Afghanistan Poppy Cultivation Skyrockets

socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 10:41 am
@Crito,
Crito;29770 wrote:
Why? Because I want to make alcohol illegal?

You, on the other hand, don't really care how many children die, as long as they're obedient like dogs. That makes you, sir, the worst kind of hypocrite, a selfish, self-centered one. And FWIW, since I'm sure you'll expound on Christian values next, that's the exact opposite message the Bible gives us. The Bible speaks of love, which is self-less-ness; that is, putting other people's interests above even your own, like Jesus did.

You are painfully incorrect. Children need to be obedient - not like dogs, like children. It is the parents responsibility to raise their children with a strong moral foundation and personal code of ethics. I said nothing to make you believe I am promoting anything other than parental responsibility. Kids that go through adolescence without reasonable controls placed upon them are like a rudderless craft in a hurricane. Ask yourself - were you allowed to do whatever you wished with little or no parental guidance or were you made to be responsible to finish your homework and show respect to your parents? One other thing, respect commanded by your parents is not automatic. They must earn it by their actions and the leadership they provide their kids.
0 Replies

Crito

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 09:28 pm
@92b16vx,
No, they grow up to be little tyrants like their parents were. Not just in their own homes, but at their places of work too. Either that or, like me, they rebel and go out of their way to disappoint their parents, just to get even with them for acting like Nazi fascist pigs.

I agree obedience and respect are two different things, however. You can demand obedience but you have to earn respect.
socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 10:08 am
@Crito,
Crito;29948 wrote:
No, they grow up to be little tyrants like their parents were. Not just in their own homes, but at their places of work too. Either that or, like me, they rebel and go out of their way to disappoint their parents, just to get even with them for acting like Nazi fascist pigs.

I agree obedience and respect are two different things, however. You can demand obedience but you have to earn respect.

True words. That is why the parents only responsibility is to their kids is to present the best possible role model and example to their kids. If the parents act like a-holes, so will the kids, sure as hell.
0 Replies