• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,948 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 08:57 pm
@92b16vx,
That is a very good article on patriotism, where can it be found? A link would be nice.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 09:06 pm
@92b16vx,
Sorry forgot the link.

Congressman Ron Paul

In Speechs and Statements, click on Index.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 11:18 pm
@92b16vx,
I agree that is a mighty fine speech. It raises quit a few very good points. I have noticed quit a bit of the "unpatriotic" comments on here and in my day to day life. It is our duty to apply checks and balances. That is our Patriotic Duty.
Whatever cv

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 02:05 pm
@Drakej,
Quote:
Out of fear of being labeled unpatriotic, most citizens become compliant and accept the argument that some loss of liberty is required to fight the war in order to remain safe. This is a bad trade-off in my estimation, especially when done in the name of patriotism.

Great article!!!
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 05:46 pm
@92b16vx,
Where were you when they killed The Doctor? Where were you when they killed Malcolm? Where were you when they killed Jack and Bobby? WHERE WERE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO TO HELP MAKE THINGS BETTER? You weren't there. You weren't there. You weren't there, MAN. YOU DON'T KNOW.
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 06:05 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;43818 wrote:
Where were you when they killed The Doctor? Where were you when they killed Malcolm? Where were you when they killed Jack and Bobby? WHERE WERE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO TO HELP MAKE THINGS BETTER? You weren't there. You weren't there. You weren't there, MAN. YOU DON'T KNOW.

Why are you wondering with your Bush-loving, Katrina drop the ball, still have yet to find WMD, clueless about the enviroment, still ain't got a immigration bill, trying to hyper-extend our military by saber rattling at Iran, talking s... to Putin, Karen Hughes having to resign cuz she couldn't find any buyers for the US public image she was trying to sell, self....how many folks have left the Bush White House? Back in the day, they called it "jumping ship", or "getting while the getting is good"...any thoughts?
p.S. excuse me...but Malcolm, Jack, Bobby and MLK weren't Republicans, were they???????? So why you asking?
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 07:20 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;43825 wrote:
Why are you wondering with your Bush-loving, Katrina drop the ball, still have yet to find WMD, clueless about the enviroment, still ain't got a immigration bill, trying to hyper-extend our military by saber rattling at Iran, talking s... to Putin, Karen Hughes having to resign cuz she couldn't find any buyers for the US public image she was trying to sell, self....how many folks have left the Bush White House? Back in the day, they called it "jumping ship", or "getting while the getting is good"...any thoughts?
p.S. excuse me...but Malcolm, Jack, Bobby and MLK weren't Republicans, were they???????? So why you asking?

So.....where were you? You never answered the answered the question. I was in the third or fourth grade, in Colorado Springs, CO, breathing that healthy, mountain air. Ha.
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 08:36 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;43836 wrote:
So.....where were you? You never answered the answered the question. I was in the third or fourth grade, in Colorado Springs, CO, breathing that healthy, mountain air. Ha.

I was either in Chicago, Ill. or Houston, Tx....so what? The incidents did not happen at the same time. Geesh. Mountain air or canabis?
Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 08:48 pm
@aaronssongs,
Aaron, I was in Alvin, near Houston, then Beaumont in college, then in Tanzania in the Peace Corps. I participated in anti-war rallies, antidiscrimination rallies,and demonstrations of several types.
I support our troops, our President, America and her position in the world, and dislike the politics of people like Clinton, Pelosi, Murtha, and others, and I consider myself a patriot whether you do or not.
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 11:24 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;43844 wrote:
Aaron, I was in Alvin, near Houston, then Beaumont in college, then in Tanzania in the Peace Corps. I participated in anti-war rallies, antidiscrimination rallies,and demonstrations of several types.
I support our troops, our President, America and her position in the world, and dislike the politics of people like Clinton, Pelosi, Murtha, and others, and I consider myself a patriot whether you do or not.

I support our troops, when they are deployed "intelligently", and with "purpose", not with agendas of a corrupt administration (read : Cheney, and by proxy, Bush)...while I admire Clinton, he wasn't a saint(although, he might be the most intelligent president, ever)...and proved "human", just like the rest of us.
Pelosi (and Reid) has proven she doesn't have the cojones to stand up to Bush and the rest of the demented Republican Congress (who supports this president, right or wrong, come hell or high water)...Murtha, was a war hero, and rightfully against this war, and for bringing our troops home, immediately...
I remember listening to JFK's inaugural address...and being inspired, and feeling at that tender age of 8, that this was a great nation, and that he was a great man. I felt, in fact, "patriotic", although I didn't know it at the time....so, I resent your implication that I might not be, sir.
And I don't know how one could call themselves "a patriot", without being 'outraged" at this poor excuse for a man and a president...and nobody from the Republican side, save Chuck Hagel, and John Warner ( at one time or another) calling this president on "his stuff"...the silence is 'deafening"....there is something wrong with that picture. Excuse me.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 11:57 pm
@92b16vx,
Hmmm, when did I say or even suggest you are not patriotic?
aaronssongs

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 12:44 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;43853 wrote:
Hmmm, when did I say or even suggest you are not patriotic?

"I support our troops, our President, America and her position in the world, and dislike the politics of people like Clinton, Pelosi, Murtha, and others, [SIZE="4"]and I consider myself a patriot whether you do or not".[/SIZE]
Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 01:00 am
@aaronssongs,
Quote:
and I consider myself a patriot whether you do or not

How is that calling you unpatriotic? It is a clear statement that I consider myself a patriot whether you do ( consider me one ) or not. Plain English.
aaronssongs

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 09:23 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;43857 wrote:
How is that calling you unpatriotic? It is a clear statement that I consider myself a patriot whether you do ( consider me one ) or not. Plain English.

Don't mince words...I am not stupid, not prior, not now. In plain English, why didn't you just declare yourself a patriot without a disclaimer?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 06:05 pm
@92b16vx,
Actually, the question was a joke my son and I dreamt up after listening to Hannity on TV last summer. I said, "If I were ever on Hannity and Colmes, and Hannity started screaming, "You Liberals.....you liberals, you. Where were you when......", I'd come back with, "You Conservatives. WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THE DOCTOR WAS KILLED....AND MALCOLM, AND BOBBY, AND SO ON, AND SO FORTH!!!!?????!!!!! Just to get his back up."
aaronssongs

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 12:16 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;43952 wrote:
Actually, the question was a joke my son and I dreamt up after listening to Hannity on TV last summer. I said, "If I were ever on Hannity and Colmes, and Hannity started screaming, "You Liberals.....you liberals, you. Where were you when......", I'd come back with, "You Conservatives. WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THE DOCTOR WAS KILLED....AND MALCOLM, AND BOBBY, AND SO ON, AND SO FORTH!!!!?????!!!!! Just to get his back up."

Oh, so funny..I almost laughed. Guess you got me....pedestrian humor.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 08:53 am
@92b16vx,
Yet another Hijacked thread
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 07:19 pm
@92b16vx,
Just tyring to breathe life back into this website. It's dying, dude. It should be renamed, "Discussions with Aaron". More accurate.
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 07:43 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;44172 wrote:
Just tyring to breathe life back into this website. It's dying, dude. It should be renamed, "Discussions with Aaron". More accurate.

Pinochet...I can feel your contempt, in the words that you write. The website "has life", without you or I....we, in our imaginations, are not that important, that a site revolves around us...I know you have these "illusions of grandeur"..but, don't crack...it's not about you.
I didn't come to this site to shake anything up...I came to discuss topics and ideas...what I found were people who were so full of themselves, that they immediately saw me as a threat, and a target...so I became a "punching bag", to put it nicely...but because I have a modicum of intelligence and a vocabulary, I was able to go "toe to toe" with my detractors and adversaries, which upset them even more. Some were intimidated, though it was not my intention to try to intimidate anyone...I just presented my POV...and in a forum of free ideas, that should have been sufficient...however, I had to jump defensive, because the discussion became about "me", instead of ideas....now, I have a reputation as a "troublemaker", a racist, grandiose, a liar, a druggie, a dropout, and a felon...when all i am is Aaron, another human being, trying to make it, with faults, some regrets, but as any of my friends would tell you...a very big heart.