women who try to protect us everyday. It is thier job to secure any possible threat. If you are biligerant and yelling and raising your hands to throw a punch, it is thier job to take you down before you harm them or anyone around. If this officer would not have taken this guy down, and he did harm someone, that officer would be in even more trouble. Either way you look at it the great "lets not hurt anyones feelings" bregade would install in our minds that we can't trust our police force. It's time we butch up and send a message to these dispicible criminals that we are not going to except this kind of behavior. Wake up people, our country is going to hell in a hand basket and you are letting it!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 925 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 07:13 pm
@trappedbyparties,
He sounds like somebody society can live without.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 07:27 pm
@trappedbyparties,
I agree with Pinochet. There is a huge lack of respect for authority now a days it seems. Here in Spokane, WA we have had a few taser related deaths. Some day soon they are going to simply say police are going to have to blow bubbles at suspects so they do not hurt them. We went from guns to less lethal and the police have to use it over and over so much it is actually causing deaths. It seems like it is pretty much lose lose for the police Sad
0 Replies

trappedbyparties

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 07:33 pm
@trappedbyparties,
Good, so i am not the only person who is fed up with this. It is the truth and of course the ussual activists have to make it into a race issue. Just because the population is mostly black and many other of the tazzed "victims" along with this guy were black. Well guess what there were two white guys today who were tazed and stoped and lived. I don't care what race you are, if you are going to fight with a police oficer, you will and need to get your ass kicked. No the next thing is going to be back to knight sticks then change to tossing rocks, you can't throw them cuase that sounds too violent.:beat:
0 Replies

mousy

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:58 pm
@trappedbyparties,
What do you think cops focus most of their attention on?

Confiscation drug money?

Monitering sex offenders?
briansol

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 10:02 pm
@trappedbyparties,
sounds like rodney king....

oh wait, wrong thread...
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 10:14 pm
@trappedbyparties,
Lol!!
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 10:23 pm
@trappedbyparties,
just to clear this up

NSFW for language

YouTube - Chris Rock - police
Drnaline

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 07:13 am
@trappedbyparties,
LOL, hadn't sen that one in a while.
0 Replies

trappedbyparties

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 07:11 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;13615 wrote:
just to clear this up

NSFW for language

YouTube - Chris Rock - police

hhaahaha, that's great, and yet so true.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 07:14 pm
@trappedbyparties,
I worked for a short time in the criminal justice world. It was interesting, but not my calling. I'll always believe professional and/or habitual criminals should be treated very harshly by society. At some point, they should be executed, without ceremony, drawn-out appeals, or remorse.
trappedbyparties

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 08:07 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;13705 wrote:
I worked for a short time in the criminal justice world. It was interesting, but not my calling. I'll always believe professional and/or habitual criminals should be treated very harshly by society. At some point, they should be executed, without ceremony, drawn-out appeals, or remorse.

The crazy thing is....i agree with you. There needs to be punishment for criminals and unfortunately there isn't. Oh wait, they get to stay in a hotel for 20 years and not have to pay for a thing. Jail time is not enough for heinous crimes. If the criminals, and this is just logical reasoning, see that people are being executed for killing, there going to think, oh maybe i shouldn't do this. Of course right now they don't think that way because it's hardly ever carried out. They get put on death row and sit there for 20 or 30 years, read law books and find a loophole to get themselves out. Or they could just sue the cop who arrests them and get off. Most criminals don't even stay thier full sentences. They get off early, get out and commit more crimes. I know this because my best friend is a prison gaurd for the state of texas. He sees people leave and a few weeks later they are right back. Criminals are not afraid of prison anymore. It's time we give them something to be afraid of. A reason to think twice.:jail:
0 Replies

trappedbyparties

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 08:30 pm
@mousy,
mousy;13610 wrote:
What do you think cops focus most of their attention on?

Confiscation drug money?

Monitering sex offenders?

What exactly are you asking or implying? Honestly i will tell you this much....They spend more of thier time on whatever the police chief or mayor are telling them to spend more time on. And with that said, probably whatever is going to bring the city more money! It's not the cops fault they have to spend more time on traffic violations and drug raids, if that is what you are setting someone up for. They are just fallowing orders given to them. Just like our military.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 08:32 pm
@trappedbyparties,
That is a very inherent flaw with our system. But some would argue that it is there right to appeal and that sort of thing. I do really believe that the fear to not commit a crime isn't there any more. Maybe it was never really there.
trappedbyparties

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 08:46 pm
@Drakej,
Maybe it was never really there.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, i'd like to speculate that in the days of publics hangings there was a fear of being hanged for commiting a crime...not to say we should go back to public hangings. But harsh crimes need to be approched by harsh punishments. If someone is pointing a gun at you and has thier mind made up that they are going to kill you, do you really think you are going to talk them out of it? Do you think there is anything you can say to change thier minds? Or maybe you could ask the 20 other people they've shot and killed. This is why i just can't see being more polite to criminals as an option. This, "lets not hurt anyones feelings" crap has got to go. Turn the the other cheek is great untill you run out of cheeks. At some point you need to defend yourself.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 11:12 pm
@trappedbyparties,
I think the cops are getting a bad rap on the way they treat criminals . 99% of the protestors would never do the job the cops do . In the heat of chase or confrontation , they follow their training and even then someone gripes .
In Houston recently a woman who was behind in her work and fearing getting fired started a fire in her office as a diversion. The building burned and one or two people were killed . Imagine this - her lawyers are trying to blame the deaths on a perceived slow response by the Fire Department !! Another case the judge out to throw out on its face as BS .
Another woman was driving a stolen truck with some others and when cornered by cops , she rammed a police car and sped away . In the chase she crashed into another car and a child was killed . Now her lawyers are blaming the Houston Police Department chase policy for the death . Opponents want the cops to NOT chase , and to NOT confront criminals . Just let them go .
92b16vx

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 08:07 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;13732 wrote:
I think the cops are getting a bad rap on the way they treat criminals . 99% of the protestors would never do the job the cops do . In the heat of chase or confrontation , they follow their training and even then someone gripes .
In Houston recently a woman who was behind in her work and fearing getting fired started a fire in her office as a diversion. The building burned and one or two people were killed . Imagine this - her lawyers are trying to blame the deaths on a perceived slow response by the Fire Department !! Another case the judge out to throw out on its face as BS .
Another woman was driving a stolen truck with some others and when cornered by cops , she rammed a police car and sped away . In the chase she crashed into another car and a child was killed . Now her lawyers are blaming the Houston Police Department chase policy for the death . Opponents want the cops to NOT chase , and to NOT confront criminals . Just let them go .

They get worse than that. Not only with frivalous lawsuits, but hte fact that the jails are overflowing with drug related crimes, there's less and less room and money for real criminals. And with so many people lobbying for prisoners rights...it's disgusting. There should be no TV, weight rooms, etc, in prison....none. Most criminals do not care if they go to jail because it's better living than they have on the outside. Our justice system needs a serious overhaul, the appeals process is a ******* joke. "Your honor, my client killed seventeen people ten years ago, but he is all better now" and the sad part is, they CAN get out!!! **** that, you kill someone, just shorten 25-life, to simply life, period. No chance of parole...EVER. Why should a murderer even have the hope of parole, when the person they murdered is dead?

Then you have instances such as the guy in Cleveland that killed some kid that was trying to rob him at gun point Link here. The kid that got killeds family is bitching about the shooter going free. You dumb bitch, your stupid cousin robbed someone at gun point and got his dumbass shot, what do you expect? People in this countries moral compasses are ALL fucked up.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 08:07 pm
@trappedbyparties,
I advocate public execution by hanging.
0 Replies

trappedbyparties

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 09:14 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;13732 wrote:

Yeah, I am very familiar with these stories, honestly they make me want to puke in the face of every nancy-boy activist in this city and throughout the United States. How can you take the side of someone who has just killed a number of people? How do you justify taking that stance? Without feeling distgusted with yourself when the day is over? Also, how can you blame the actions and reactions of a criminal on the police?:no: The thing that gets me worse, This little punk is only getting 11 years and as discried y a police officer today on a local news radio show....The way the system works now it's like 3 days to every day or something like that....i don't rememer the exact math but he said she would probaly only spend 3 years in prison. Wow....."AND JUSTICE FOR ALL".......
0 Replies